Are there any more brewers in the Goulburn Valley, Vic?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VP Brewing

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any home brewers in the goulburn valley..... Would be good to be able to organise a get together every so often for a case swap or a few beers.
I do all grain BIAB with a mate, reardo, a fair bit and like everyone on here we love making and drinking beer....
Thought there must be a few more in the Shepparton area.
The local home brew shop doesn't think there are that many but we figure that most brewers that have graduated from kit beers and have gone to all grain get thier grain direct from Melb like we do.....

Hi longlost,
I'm in the Katandra West/Marionvale area. I do Biab. I just got a pm from Reado and have replied to him. Hopefully there are some other brewers around that chime in. At my work there are a couple of guys who are doing kits but aren't really interested in taking it any further.
Yeah I get all my stuff from out of the area too when I asked at Phillips about 4 years ago about AG they said no one really does that around here and the prices from memory were about $6-7/kg and they didn't seem interested at all in getting some in.

Yea, i'm in Kialla Lakes. Yea it is Phillips. Went in there yesterday to see if they knew of any All Grain brewers and he could only think of 3 in the GV area that he knew of.

I saw the xmas in July case swap thread, and we thought, Longlostbelgian, that doing something similar here around the GV could be good, if there was enough interest.

Anyhow, I'm keen. Just about to keg a Dr Smurtos Golden ale, and about to brew a Krolsch, then get a couple of porters ready for winter.

It's good to know there is at least a couple more out there.
Since there doesn't look like shepp has a brewing club or anything of the like, we might get the ball rolling and start one up.
Nothing serious, even getting together 2 or 3 times a year to share around some of our brews.
If anyone knows more people that would be interested point them in mine or Reardo's direction ( via AHB for now) and hopefully we can get something good happening around here.
White ferret, do you keg, bottle or drink it straight out of the fermenter like Reardo does?
Spiesy would ur old man be interested in that?
Cheers, Paul

longlostbelgian said:
Since there doesn't look like shepp has a brewing club or anything of the like, we might get the ball rolling and start one up.
Nothing serious, even getting together 2 or 3 times a year to share around some of our brews.
If anyone knows more people that would be interested point them in mine or Reardo's direction ( via AHB for now) and hopefully we can get something good happening around here.
White ferret, do you keg, bottle or drink it straight out of the fermenter like Reardo does?
Cheers, Paul
He may be.

If you go down that road, putting a flyer up and/or leaving pamphlets @ Phillo's would be a good idea.

reardo said:
Yea, i'm in Kialla Lakes. Yea it is Phillips. Went in there yesterday to see if they knew of any All Grain brewers and he could only think of 3 in the GV area that he knew of.

I saw the xmas in July case swap thread, and we thought, Longlostbelgian, that doing something similar here around the GV could be good, if there was enough interest.

Anyhow, I'm keen. Just about to keg a Dr Smurtos Golden ale, and about to brew a Krolsch, then get a couple of porters ready for winter.
Its well worth going to the vic case swap if you can get away. Lots of fellow brewers brewing, talking about brewing,tasting others beers and having a good time. Not as worrying as what happens at the interstate ones or so I've heard. :ph34r:

longlostbelgian said:
Cheers, Paul
Sounds good.
I mainly keg with leftovers going into 1.5L grolsch bottles.
And yes i drink out of the fermentor, usually a pint while I'm kegging, hydro samples just aren't big enough for a proper taste. :lol:

Good Stuff!
I'm on my third kegging setup which is a kegerator and use a blichmanns beer gun to fill up stubbies if im going anywhere.
Reardo made a facebook page today, Goulburn Valley Homebrewers, which might make it a bit easier for some people to get in touch with us.
I'm brewing a kolsch this Saturday so i will take some pics and put them on there.

Also there is a beer launch for Dainton Brewery at Noble Monks tomorrow night which might be worth having a look.

Cheers, Paul

longlostbelgian said:
Also there is a beer launch for Dainton Brewery at Noble Monks tomorrow night which might be worth having a look.
Interesting. I'm heading up tonight, but prob won't be there until 8pm.

What time is it running till?

Spiesy said:
Interesting. I'm heading up tonight, but prob won't be there until 8pm.

What time is it running till?
On the Dainton Family Brewery Facebook site, free beer sampling from 7pm to 8pm, or until they run out, but all beer available at the venue all night long

I'd be keen to see what happens re some sort of club.Shepp born and bred but a lttle up the road at the moment.Many years ago a club tried to form in Shepp but there just seemed to be a lack of interest and it faded into the netherworld sadly.Like most/all GV all grainers I've always purchased supplies from Melbourne,Phillips pricing strategy leaves a little to be desired.

toper01 said:
I'd be keen to see what happens re some sort of club.Shepp born and bred but a lttle up the road at the moment.Many years ago a club tried to form in Shepp but there just seemed to be a lack of interest and it faded into the netherworld sadly.Like most/all GV all grainers I've always purchased supplies from Melbourne,Phillips pricing strategy leaves a little to be desired.
Shep bred here. I'll word the old man up about this possible brew club when I see him tonight.

There has been a Facebook page set up for Goulburn Valley Homebrewers so feel free to put up some photos of your beer, brewing beer, your brewery, chook shed or whatever you feel like.
Cheers.

Sticking my hand up as a brewer but i dont think im in your league here as im still a kit brewer more so as have never had the chance to meet someone to help and show me the way

Rowdy Rod

Not a problem mate. I brewed with kits for 5 or 6 years and made a lot of good beers. The jump from kits to AG is not that far, but well worth it. And it costs stuff all to get into it. Are you in shepp?

What sort of beer do you make? Supermarket coopers can and brew enhancer 1 was always a cheap winner for me. I think it was $16 for a batch.

Yeah coopers with the number 2 brew enhancer. Also i do homebrew sprits. Would like to see a AGB setup so can then be able to ask question about it

Latest posts

Back