Babbs Systems Wars For The Qld Homebrewing Conference

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got home and measured my "strike liquor" mark on the urn sight tube and bugger - I'd actually set everything up for a 24L batch with the supplied ingredients and indeedy I got 24L with an og of 1043 - which according to BrewMate gave me an eff of 75%.
However it will be interesting to see how it goes at the tasting day. Could probably have done with a 90 min boil but stable door/ horse

Note to self: mark off a properly calibrated sight tube instead of "yeah that looks the mark" :rolleyes:

Great time, and it was held at the right location as I had not packed my bag in the gear :eek: but bought a newie from Ross. Good to see so many new brewers popping in for a look-see

Buying a false bottom, a lauter tun/bucket and forgetting the bag.... Hmmm. I see what's happening here. :ph34r:

How can I forget the bag? I've now got 4 of the buggers - I'll need to get two more urns and do quadruple batches. Or take up a lot of cheese making.

LOL, plus eleventy billion.

Tim, I still want to check out that (not so) ghetto system of yours. Are you going to the case swap?
Nah but I put my name down for the insanely over the top swap!

just got home after a brilliant day doing the system wars. Liam and I headed into Archive for our first visit. What a great bar, we were blown away then off to The End bar and back to Archive, we could not believe how many beers they had that we've not tried. Did our best to tryu as many as possible. Looking forward to the conference now to see who's cusine will reign supreme!

Guys,

Got the videos of the Babbs System Wars up on youtube.

Just search for 'Babbs System Wars' and they should all pop up.

Was a fun day.

Ghetto guys - cube lid screwed on in under 3 hrs.....from Mash In. Now that is fast.....
PB

Hmm is that abnormal?

Takes me about that long with my Urn BIAB system. Assuming you mean from time adding the grain.

0 minute - Add grain
5 minute - Finished mixing, added lagging, official start of mesh timer
1h 5 minute - End mash, hoist bag
1 h 30 minute - Begin boil
2 h 30 minute - End boil
2 h 50 minute - Transfer to cube
2 h 55 minute - All done (other than cleaning)

since when did heating strike and cleaning not become part of a brewday ? :icon_cheers:

Good work Dan. Did you have to include the part where i had forgot to plug in the power and was wondering why the pump wasn't working :D

I've had a shave and haircut to avoid being stopped in the street and stuff ;)

Boargy I've been called worse :icon_cheers:

Cheers

What a great day, I had heaps of fun brewing with Browndog and then a night out on the town which will be hard to top.

Such a smooth brew day on the ghetto system I'm thinking of doing it more often. We'll have to wait for the taste testing for the real consensus but for anyone looking to start out with AG, this is the way to go. Cheap and easy, just like I take my women :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers,

TS

Latest posts

Back