Australian Amateur Brewing Championship

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AABC 2013 announcement of dates! Nice amount of time between NSW and AABC, will enable the lucky few to rebrew.

Also announced 3 new styles, American Amber, American Stout, American Wheat or Rye

http://www.aabc.org.au/

When I check the website none of the state comps are updated with dates. What date is the NSW comp and how did you find it?

state comp is in august and is the castle hill comp. have a look in this thread. it came up 3rd result when i searched comps
What NSW comps are on this year?

this is due to the fact that nether nsw representative has made themselves apparent in 3 years.

Anyone know if you are allowed to have one or two entries per STYLE? (not category)

the rules will be very similar to what they were last year.
but for a definite conformation pm stu and ask

Until now you could have two entries per category in the National comp, but to qualify for "exhibiting" you had to win places in the State comps in that style. But say you were placed in the State Comp with an Aussie lager and a Pale continental lager, you were allowed at the Nats level to completely change track and enter a Dortmunder and a Helles if you wished as they are two styles within the category.

IIRC I once got a placing with a FES in the state and entered a RIS in the Nats. However I would not have been eligible to enter a dry stout instead as that's a different category.

Edit, wish I hadn't read this thread, I had forgotten that American Wheat was a new style - I had my entries already planned. Oh no here we go again, rod for my own back coming up ...... :lol:

the QABC website is down does anyone know when the cutoff date is this year?

thanks..

tcc said:
the QABC website is down does anyone know when the cutoff date is this year?
This year's dates are now up: http://qabc.org.au . The site seems to be a little temperamental, so try refreshing if it doesn't load immediately.

I'm having problems downloading labels and entry form for the AABC. No problem with QABC though.

Anybody else able to do this?

Thanks

manticle said:
You have to win eligibility for aabc - it's not open entry.
OK newbie here re entering comps.

Who fills in the entry form for the AABC as detailed on the QABC site? Do you have to wait until the entries in the state comp are completed and then fill in the form?

Sorry if I've missed something here

Cheers

manticle said:
You have to win eligibility for aabc - it's not open entry.
QABC entrants are being asked to submit a second bottle to this year's comp (with the AABC form) so we can forward on the qualifying entries on their behalf. Saves us a lot of running around after the comp, especially this year with it being so close to the nationals.

TBird said:
I'm having problems downloading labels and entry form for the AABC. No problem with QABC though.

Anybody else able to do this?

Thanks
I've contacted the organisers and they're working on getting the form uploaded. PM me if you are planning on dropping your entries off before it's available.

Cheers,
tallie

You need to place in your state comp first. In vic, the organisers of the comp (vicbrew) then organise and post eligible entries. Not sure if qabc and others follow suit - check with them.

manticle said:
You need to place in your state comp first. In vic, the organisers of the comp (vicbrew) then organise and post eligible entries. Not sure if qabc and others follow suit - check with them.
Wot he said. State qualification first.

tallie said:
QABC entrants are being asked to submit a second bottle to this year's comp (with the AABC form) so we can forward on the qualifying entries on their behalf. Saves us a lot of running around after the comp, especially this year with it being so close to the nationals.
Hmmmm.... 'Sounds to me like some smart fellas up there have worked-out a way of getting a supply of half-decent beers from the "also-rans"... ;) Mind you, storing twice as many bottles than required "just-in-case" sounds like a logistic nightmare from my perspective.

MartinOC said:
Hmmmm.... 'Sounds to me like some smart fellas up there have worked-out a way of getting a supply of half-decent beers from the "also-rans"... ;) Mind you, storing twice as many bottles than required "just-in-case" sounds like a logistic nightmare from my perspective.
Well bugger me, I did not even think of the left overs. Not that I really give a rats, but what happens to all the left overs after judging?

Latest posts

Back