Babbs Mash Paddle Beer "chocolate Winter Warmer"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugger ! Just put together my secret Black Ninja ( no one can see me coming) recipe. Some one has pre-empted the line I was taking already. Not the same but close. Start again. Oh well :(

{Pedantic musings. - I have a few questions:
How much of the judging would be the "Chocolate" flavour part? Chocolate grain part? How much would be the" Winter warmer" part and when they say "chocolate" I wonder would White chocolate as adjunct count? Considering commercial size batch to come and some advantage to make a light coloured choc..}

Talk about messin with your head space, sheeeesh.
Daz

To my mind white chocolate carries a lot of vanilla. So rather than white chocolate maybe think vanillins.

Trying to pick how much chocolate would be acceptable for a Belgian Wit made with White Chocolate ;)

Ahh... yes, but does this put you out of the winter warmer criteria? mmmm ?
Daz

Trying to pick how much chocolate would be acceptable for a Belgian Wit made with White Chocolate ;)

It'd be a pretty strong wit, hmmm, maybe go down the Karmalite triple path a few steps.
Thought worthy......

If you think back to our mini-bulk-buy on Sodium Percarbonate, I went down to Sully's to pick mine up. Fourstar had sent me a bottle of mystery ale for evaluation so we cracked it and tasted it in the Sully Brauhaus as pictured:

dunkel__Medium_.jpg

We moaned and groaned, and Mrs Sully even came out to see what the noise was about. Chocolate chocolate and more chocolate. Bloody lovely. So I pm'd 4* with our evaluation and he said that there was no chocolate whatsoever, it was hazelnut :eek: and that hazelnut is very often mistaken for chocolate. Now I believe :)

Choc hazelnut it is :beerbang:

Choc hazelnut it is :beerbang:

DAMN YOU TO HELL SATAN! May you burn your pillow cases!!! :eek: :angry:

Been chatting with Fourstar this afternoon and had settled on his Choc Hazelnut recipe as the real contender! So I guess it will have to be a HERMies vs BIABer show down then hey Bribie? Mash Tuns and high noon! *cue western music*

duel.jpg

Been chatting with Fourstar this afternoon and had settled on his Choc Hazelnut recipe as the real contender! So I guess it will have to be a HERMies vs BIABer show down then hey Bribie? Mash Tuns and high noon! *cue western music*

duel.jpg

Bahahahhhha :lol: I'm not alone being beaten to the punch. Best start again hey Chap! Hahahah For some reason I see those old adds with the Milky Bar Kid.
Daz

Just goes to show great minds think alike I reckon Daz.

But I am still gunna wipe the brewery floor with Bribies arse! :)

Well I am planning to post my recipes up here for all to see. I'm not that precious and I hope that encourages others in the club to have a stab this year.

I mightn't be a member (yet) but I've been giving this some thought and just keeps getting more complex.

So I decided instead to turn my attention to the label for the big barrel brew that was mentioned (that has no name). Got a sketch already. I'll still give the chocolate theme a go.

Just goes to show great minds think alike I reckon Daz.

But I am still gunna wipe the brewery floor with Bribies arse! :)

Well I am planning to post my recipes up here for all to see. I'm not that precious and I hope that encourages others in the club to have a stab this year.

Best not bring Bribie's arse into this but good on you for spreading the news brother.
I think my best chance is the stealth approach. With something a little different.
Trying to compete against a guy who can mow the lawn, asleep, at night, with a full beer, is a daunting prospect. ( and hes into it already, the so & so)
Just getting Babbs minicomp brews in the fermenter is hard enough. Adding in case swaps and everyday quaffers, now mash paddle. However, I shall do my best and take my penance if I should have to drink the lot.
Daz

Ahhhh man this sounds like a fun challenge :(

I might try just for my own benifit :) Ive never brewed a beer with chocolate

i have a couple ideas :)

have fun folks!

Trying to compete against a guy who can mow the lawn, asleep, at night, with a full beer, is a daunting prospect. ( and hes into it already, the so & so)

You missed out the bit about not spilling a drop! Not to mention his new fangled, fancy-pants brew system. :(
However a few milds have provided me with an solid idea/concept - now to start playing with the numbers :blink:

That's more like it Winkle!

Pffft! The Lawn Mower man isn't any competition Daz. We all know who the real competition is B) :lol:

Man I would have thought Bribie would have had a bite at me by now? :(

duel.jpg

Eat chocolate every night before going to sleep. Drool all over pillowcase. Repeat for ten days. Use pillowcase for BIAP . In the bag :D

Edit did I type 'bag' ?? :blink:

Well overnight I have decided on my two entries:
  1. Choco-Latte-Bock (Copyright 2010 Adamt :lol: )
  2. Choco-Hazelnut-Brown Ale (Based on FourStar's Hazelnut Brown)
Planning for the Bock to be the out there beer and the Hazelnut Brown to be the contender. Now to work on the adjuncts for both beers... B)

Back