Ballarat Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently I'm the MALE looking to join the BIMBOs :lol:
Well I think we're all screwed then :blink: :lol:

I'd be happy to host a brewery tour/tasting for a get together.

Cheers, Andrew.

Wait for me!! wait for me!!

Nah, its great there is so much interest. Given its that time of the year (almost) again I'd suggest middle of January to give people some time to spread the word and chalk it in the diary. Maybe not so much a beer swap as a meet'n'greet or as Millet suggests a tour/tasting. That time of the year should be good for me but there might be enough interest for something before christmas.

How does a sunday in January sound? I'm assuming weekdays are no good for work and saturday might clash with sport / work. Or maybe an after hours thing on a fri night?
Put up your preferences so we can begin the negotiations! ;)

Cheers

Chris

Forgot to mention the other choice meeting place would be The Bended Elbow with Speckled Hen, Chevalier Saison, Hoegaarden Wit and Grimbergen Dubbel amongst their 20+ beers on tap (not forgetting Wasabi's Ballarat Gold!!!).

Anytime would suit me as we willl be flat out until about March or so pushing beer out the door. Wednesday evenings are good for me but Friday night or Sunday could work too.

Cheers, Andrew.

I'm from ballarat, but living in melbourne while studying.
Should be spending some time in school hols up there tho so some of you guys will have to teach me the tricks of the trade.

Aiming for January will give us some time to get Roger on board and promote the idea a bit.

Wednesday nights work well for me also Andrew, some Fridays are ok, as are some weekend nights (with plenty of notice so I can get to the calendar before my wife does)

Are any of you Ballarat guys planning to go to the Homebrew Conference (Andrew and I are). We might be able to catch up there and say hi?

B.

where is kevnlis from Ballarat while all this is going on anyway?

staggalee.

Any time is generally ok for myself, except perhaps Wednesday nights during School term.
Like the idea of a brewery tour.

Seems like this needs to be a Western Vic Brew Club !

Hey Guy's,

All sounds great to me! I'll be in on whatever is decided.

Long live BIMBO!

Stuart

Seems like this needs to be a Western Vic Brew Club !

Now there's an idea....

Maybe start small and grow from there. Besides, BIMBO is such a great name, are you happy for it to be used?

Cheers

Chris

where is kevnlis from Ballarat while all this is going on anyway?

He's working hard on the last of his assignments for the year, but he said he would be keen to get involved.

He's off to the states over summer but should be back in January.

Anytime school holidays is good by me!! (provided I have at least a weeks notice ... browny points thing)
A brewry tour in Ballarat or Warnambool both sound good and equally as close for me.

Now there's an idea....

Maybe start small and grow from there. Besides, BIMBO is such a great name, are you happy for it to be used?

Cheers

Chris

Depends on the club, if it was going to be official, and have some standing in the community then BIMBO isn't the best name, but otherwise I'm sure the four current BIMBO members would not mind :icon_cheers:

Depends on the club, if it was going to be official, and have some standing in the community then BIMBO isn't the best name, but otherwise I'm sure the four current BIMBO members would not mind :icon_cheers:

Good to hear. As for 'officialness', that can be up to someone else with far more time on their hands than me, as it aint my cup of tea. In all the 'clubs' I've been a part of, the best ones have been the casual, laid back groups. Bring in officers and positions of power and suddenly it isn't so fun any more. Hell I'd take pride in calling myself a ballarat bimbo!!
Cheers
Chris

Ok, digging this one up again fellas,

Been in contact with Andrew (a.k.a Millet Man) who has kindly offered the 'use' of O'brien brewery for a get together of like-minded ahb'ers from the Ballarat area. Rather than set a date, lets get an idea of numbers 1st and work out a date later.

Thought this would be a good chance to meet-up, swap usernames ^_^ , and put forward ideas for the next get together, all the while being surrounded by lots of stainless steel :lol:.
I'm happy to organise this one out with Andrew but don't want to be responsible for every get together so I'm hoping others will have some get-together suggestions they'd be happy to host/organise

So put up if you are interested and what day/time would suit best and we'll go from there:

Wakkatoo - any weeknight after 6pm or all weekend

I would like to come to one of these brewer meet ups. I'm only a K+Ker atm but collecting bits to build a brew system. week nights don't suit me unless I have a night off (night shift ) weekends would be great. This is of course if new AHB member are welcome.

I would like to come to one of these brewer meet ups. I'm only a K+Ker atm but collecting bits to build a brew system. week nights don't suit me unless I have a night off (night shift ) weekends would be great. This is of course if new AHB member are welcome.

Absolutely! The more the merrier. In fact, I'm in a very similar position to you..

Cheers

So put up if you are interested and what day/time would suit best and we'll go from there:

Wakkatoo - any weeknight after 6pm or all weekend

Beer awards is upon me so life is going to be unpredictable, but for the moment weekends are a safe bet for me, as long as I get a bit of notice.

Back