Babbs Mash Paddle Beer "chocolate Winter Warmer"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked the rules Section 59, sub section (14) paragraph (j) reads "entries are not permitted from members who live outside of the Brisbane Council boundaries or have a AHB handle that is named after an island".

If you require further clarification in respect to the rules please wait 1 week until I have finished writing them.

Cheers

Paul

Hi, it's FortitudeValleyG here, formerly BribieG :ph34r:

Hi, it's FortitudeValleyG here, formerly BribieG :ph34r:

Hey Bribie I just noticed what the cat in your avatar is preventing the hand from doing.............guess the misses is right I really dont pay attention :unsure: . People just dont check other peoples and their own details enough do they :ph34r:

Edit= dont worry I was just goating chap chap :lol:

I must say I'm impressed with Wyeast 9093 - Imperial Blend, it has ripped through a 1.087 RIS down to 1.020 in 6 days :eek: . At 20 C! Now to give it a few days to clean itself and cold condition for a month or two.

Chap chap and Sully gave me a bottle of Samuel Smiths Yorkshire Brown Ale a couple of months ago and 4* sent me his famous hazelnut brown. I can feel something bubbling to the surface here, if I can stop SWMBO scoffing the Lindt every time I bring it home :unsure:

I've got some 1469 in training mode itching to go :icon_cheers:

I need to start thinking about this...... :rolleyes: ....and soon!

Mothballs and I were brainstorming the other night.

Maybe a:

Imperial Triple, white chocolate, cappuccino, chocolate topping infused, Swiss Toblerone ESB

PB

Some further ideas for you all:

-Choc Ice Bock (Eisbock)
-White Xmas in July (Imperial white choc and coconut Wit)
-Choc fondue Dunkel
-Milk Choc Stout
-Belgian Dubbel Choc
-Choc Fruit & Nut Roggenbier
-Coco by the fire (Choc Rauchbier)
-Choc chip cookie ESB

and so on...............

I've left my planned contenders off the list but I'm just adding chocolate to everything I brew at the moment to see what it turns out like. :chug:

At last July's case swap, Reviled from NZ came over and had a very noice dark beer with a port wine twang from a bottle of Penfolds Club poured in towards the end of fermentation. I'm thinking of doing that myself for a Christmas puddingey sort of flavour :party:

Choc hazelnut thingy in primary right now. Surprised that the cocoa butter from the chocolate hasn't killed the krausen. frothing away as ever. :icon_cheers:

Some further ideas for you all:

-Choc Ice Bock (Eisbock)
-White Xmas in July (Imperial white choc and coconut Wit)
-Choc fondue Dunkel
-Milk Choc Stout
-Belgian Dubbel Tripel Choc
-Choc Fruit & Nut Roggenbier
-Coco by the fire (Choc Rauchbier)
-Choc chip cookie ESB

and so on...............

I've left my planned contenders off the list but I'm just adding chocolate to everything I brew at the moment to see what it turns out like. :chug:

You almost picked mine Liam :D Added the first boiled sugar and 85% Cocoa chocolate to my effort this afternoon, went and checked it just now and I can hear it fermenting.........awesome.

Cheers

if you guys don't post recipes and mash schedules when all is said and done manticle will cry.

I need to start thinking about this...... :rolleyes: ....and soon!

Mothballs and I were brainstorming the other night.

Maybe a:

Imperial Triple, white chocolate, cappuccino, chocolate topping infused, Swiss Toblerone ESB

PB

Interesting....

I just brewed my winter warmer yesterday, to give it time to mature before its judged. I ended up putting 400g dark chocolate in the mash. With the 9.5kg of grain, it gummed up and sparging took a long time. Then, at the end of the boil, about 5 mins into chilling, I added 2 large Toblerones to the kettle. the chocolate melted, but the honeycomb didn't. Made a complete mess of my kettle. Milk fat and oils all over it. When I transferred to the fermenter it was totally gross with a big chocolatey oily film on top and a few floaties as well. the FG came out at 1.095, so it's gonna be a biggie! I'm planning on aging it on vanilla beans in secondary with some bourbon thrown in for good measure....

Cheers - Snow.

Interesting....

I just brewed my winter warmer yesterday, to give it time to mature before its judged. I ended up putting 400g dark chocolate in the mash. With the 9.5kg of grain, it gummed up and sparging took a long time. Then, at the end of the boil, about 5 mins into chilling, I added 2 large Toblerones to the kettle. the chocolate melted, but the honeycomb didn't. Made a complete mess of my kettle. Milk fat and oils all over it. When I transferred to the fermenter it was totally gross with a big chocolatey oily film on top and a few floaties as well. the FG came out at 1.095, so it's gonna be a biggie! I'm planning on aging it on vanilla beans in secondary with some bourbon thrown in for good measure....

Cheers - Snow.
Snow, I so hope you win man,

I wanna see Eagle Heights throw 45 large Toblerones in the kettle :lol:

PB

And a bottle or two of bourbon :chug:

Snow, I so hope you win man,

I wanna see Eagle Heights throw 45 large Toblerones in the kettle :lol:

PB

Hang on is this going to be brewed by Eagle Heights or Mount Tamborine?

Whatever, if mine wins:

Beep beep beep beep - Penfolds Club Port tanker reversing into goods-in bay :icon_cheers:

Back