BREW BOY BRAD'S FUND FOR BREWING

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducatiboy stu said:
Been here almost 10yrs...no money...just warning points..... :ph34r:
No need to give you money Stu. You have a car = you rich

brewboybrad said:
I read everything everyone has to say here about this, how about you read what I say and understand what I am trying to get through to you....

- I am SERIOUSLY LOOKING FOR WORK AND IT IS DEPRESSING ME WITH SO MUCH REJECTION
- I have addressed the matter of there not being any incentive for contributing by saying earlier that I will alter my GoFundMe account so there is
- Then there is all the volunteering I am doing and will be doing, along with education training too... Which one of the more friendlier and attentive members has helped me with already.

Cease talking to me because you do not understand where I am coming from, you are just putting your own negative spin on things and not paying attention what I am really saying.
I've read everything you've said mate, you come across as a spoilt brat.

I'll give you a few tips, how about you try to take them in instead of going on the defensive.

- Volunteering doesn't pay the bills, knock that shit off until you have you're life in order.

- Lower your standards, there are thousands of jobs available all over the country if you're willing to get your hands dirty and work for award (which is considerably more than the dole).

- Asking for money from strangers is a sure way to get smart arse responses, you need to learn to deal with them better if you plan on persisting to ask for hand outs.

I look forward to your well thought out reply, or more ranting about how I'm negative and don't understand, I could use a laugh.

Business plan

Research.

No way on gods earth is anyone going to give you money untill

A. You know what you are doing
B. You know how to do it
C. Those that give you money know that they will get a return.

So many empty dreams in brewing...so many....

What state are you in?
I have some gardening that needs doing and the X5 needs a wash...

Welcome to the forum, maybe in part some of your knowledge around the place.

There's always bar work available. And it's beer related.

brewboybrad said:
I am not having any luck with gaining employment so while failing to gain employment I am
- Volunteering in a brewery
- Looking to volunteer in other breweries
- Trying gain as much skills possible through home brewing but need equipment
- With home brews enter home brew comps and also gain the approval of my local home brew supply store
- Gather references from the breweries volunteered at along with home brew comp/store references
- Apply for paid work (if I haven't already got any) / apply for the Graduate Certificate in Brewing and Malting through Uni. of Ballarat.
Not sure where your goal of $1,000 is going to land you if you can get your feet off the ground. The text books for the uni course will exceed that amount. The rest of the course is another matter and costs heaps.

It'll probably take a few years of voluntary work in a brewery to get you on the course. In the meantime, if they're getting labour for love, they might cough up for free use of a pilot system and ingredients at cost?

Otherwise, you don't need much in the way of $ to do a stovetop BIAB in small batches with secondhand pots from an OP shop.

References are generally free.

My advice would be talk to a scrap metal dealer about old copper coils for a chiller, hunt the op shops for pots spoons and fermenters. Then brew only what you can afford when you can afford it.

Good luck. A man without a dream is a sad vacant space.

Bridges said:
Plenty of people on this forum dream of being professional brewers or running their own brewery, some have even acheived it. Maybe you should just be appealling to those people, not for money but for a chat to them about how they reached their goals.
Good luck with it, I worked a job I hated for 3 years until I changed career, it let me put a deposit on my house and gave me the security to persue something else.

brewboybrad said:
I came here on the advice of well established brewers..saying I should post my http://www.gofundme.com/d7gh7g
They said there are some lovely people and there are a bunch of rude ones too.. Seems to be true.

This is not just a dream, this is my life.
I'm not sure how you thought my post was rude, I'm sorry I tried.

"We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort."
Jesse Owens

There is plenty of work out there. Stop trying to get employment in your favourite field NOW and apply for a job that will give you income to eventually get to the job you want. Expecting others to financially help you to get there quicker is a crock of shit.

I want my own house. Should I start a kick starter coz I don't want the initial money outlay that will hurt me financially?

There is work out there for people who generally want it.

Try working for 25yrs, ..layed off .dole..then looking for work..

If you have to heard stray cats for a job, then that is what you have to.

Luckly for me I no longer have to heard stray cats..

But tech Support ......kinda the same

As many have said so far get a job doing what ever you can.

When you do find paid employment and provide some evidence your on you way to contributing to this country this copper false bottom's yours.

One still has to wonder for a man so hard up you still have internet.... Can't be al that bad.

Alll the best in your search mate, I'll post this at my expense as well when you come though.

Nick.

IMAG1144.jpg

Plenty of bars in manly you could be picking up glasses in of a night time. We've all had shit jobs at some point in our lives, bite the bullet and deal with it. I used to unpack shipping containers for 10hours a day, do you think i enjoyed that in the middle of summer? No, but i still got up every morning to do it cause i needed to pay rent and buy food.

Volunteer during the day and work of a night. Asking strangers for their hard earned money to see out your dreams is never going to get positive responses, especially when your openly say you are unemployed. If it was that easy every punter on this forum would be doing it

brewboybrad said:
It's called Crowd Funding, look it up! I don't want donations so I can drink...I want contributions to help my career path....and there is beer in it for those that contribute...so I can't see how I'm just asking for something for nothing..
I've spent $100,000 on following my career path and getting the required training etc and not once asked for anyone to donate money to the Dane charity...

Hey Mate, welcome to the forums.

You'll find this a fairly friendly place once you've had time to settle in. A couple words of advice though:

1. Don't take anything people say too much to heart, the people here generally speak their mind so you'll need a bit of a thick skin on occasion and just let some comments slide.

2. There's about a million or so in-jokes floating around here, so be aware that you're not always going to immediately understand them... it takes years of trawling through some of the more obscure feeds to pick up even a couple of the older ones.

3. Don't buy a WilliamsWarn, they're expensive and people will give you shit for eternity (also refer to point 2 on this one).

Here's a couple threads you'll probably want to check out:

Bulk Buys - http://aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/33-bulk-buys/
Sometimes people run BBs on equipment and you can save a bundle on these if you get in on them... you may want to read through a couple to get the gist of how they operate before jumping in though, but generally the original post will give you a run down of the rules.

The eBay Thread - http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/67524-ebay-v5/
People post up hot items they find on eBay they don't want to buy whilst the rest of us hope the item we're trying to buy never turns up on this thread

The Buy&Sell Thread - http://aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/8-buy-and-sell/
Wanted to Sell & Wanted to Buy items appear here

bradsbrew said:
Probably not a good idea to offer beer as the return for money donated. I am not across the relevant laws but I would assume you would need a liquor license to give alcohol in return for money in any form it is received. Probably something you need to research.

Cheers
With regards to the offering of beer, I've got a feeling that BradsBrew is right and you'll likely get yourself into trouble...

goomboogo said:
Brad, you mention you've been brewing at home. What method of brewing (grain or extract) have you doing at home and what equipment do you currently own. There may be some equipment around that is surplus to requirements. It may help get you rolling on the brewing front.
+1 give us a rundown on where you're currently at and what you're looking to do, may be that someone here can give you advice on how to get there cheaper/easier/faster.

elcarter said:
As many have said so far get a job doing what ever you can.

When you do find paid employment and provide some evidence your on you way to contributing to this country this copper false bottom's yours.

One still has to wonder for a man so hard up you still have internet.... Can't be al that bad.

Alll the best in your search mate, I'll post this at my expense as well when you come though.

Nick.

That's a solid offer Nick, I'm pretty sure I've got a gas regulator kicking around from an upgrade done last year to aid the cause, money being on the tight end of things at the moment while I wait for the old tax return to come back.

I've known Brad for just over a year and a half through Facebook groups and the whatnot. He's always been a decent guy who loves beer and is really keen to move his focus in that direction. He's just seems to be having a bit of a shit time at the moment. In all honesty I think he's having a solid crack at this and it won't be long before he picks up a paying job, be it at one of the breweries sweeping the floor or behind a bar somewhere.

I wish you all the best Brad, hopefully you get to where you need to be quickly mate.

HBHB said:
Not sure where your goal of $1,000 is going to land you if you can get your feet off the ground. The text books for the uni course will exceed that amount. The rest of the course is another matter and costs heaps.

It'll probably take a few years of voluntary work in a brewery to get you on the course. In the meantime, if they're getting labour for love, they might cough up for free use of a pilot system and ingredients at cost?

Otherwise, you don't need much in the way of $ to do a stovetop BIAB in small batches with secondhand pots from an OP shop.

References are generally free.

My advice would be talk to a scrap metal dealer about old copper coils for a chiller, hunt the op shops for pots spoons and fermenters. Then brew only what you can afford when you can afford it.

Good luck. A man without a dream is a sad vacant space.
Some seriously good advice HBHB

danestead said:
I've spent $100,000 on following my career path and getting the required training etc and not once asked for anyone to donate money to the Dane charity...
Hey! No queue jumping. Add your name to the list.

1. brewboybrad
2. Rob.P
3. Camo6
4. danestead

Done.

Like some have said, u need to stop volunteering, it doesn't pay bills. Go flip burger patties or delivering pamphlets. If you are living off $70 a fortnight, spending time on AHB on your home internet or smartphone is probably not on the top of your priority list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back