Back When You Were An Ahb Noob....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_HOME_BREW_WALLACE_

Professional Drunken Yahoo!
Reaction score
I'm not taking the piss on the noobs here. I promise.

Has anyone just searched for thier very first posts? or do they feel embarrassed when they even think about it?

I have been rolling my eyes most of the morning reading some of my first posts...... :rolleyes:

Is it ok to brew a lager at 25deg?, There is foam on my fermenting beer... Is this an infection?, How do u make clear beer?( the last one was one of mine)

Give it a go, it might be worth a laugh! :lol:

I'm not taking the piss on the noobs here. I promise.

Has anyone just searched for thier very first posts? or do they feel embarrassed when they even think about it?

I have been rolling my eyes most of the morning reading some of my first posts...... :rolleyes:

Is it ok to brew a lager at 25deg?, There is foam on my fermenting beer... Is this an infection?, How do u make clear beer?( the last one was one of mine)

Give it a go, it might be worth a laugh! :lol:

What are you talking about you still are a noob ;)

-BD

I'm still a Noob!
This is funny, I read some of my first posts just last night. One of them was telling everyone about this guy on Ebay called Hopswest...another was pointing people to this awesome site called 'How To Brew". It seems that I hadn't discovered anything magically concealed in the interwebs :ph34r:

I'm completely embarrassed - not so much by being a noob or lack of knowledge, but in the over-enthusiastic way I wanted to contribute and interact and become part of the community. Alot of it was/is fuelled by alcohol and a complete misunderstanding of how different people use this forum and this medium to interact with each other. I'd say up to this current post that %60 of my posts make me come across as a bigger f*cking idiot than I really am and the other %40 are a pretty accurate portrait (of the f*cking idiot I actually am) haha.

Funnily enough when I first actually joined and started posting there was some political sort of stuff going on and I see that it seems to re-occur about every 3 or so months.

Plus there was the introduction of prizes/giveaways which saw a huge spike in official numbers.

Still, I've learnt a hell of a lot and am appreciative of the resource and the information that I've had access to.

Plus there was the introduction of prizes/giveaways which saw a huge spike in official numbers.
Did it? I thought it just brought back some existing members/tight-arses for a very brief period?

Did it? I thought it just brought back some existing members/tight-arses for a very brief period?

Yea you may well be right, but the membership seemed to hover in the 16,000's for a fair while when I first officially came out of lurkerdom and then shot up to the 19,000s fairly promptly when there was a chance of a book. Meh, that's just my hazy recollection, first principles and all that, I might actually just be a butterfly dreaming I'm a human.

Nah, you've got some rough numbers and I'm happy to accept that. Sorry. I was just working on the idea that I received a bulk email about the comps and presumed that brought in all the people who joined up to ask one question or are too good at brewing to bother sharing any information here any more.

Back