Anyone willing to give an All Grain demonstration to a beginner? - Sun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engibeer

Reaction score
G'day all,

I have only recently started home brewing. (My username isn't claiming to be a beer engineer - I just happen to actually be an engineer)

I know instantly that I love brewing and I will be doing it for a long time. I have a fridge which by the end of the month I will have set up with two 19L kegs, CO2 etc.

I initially started with the intention of progressing to the level of All Grain Brewing.

The process sounds a bit daunting, but I have read on here that it is very easy when you have someone to demonstrate the process to you.

I was just wondering whether there are any experienced brewers on the Sunshine Coast willing to demonstrate the next time they put on an All Grain Brew?

Cheers,

Matt

Mods could you please edit the topic to the following - I didn't realise there was a limit and the critial words - Sunshine Coast - were left out! Cheers

Anyone willing to give an AGB demo to a beginner? - Sunshine Coast

Scooby Tha Newbie said:
Sorry yes wort. Ok thanks I will give it a go.
Take your time mate. I just started as well. I'm a Baker so the whole yeast thing didn't worry me. I've a friend that showed me what to do wile he was brewing his own. Three brews later I was getting the hang of it. Now I've a cider and a Smash beer in the fridge. Plus One in the fermenter. If you need to talk to a newbie let me know. As for doing one with you it's a long hike to Penrith mate. But your welcome to come down.

If you get stuck and want to go for a good drive, come up to Bundy and I'll put on a brew day.

Attending a brew day is an awesome way to get into the craft.

If you don't mind working around my random work schedule I ll be brewing sometime in the next month.

Cheers guys,

Pot I work away on a roster - so this would probably work out well. I'm actually at work every second weekend so I try and spend the weekends I'm home with the Mrs.

Are you ever free on Weekdays?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Matt, where on the coast are you,Cheers Ratchie.

Engibeer said:
Anyone willing to give an AGB demo to a beginner? - Sunshine Coast
:icon_offtopic: I should have taken a pic of this mornings AGB for you :ph34r:

Hi Engibeer ther are a few brewers close to you 2 in buderim,one at wurtulla beach (he showed me my first all grain brew day) 3 or 4 in the Mooloolah area and a few in caloundra.Maybe if one of them reads this thread they will pm you.Cheers Mark.

I'm a BIABer in Petrie north Brissie. More than happy to show you round a urn.

Cheers.

Plenty of weekdays off, just a bit random at present. I'll let u know when I look like cruising home next.

OMG - An engineer who's interested in AG brewing???
Another MONSTER has just been created.......! :chug:
Good luck, mate - you'll definitely be at this game for LIFE!!

Engibeer said:
Sippy downs.. drink.. to consume.. to make glass empty.. to sip away at.. struck me as a funny name for a burb with someone who wants to learn how to make beverages.. not anything wrong with it, just tickled a funny bone is all..

:)

Damn!

I did a batch yesterday and another today, during the boil today, I mowed the lawn.

If I'd read your post earlier I would have got you to come around, that way I could have gone inside and watched the footy instead. :D

I've only got about a dozen all grain brews under my belt (BIAB) and today was my best as far as hitting numbers. (Except for not having enough Hallertau Mitt :blink:.) Another order coming your way Yob.

I'm at Golden Beach and it will be at least another 2 weeks until I brew again, but I'd be happy to show you how I go about it.

Watch youtube videos... "ghetto all grain brewing" = 130000 results
When you have an idea of the setup you want look at more detailed vids "HERMS all grain brewing" = 31k results

I got interested (hooked) after watching some yank brewing AG with a single burner in a keggle with no fittings batch sparging from a bucket into another bucket on the back porch of a trailer in the middle of winter... looks easy!

Hehe, engineer? Go all grain right away. It's the only way to sate your inner nerd.

Latest posts

Back