Anyone willing to give an All Grain demonstration to a beginner? - Sun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're heading up to Hervey Bay at some stage drop in.

Given a day or so's notice, we could usually accommodate another demo most weekdays or Saturdays.

Cheers,
Martin

Black Devil Dog said:
Damn!

I did a batch yesterday and another today, during the boil today, I mowed the lawn.

If I'd read your post earlier I would have got you to come around, that way I could have gone inside and watched the footy instead. :D

I've only got about a dozen all grain brews under my belt (BIAB) and today was my best as far as hitting numbers. (Except for not having enough Hallertau Mitt :blink:.) Another order coming your way Yob.

I'm at Golden Beach and it will be at least another 2 weeks until I brew again, but I'd be happy to show you how I go about it.
All good, I'm 1800km from the coast at the moment anyway. I'll be home from the 5th - 10th and the 19th-24th so if you're putting on a brew then and keen to give me a run down please let me know!

Cheers

HBHB said:
If you're heading up to Hervey Bay at some stage drop in.

Given a day or so's notice, we could usually accommodate another demo most weekdays or Saturdays.

Cheers,
Martin
Thanks Martin,

I haven't been up that way yet - only been on the coast for 9 months - so I'll let you know if I make a road trip.

Anyone interested in giving me a demo some time between the 31st Oct -5th Nov?

Cheers :drinks:

Engibeer said:
Anyone interested in giving me a demo some time between the 31st Oct -5th Nov?

Cheers :drinks:
Possible, Northside brissy..
Waiting on a new SSR from hong kong as my electrical box has died in the last 3 months of non-use. (Really a big shame!)

Hopefully it arrives in next week or two and id be happy with a grain hauler at 9am :)

I generally do 40-60L batches. If we pump out a 60 and you bring a cube i would happily donate 20L.

Engineers? God I hate those guys, particularly chemical engineers who jump on this forum and pretend to know everything about pumps and heat exchangers...

Welcome, have to admit you're in for a lot of distractions while you're on site as you think about the next project or how your beer is going. It's a very good roster though if you have a bit of patience.

Can't help you with a brewday in the area - though I am testing my recirc system on Sunday 3rd in Bris - but once you take part or even just take the plunge you will realise how easy it is and also the endless possibilities...

Sippy Downs and Drink ye legless, aarrrhhh

It's just round the corner from:

ettamogahpubsunshinecoast1.jpg

I'm no longer on Bribie Island or you would have been most welcome. The Wurtulla guy doesn't post here a lot but he's a bit more active on another forum, I'll PM him and see if he's got a day happening, really likes to meet new local brewers.

Back