Awwww...crap! My Kegs Emptying Itself!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Returned home the other night to find one of my kegs merrily emptying itself onto the bottom of my chest freezer through a leaking poppet. On closer inspection it actually looked like a crack somewhere under the oring and not the poppet at all, but I'm not sure now. I'll play about and find out when I get an empty keg to play with.

Anyway, I just changed the whole post and put in a new poppet and it fixed the problem. But not before a litre or two of my precious ESB had seeped onto the bottom of my freezer. Kind of lucky I found it when I did and that I had a freezer and not a fridge or it may have been the kitchen floor instead.

So just a word of warning to new kegger's out there to check your kegs for leaks when you take off your disconnects and walk away. Yes it could have been worse, I could have had a sprayer or I could have lost ALL my beer (oooo... that would have been a mess indeed, and very sad :( ).

Learnt my lesson and hope not to be caught again. Wasted beer is no laughing matter and should be taken very seriously indeed. :angry:

Cheers, Justin

Lesson 2. keep a long straw handy to suck up the lost brew :p
your right Justin, you were lucky, good for you.

Latest posts

Back