Babbs Systems Wars For The Qld Homebrewing Conference

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bumpo

Only 4 more sleeps

Anyone interested in coming along to Bacchus brewing at Christine Place Capalaba from around 10 am on Saturday get your skateboard out and come for a look see.
If you are looking to start full-mash brewing and not sure about what system, then here's your chance to see the alternatives on display in a real world situation.

Bacchus_location.JPG

Now of course BIAB is the way to go and as well as handing out fact sheets I'll have a few litres of samples of three styles made using BIAB

• Lager Lout - a pale Euro lager definitely nothing to do with the Reinheitsgebot
  • Pint o yer best, Landlord - full fruity UK special bitter made on floor malted malt
  • Golden Squire's Fat Creatures - says it all
On tasting these BIAB masterpieces of course you will be keen to get the recipe sheets on sale for $2 each, proceeds to Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBs)

:icon_chickcheers:

I'd like to apologise in advance for

My behaviour on the day
My not so pretty brewrig
Drinking so many of Ross' beers
My many bad, bad odours
My poor technique
Embaressing 3V brewers
Making the superior beer :icon_chickcheers: .

Looking forward to the day, I may have a few beers to sample on the day as well.

Cheers

Bumpo
Now of course BIAB is the way to go
Let the competition begin buddy...

Just a teaser for a test brew I ran through the BM on Sunday.....

IMG_3328__Large_.jpg IMG_3327__Large_.jpg

IMG_3330__Large_.jpg IMG_3332__Large_.jpg

IMG_3339__Large_.jpg IMG_3346__Large_.jpg

Brewing again tomorrow to iron out the process a bit more :rolleyes:

See you all on Saturday at Bacchus/Craftbrewer.....

PB :icon_chickcheers:

Attachments

• IMG_3351__Large_.jpg
    IMG_3351__Large_.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 40
Come on Dave practising is cheating mate. I will be flying by the seat of my pants, just like every brewday.

Cheers

System?
Call that a system?
That ain't no system
This is a system

PHOTO4DOUGHINSTIRRER.jpg

Aplogies for the hazy disgusting sub-beer that it produces :unsure:
I hang my unworthy head in shame

yorkshireredLarge.jpg

OMG! I so want one of those, but do I forsake Bathurst on the Saturday?? Hmmmmmm............ Decisions........

I'd so be there if I didn't need such a complicated apparatus, that can both make beer and do a roast lamb with new potatoes, pumpkin and parsnips ... at the same time.

You guys should splash out. Ze Germans make them - called a Stovemeister.

Should make a brief appearance to 'give advice'.... Will bring a couple of samples along too (from a Proper 3v HERMs System - tragically NOT represented in the System Wars......). Probably stick around for about an hour or so.

Cheers!

Come on Dave practising is cheating mate. I will be flying by the seat of my pants, just like every brewday.

Cheers
Thought I better at least brew on the thing once before the big day..need to do it justice.

Have learned a few things already....BM Brewday No.2 tomorrow!!

PB :icon_cheers:

Will there be video for those of us on the other side of the country?

Will there be video for those of us on the other side of the country?
Not unless someone turns up with a video camera...

I'll be collating all the information, photos and short videos clips to present a session at the QLD Homebrewing Conference in November on all the systems details, pros and cons and brewer knowledge etc...

After that, am happy to share with the homebrewing community :icon_cheers:

I'll definitely take some blackmail photos and post them :rolleyes:

On behalf of BABBs (unofficially - but mostly from myself), keep your cynical bullshit to yourself Darren.

+1 Michael!

prz004.gif

Hey Nick, would be great to see you there. Drink my Lager Lout beer and let's go out and bash some parking inspectors :icon_chickcheers:

Hey, admit it, you love to abuse me for stating the bleating obvious.

BIAB's March on. 8)

cheers

the_new_darren

I get very annoyed when people (you) bring up things (Ross' QABC entries) in threads that have no relevance.... This is a thread for the BABBs System Wars day on Saturday. Why don't you make the trip over and come along. I'm sure there's a few of us that would like to say 'hello' in person....

Latest posts

Back