Are there any more brewers in the Goulburn Valley, Vic?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to call myself a brewer in the Goulburn Valley, but alas, I have only done one brew since moving here, so can't really call myself a brewer here yet. The HERMS is taking a lot longer than I wanted it to :D

Just spending too much time being a darts shark and taking my $5 Darcy?

Bumpedy bump bump

Sooo who's around the area nowadays?

Still here mate. I'm still brewing about once a month or whenever I get some keg room. Reardo hasn't brewed for a few months. Still pretty quiet here though unfortunately.

I'm also usually brewing 1-2 times a month at the moment now. Just picked up some more kegs from Wodonga the other day so will need to get them filled soon.

I'm trying to source bulk honey to get some meads going, but most market retailers are making it difficult to get.

I'm still here haven't done a lot of brews lately, Must do more. Just been to the Vic case swap it was awesome. Heads up I'm tentatively putting my hand up for hosting the Xmas in July for 2016.

VP Brewing said:
Best time of the year mate!

Heyhey, you got that HERMS going yet?
Yep HERMS is a goer, done about 8-10 brews in it so far. SOOOO much better even though I've still got a few tweeks to make to the system.

I currently have the HERMS setup going, ferm fridge, lager fridge, keg fridge and a bar fridge in the shed. This is a pic from the last brew day
11148851_10153947892205558_8020111003140412897_n.jpg

I've got about 8 brews to do in the next few months for various friends events, so I'm trying to get some updates done to the brew rig ASAP. I need a better bench as the current one is actually supposed to be my welding bench and my PIDs seem to overshoot slightly so I need to sort that out properly (looking to ditch PID and just go Arduino/RasPi temp control). Plus because it's all hard plumbed its a PITA to clean so I'll be welding on some tri-clover to get it easier to run.

I might have to organise a brew day at my place one weekend.

Cool. Pm me when ur brewing and I'll see if I can swing past. I'm running a recirculated BIAB setup at the moment. Do double batches most of the time.

Cool mate let me know when and I'll see if I can come have a look.
I'm brewing a double batch of Kölsch on Friday. Will hopefully use half of it for the vic Xmas case swap. Just got the yeast starter on the stir plate.

How did that fancy pants clone go? My black IPA in sensational.

Not too bad. A 19L keg went to a wedding on Saturday and was gone in 2 hours. Great feedback from it. And the keg I brewed for myself had the last pour tonight which prompted me to bump this thread

Gday fellas I'm in the area, you boys still about?

Glad to hear, where do you boys get your all grain supplies from?

Back