April Club Meeting - Possible Locations

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good to me, thanks TimT. Would prefer April 29 if that isn't set in stone yet.

Yeah I was originally thinking April 22 but 29 is definitely better - more time for people to get back from Easter breaks. And I think we were kind of assuming at break up of last meeting that we'd meet the last Tuesday of the month next time anyway.

Just incase the theatre doesn't work out or we fancy something a bit more pub like, The Edinburgh Castle on Sydney Road says they would love to host our meetings and didn't seem to be opposed to us bringing homebrew for tasting on occasion. My girlfriend attends choir practice sessions there and says they have a decent sized private room with a bar or more informal spaces available in the dining room. Anyway, just thought I would let everyone know thats its a possibility and I can email them back for more details if you like.

Why a Tuesday.most of us either get paid wednesday/thursday nite.Tuesday is washing hair nite :p

Okay, got the theatre lined up for a meeting on the 29 April from 7-9 pm. Sorry Spiesy and Technobabble, (I just thought 29th was all things considered the better date.)

It's really great of the Eagles Nest Theatre folks to accommodate us and I reckon we could at least show our appreciation by taking care of the place while we're there and making a donation of some of our finest brews. I'll start the brew fund off by chipping in a few bottles of my Juniper Ale!

UPDATE:

So that's
DATE: Tuesday, 29 April
TIME: 7-9 pm
24 Hardy Street
Brunswick

Sensational. I used to live just around the corner from the Eagles Nest. I will donate a bottle of my Pa Pa Pale Ale.

I'll donate. Couple of my ESBs if they are any good. Esb will fit nicely on the cap so they know what they are drinking

Hi Gents,

stumbled upon your club via the Horizon Comparative Brew thread. I live in Brunswick and I'm interested in joining. Is it as simple as coming along to the next meeting or is them some hazing/ritual I need to perform before I can join?

Cheers

Nick

We're yet to settle on our preferred method of hazing, but we're not far off. I'm pretty sure it'll involve TimT's beard somehow.

So yeah, just come along to our next meeting, where we should be sorting out our formal club structure. Oh, and drinking homebrew.

Latest posts

Back