Babbs Systems Wars For The Qld Homebrewing Conference

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get very annoyed when people (you) bring up things (Ross' QABC entries) in threads that have no relevance.... This is a thread for the BABBs System Wars day on Saturday. Why don't you make the trip over and come along. I'm sure there's a few of us that would like to say 'hello' in person....

Hi Nick,
I feel confident in stating that if I were to attend the BABB's society as a homebrewer then I would fit in very well and as someone as exceptional knowledge on the subject.

I also accept that "someone" might feel SO aggressive to feel SO negative about an internet poster.

Its just about brewing for me mate :icon_chickcheers:

cheers

the_new_darren

Good for you then! I'm just annoyed at the constant derailing of threads that you seem to make a habit regardless of which username you use...

Cheers

As it's only a few days till the event, we decided that we would like to keep the thread bumped to gain maximum publicity - glad to have Darren on board doing that for us.

Now what's your opinion of the family court?

I get the distinct feeling I should be putting this arsehat on my ignore list, along with speedie and a few other wastes of oxygen. :ph34r:

Back to the topic at hand....

Gearing up for another practice run on the Braumeister today.....

I heard BribieG was ironing his pillow slip and has painted lightning bolts onto his urn.......
There's also a rumour that he and has installed S/S spinning spokes on his urn to disable other competitors rigs :unsure:

He really wants to win!!

Can't wait till Saturday.

Bring on the big System Wars Brewday :icon_cheers:

PB

I'll be there as Brads ernstwhile assistant :icon_cheers:
Go the vessels three!
(I'll try and put BribieG off by dropping lager bombs while he mashs in)

Seeing as I won't make it to today's Brisbane pub crawl, I'm aiming to get to this event instead! :icon_cheers:
Better help Bribie keep the pecker up- seeing as he has such a clear and obvious advantage, other competitors are tending towards sabotage! :D

I'd like to apologise in advance for

My behaviour on the day
My not so pretty brewrig
Drinking so many of Ross' beers
My many bad, bad odours
My poor technique
Embaressing 3V brewers
Making the superior beer :icon_chickcheers: .

Looking forward to the day, I may have a few beers to sample on the day as well.

Cheers

Not being able to spell. :p

If you had a stove there, I'd be able to bring down my two big w pots and knock out a batch, make it a 5 ways system wars!

If Crown Urn BIAB from Bribie is considered a poor man's Braumeister (which is considered a poor man's 3V), then surely 2 big w pots (one $19, one $12 on special) BIAB is surely a poor man's crown urn BIAB.

This looks rocking.

Goomba

Pity there's not a HERMES and RIMS system in the fray - with energy meters and water usage monitered on all rigs. But thats complicated and probably only of interest to sad buggers like me.

Now there's an idea, I might bring the other urn as well and do a second batch just for myself using Ross's power :eek: :

Edit: and bring my two over the side heaters, a couple of buckets and a spare doonah and do a third batch just for myself.

And ferment them at Bacchus using their cold rooms

And bring all my lagering beers and sit them in his zero degree room for a month

and.......

B)

Not entirely a bad idea... i'm sure the guys would be willing to expand the system wars to include a Maxi-BIAB . Tends to be the starting point for alot of new brewers these days (as well as knocking out award winning beers).

Just need a portable heat source, like one of Bribie's pot heaters or a camp stove, your BigW pot, bag and a kitchen kettle.

I'd do it if i could spare the time (which is severely limited these days)

Not entirely a bad idea... i'm sure the guys would be willing to expand the system wars to include a Maxi-BIAB . Tends to be the starting point for alot of new brewers these days (as well as knocking out award winning beers).

Just need a portable heat source, like one of Bribie's pot heaters or a camp stove, your BigW pot, bag and a kitchen kettle.

I'd do it if i could spare the time (which is severely limited these days)

If it were next weekend, then I'd have a better chance of getting my permission slip.

I have a butane cooker - another one of those, and we'd be set, though my home stove is far quicker.

Goomba

Braumeister is a RIMS Winkle........Chappo should bring his HERMS and we'd have a full set.

Yeah (if a single vessel one), I was thinking of a certian Sabco unit though ;)

Latest posts

Back