Aus wide Bulk buy Grain mill- Malt Muncher

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McBen said:
I see your concern, the only issue with moving the slit to the opposite edge would be that if you want to invert it to store it away, the hopper may not fit into the bucket. Worst case a weight could always be added to the opposite side. Considering that to turn on the drill you have to pull the trigger, I think the weight could be supported somewhat. I am going to try mine with a piece of 16mm mdf, which is rather sturdy and has plenty of weight to it.
Good point I never thought of that. Think ill get some 16mm mdf as well and give it a go.

Thinking the same bucket Idea, but to get both motor (similar to QldKev) and mill to fit I might have to shorten the mill shaft, not something I really want to do. Anyway will post pics when I come up with a workable solution. Mean while my 2 year old son likes his new toy, just gotta make sure he keeps those fingers out of the hopper, though he can't turn it and reach his hand in there at the same time. Thanks Truman fantastic job!

I did mine today as per the photo posted by McBen. I used 12mm ply and the drill does not tip the board over like I thought it would. Seems to be close enough to the centre to avoid this.

I will post a picture when Ive mounted the mill to the board.

Anyone else get their mills in the post yet??

I had an old computer desk so used a renovator tool to cut out the correct hole in the top and connected the mill, the container underneath catches one hopper full of grain, so I just have to empty the container a couple of times per batch. Works fine, plus works well for weighing out other items and preparing ingredients prior to brewing..

031.jpg

chefeffect said:
I had an old computer desk so used a renovator tool to cut out the correct hole in the top and connected the mill, the container underneath catches one hopper full of grain, so I just have to empty the container a couple of times per batch. Works fine, plus works well for weighing out other items and preparing ingredients prior to brewing..

attachicon.gif
031.jpg
Thats awesome mate...

The pail idea is good but you can't turn the board upside down and fit the hopper into the pail as its too big. DOHHH

I didn't see these updates either until Helles told me about it today.

I will start a new BB as I think we have a fair few still looking for one.

Mine arrive this morning, not bad from Melbourne to Cairns in a few days. Thanks Troy!

Cheers,
Stagwa

Curious to se when Xa-Jg66 gets his all the way up in Karratha.

Stagwa said:
Mine arrive this morning, not bad from Melbourne to Cairns in a few days. Thanks Troy!

Cheers,
Stagwa
Well if you got yours, hopefully mine should be waiting when i get home too :)

Westaussiebrewer said:
Me to as I'm still waiting :)
i checked your tracking number last night and it still says at Post office where I dropped it, but I dont think thats accurate. Probably on its way to Perth. If its not there by Friday I will investigate further.

In my experience it usually takes 10-14 days for a parcel to reach me from the east coast and I am only a couple hundred kays from Perth. Got something sent from QLD a couple weeks ago and it took 14 days by courier. They don't call WA "Wait Awhile" for nothing!

Back