BREW BOY BRAD'S FUND FOR BREWING

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camo6 said:
Hey! No queue jumping. Add your name to the list.

1. brewboybrad
2. Rob.P
3. Camo6
4. danestead

Done.
Apparently I've now asked for money! Throw some coins in my hat!

Sorry, I thought that's what you were insinuating. Damned ellipses! ;)

I guess you've learnt by now that there's a bit of a gang mentality at times on this forum. Once one starts with the boots, others are more than happy to sink them in as well.

When I first read your post, I took it as a bit of a lark. Maybe others take things too seriously, but I reckon good on you, you're volunteering at a brewery, hopefully that leads to some gainful employment and i see some people have aleady coughed up some money to help you.

I won't be giving you any money, but I won't put shit on you either.

Black Devil Dog said:
I guess you've learnt by now that there's a bit of a gang mentality at times on this forum. Once one starts with the boots, others are more than happy to sink them in as well.
I find this to be the nature of most forums, not just this one. It's something you get used to pretty quickly though :)

I was serious about my questions. Didn't post when I first saw this and came back after a bit. OP really needs to work out his priorities.

PS: I've said it before and repeat - being an alcohol related forum people should be a bit cautious about what sort of thing they encourage.

Money or beer..

Oh wait....

Damn you, you Bum'd NickJD......from Byron Bay, whom owns a WW, that shall only use water with 25000000/l gypsum, but owns a beard, made of copper, that shall only be dipped in pure Oxyper, on days that end in the letter y, that can only be used used in a plastic device that has been patented with a pressure vessel by some New Zealander with a love of sheep and a closed vessel pressure system..

.Yep.

Maybe get a gig as a Kyle Sandilands impersonator?

TBH, I would forget the graduate diploma for now
From talking to a few microbrewery owners lately they've prefered the IBD certificates anyway
I would leave it for a few years and give up the volunteering for the moment
Get a job, get stable and get skilled up at what you're doing for now
THEN, once you've got the means behind you, get back into volunteering, do a science based degree and follow on with the grad diploma or IBD certificates (if the science degree doesn't get you in on merit)
This is the way I'm doing it and the pro brewers I've talked to have agreed it's the best path
Personally I'm looking at the Food Science degree through Uni of Newcastle, but anything chemistry based should be good

I get the 'crows at a carcass' feeding frenzy once one respondent hits with a negative reaction. Some negative sounding responses can actually be well meaning, it can be just how they're taken at times. Only the poster knows which they are, a crow or well meaning. I'd be sifting through those as to which ones to ignore and which ones to take on board.

I get how desperation stakes can cause us to look at options of solutions which many others wouldn't even conssider. I've been at the absolute bottom of the pile where my head space was so fucked up that 'up' couldn't even be seen as an option so I can see how you would be looking at ANY option to get wehere you want to go. I'd suggest sifting through the more balanced replies which are based around' slow down, look at giving yourself time to work at ANYTHING which comes up to get a few bucks in the bank then work your way towards your ultimate goal'.

I do have trouble with the principle of finding a bunch of people who'll give me cash when they don't even know me, but again, I do get how someone can be despaerate enough to go there as an option. The world isn't ending within the next 5 minutes ( i will look a real dill if it does), patience is a worthwhile option to you right now. As sp0rk suggested above, get stable so that the decisions you make are not driven by that desperation which I sense right now.

And good luck.

Knock on doors for jobs with a 1 page resume about your skills etc and ask for the owner / manager
have a good spiel and be able to handle plenty of knock backs, be positive and confident (but not the "slick" sales person style)
be serious and truthful as employers like that and want employees they can trust and make their business better

many want to give that "aussie battler" a job, they don't want a dole blugger just filling in his "paperwork" wasting his / her time

if you applying for a job thats been advertised so are 200+ other people

if you bringing the solution (YOUR the solution) for a employers problem (they need some sort of help) before they advertise a position
chances are you just might get the job.... and save them crap load of work reading BS resumes from others

some of the best jobs i have had are by just walking down a street of businesses and asking for work
those jobs also showed me what hard work was and what i needed to do to better my position in life.... and so i did

TROLL!!! If not, I'm pretty sure I bought you a loaf of bread outside of Marketown (Newcastle) the other day and your mrs was passed out next to you. I think you were on your iphone when you looked up to thank me, potentially reading this thread.

Add me to the list, anyone want to pay me to keep my BM?

Moad said:
unlikely. just someone reaching out. I admit maybe in an unusual manner but all the same not trolling.

Perhaps if anyone could help out with some form of work or a direction to help the lad.

Crofty said:
I find this to be the nature of most forums, not just this one. It's something you get used to pretty quickly though :)
WTF...are you..yes you Crofty, trying to say that there are other forums apart from AHB..

Makes a bloke want to join the WW forum....

I think the most disappointing thing is that you asked him where he was and what work he was looking for and that was the only response he ignored.

If he had of been a contributing member then I would've donated even without a reward/compensation/incentive system.

Best of luck to him. I actually love crowd funding projects. I just don't like that he only joined up to ask for money without incentives.

Moad said:
TROLL!!! If not, I'm pretty sure I bought you a loaf of bread outside of Marketown (Newcastle) the other day and your mrs was passed out next to you. I think you were on your iphone when you looked up to thank me, potentially reading this thread.

Add me to the list, anyone want to pay me to keep my BM?
Maybe you should kick some puppy dogs mate?

Ducatiboy stu said:
WTF...are you..yes you Crofty, trying to say that there are other forums apart from AHB..

Makes a bloke want to join the WW forum....
Not homebrewing forums of course... We all know there's only one HB forum, I'm talking other types, like... Quilting!... Yes quilting forums. Phew, dodged that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back