Attaching Burner To Brewstand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clean brewer

Obsessed Home Brewer
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Well, following on from this Topic about the start of my Brewstand, I was doing some configuring this afternoon with the frames and my gear and while I have a burner stand already, I dont think it could last much longer so just wanted to see if some pics could be posted of how your burner is attached to brewstand.... :icon_cheers: I may have to incorporate the Burner into the stand, think Spiral without a frame...

Cheers
CB

CB, here's a picture of my kettle stand.

It's complete overkill, but it was the only steel I had available at the time. (Didn't cost me anything).

As you can see the burner is attached to two of the kettle supports. I use an 80 litre barrel shaped keg on this bad boy.

View attachment 30517

Cheers,

Wally
Looks like it would be good to about 4000Kgs :)

much like wally's but i welded the nasa stand into the frame!

john

brew_stand.jpg

Hey Clean, I have a spiral and the frame is not actually that crash hot (but the burner is the biz). I have thought about making a custom stand with an adjustable distance from the kettle and side reflectors to improve heating eficiency. I am not sure if anyone has this already, but it wouldn't be too hard to build.

This pic shows it. A nasa burner out of the stand mounted to a cross bar. The kettle lowers down to it. I made the clearance the same as the original nasa stand had.

120.jpg

Mate, if you want, load that steel in your trailer and bring it up here. Bring a sketch of what you want and we can make a brew stand just the way you want it in just a few hours....I have built a few now...won't take long at all.

Any day of the week is OK for me. :p

Cheers,
Bud

edit..spelling

I mounted mine on a vertical slide to allow me to adjust the height as needed.

gallery_8012_337_46665.jpg

gallery_8012_337_26488.jpg

Saw this and thought "that is a really good fu#$%n good idea"

I need to change the height of mine. Ill be doing this.

CHeers
Scotsman

Hey Clean, I have a spiral and the frame is not actually that crash hot (but the burner is the biz). I have thought about making a custom stand with an adjustable distance from the kettle and side reflectors to improve heating eficiency. I am not sure if anyone has this already, but it wouldn't be too hard to build.
Hey Bizier, I think Ill be doing that aswell, especially since I use a thinner 80ltr SS Pot, I really like mitchells idea, very easy... ;)

This pic shows it. A nasa burner out of the stand mounted to a cross bar. The kettle lowers down to it. I made the clearance the same as the original nasa stand had.

View attachment 30520

Mate, if you want, load that steel in your trailer and bring it up here. Bring a sketch of what you want and we can make a brew stand just the way you want it in just a few hours....I have built a few now...won't take long at all.

Any day of the week is OK for me.

Cheers,
Bud

edit..spelling

Hey Bud, that sounds like an awesome offer, my F.I.L is a metal worker/toolmaker/engineer and could do it but it would be easier having someone that has made a few stands, I just bought an old trailer and it was stripped down yesterday to fix it up but once its done a trip could be on the cards.. ;)

Im in no massive rush :rolleyes: , as the pics show of the metal, its half there, just have to configure where stuff will go a bit more....

I really like that idea of mounting the burner, easy enough and adjustable... :D

Cheers for your comments/pics guys.... Ill let you know Bud to...

CB

just wanted to see if some pics could be posted of how your burner is attached to brewstand.
CB

I welded my Nasa to the frame. As you can see I cut the legs off and the boiler is mounted 15mm above the Nasa stand because of the extraordinary amount of air/oxygen needed for this burner. The frame is a tad small for a 60L keg so it would need to be modified for a keg.

View attachment 30521 View attachment 30522

:icon_cheers:

This is how I mounted my nasa so that its height is adjustable. The bolts are old engine head bolts.

gallery_1451_525_29893.jpg

gallery_1451_525_31744.jpg

I also made mine with an adjustable height slide...
Its good when starting out to get the right height for your burner...
although once you have it set right you rarely ever move it again..

DSCF2950.JPG
DSCF2953.JPG
DSCF2949.JPG

Unfortunatly i dont have any side on shots... but i'm sure you get the idea..

Sqyre... ;)

Latest posts

Back