Babbs Mash Paddle Beer "chocolate Winter Warmer"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well overnight I have decided on my two entries:
  1. Choco-Latte-Bock (Copyright 2010 Adamt )
  2. Choco-Hazelnut-Brown Ale (Based on FourStar's Hazelnut Brown)
Planning for the Bock to be the out there beer and the Hazelnut Brown to be the contender. Now to work on the adjuncts for both beers...

Good work Chap Chap now get brewing! :p Remember Chappo, Bribie has the upper hand on you as he has got to taste the fruits of my labour. :icon_drool2:

On a side note, observing my VICBREW scoresheets lastnight, adjusting the hopping like i suggested should help it pickup a few more points and keep it somewhat more in balance. Just for ref it got 97/150 or a 32-33 and the actual style/adjunct in use wasn't relayed to the judges either (so it probabaly lost a few points there). If you can scrape another 5 points per judge from the hop adjustment you are looking at a close to 40, surely a winable score!

Gooooooo CHAPP CHAP! (and bribie :p)

Due in May and will be mini-comp judged then. Eagle Heights will announce their winner by June meeting and the brew day will go down in July. So you'll need 2x bottles at May meeting, one for Ed to judge and one for the rest of us.
FWIW the web site is now updated with the changed schedule for the year.

My new brew actually tastes of chocolate. Proper chocolate! Bitter, Sweet, Vanilla'y, lingering, dryish, finishes with the same powdery mouthfeel as a 80% dark chocolate. I reckon someone else brewed it - come on own up...

Oh god my mouth is just watering reading this thread. Troydo and Brian, bags I don't drive to the May meeting B)

FWIW, I am considering.....
- Russian Imperial Chocoalate Raspberry Stout
- Chocolate Fruitcake Scotch Ale

Question: so if the winter warmer mini comp is being judged in May, does that mean the dark ale mini comp will now be held in July, i.e the comps are swapped?

Cheers - Snow.

Question: so if the winter warmer mini comp is being judged in May, does that mean the dark ale mini comp will now be held in July, i.e the comps are swapped?

Cheers - Snow.

Yes.
Website details have been adjusted accordingly

Guys,
Just spent the day brewing with Ross and his new "flash as a rat with a gold tooth brew" rig. Oh my fookin' good lord we are in trouble! His brew smells just devine. Like a big Easter chocolate hot X bun! :icon_drool2: The smell thru the shop was unbelievable. I'll leave it to the big fella to explain his recipe if he wishes but I know we are in trouble here guys.

Thanks again Rossco very enjoyable day indeed.

Now down to my brews while I have the time.

Chap Chap

Guys,
Just spent the day brewing with Ross and his new "flash as a rat with a gold tooth brew" rig. Oh my fookin' good lord we are in trouble! His brew smells just devine. Like a big Easter chocolate hot X bun! :icon_drool2: The smell thru the shop was unbelievable. I'll leave it to the big fella to explain his recipe if he wishes but I know we are in trouble here guys.

Chap Chap

Ya see! I warned ya! I warned ya!
Daz

I have a question regarding CBs cacao nibs; whats an ideal dosage rate?

Guys,
Just spent the day brewing with Ross and his new "flash as a rat with a gold tooth brew" rig.
Chap Chap

Ok Going to do the Boch-OlateTM tomorrow arvo with Sully.

Chap Chap

Do you guys ever work ,, all this brewing mid week,, love it .. :) ..
Be careful of Sully hes trouble.. ;)
sounds like some good beers though..
cheers

Whoopsie :rolleyes:

Ok Going to do the Boch-OlateTM tomorrow arvo with Sully. Just putting the recipe together now.

Chap Chap

Float a couple of Chokito bars in the kettle during the boil, you might not win but the photos will be memorable :icon_cheers: .

Guys,

Chap Chap

Just checked the rules Section 59, sub section (14) paragraph (j) reads "entries are not permitted from members who live outside of the Brisbane Council boundaries or have a AHB handle that is named after an island".

If you require further clarification in respect to the rules please wait 1 week until I have finished writing them.

Cheers

Paul

Just about to start the recipe for tommorows afternoon brew. Decided the first attempt will be.......

Belgian Chocolate Quadruppel...with some secret ingredients.

Just about to start the recipe for tommorows afternoon brew. Decided the first attempt will be.......

Belgian Chocolate Quadruppel...with some secret ingredients.

Curses, I have to wait til the bulk buy before cooking my christmas cake ale secret designer beer.

Ooooooo sounds good Brad. :icon_drool2:

Just checked the rules Section 59, sub section (14) paragraph (j) reads "entries are not permitted from members who live outside of the Brisbane Council boundaries or have a AHB handle that is named after an island".

If you require further clarification in respect to the rules please wait 1 week until I have finished writing them.

Cheers

Paul

Pfffft! I guess our El Presidente better step down then :unsure:

Anyone going to do a white wit?

I had a fleeting romance with a vanilla Wit on real vanilla pods split with a little ginger and corrianda. But wasn't convinced it would satify the "winter warmer" side of the equasion?

I had a fleeting romance with a vanilla Wit on real vanilla pods split with a little ginger and corrianda. But wasn't convinced it would satify the "winter warmer" side of the equasion?

Homemade vanilla panne cotta with a hot raspberry coulis and dark chocolate flakes would warm me up on a cold day. Could be done. Anyway it's given me an idea.

Obviously not a BABBS member so sorry for the intrusion.

Back