Anyone used a US solar pump TD5?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'd been interested,an upgrade on the LBP ( more sanitary)for me would be a good addition .
My rig has a LBP in it which ATM is not entirely ideal due to the construction of them.
I want to keep a LBP in my setup as it is setup for one and am happy with it.

Depending on what they cost I would. Same thing as spog really. Lbp's now. But would like something easier to clean.

I was thinking of getting one of these. However with the very recent advent of the stainless heads for the kaixin/keg king pumps for a total of about $140 these become less attractive, unless one has a certain need to run on non-mains voltages. The exchange rate has become somewhat less attractive!

http://www.fullpint.com.au/pumps/

Mardoo said:
I was thinking of getting one of these. However with the very recent advent of the stainless heads for the kaixin/keg king pumps for a total of about $140 these become less attractive, unless one has a certain need to run on non-mains voltages. The exchange rate has become somewhat less attractive!

http://www.fullpint.com.au/pumps/
Interesting. I agree. For me I'm still interested in the low voltage DC and added speed control (I'm trying to automate sparge flow rates and whatnot), but the Kaixin pump with a stainless head looks the goods.

Mardoo said:
What's the advantage to you of low voltage DC? I just don't know much about such things.
Not a huge amount. Just easier to control, safer (I don't have to worry about 240V and liquids) and I can legally wire it up to whatever I want without any problems.

shoobs said:
Not a huge amount. Just easier to control, safer (I don't have to worry about 240V and liquids) and I can legally wire it up to whatever I want without any problems.
Wiring 12 v on my rig was why I went with a LBP,and at the time they were affordable for me.
I do see the point Mardoo made mentioning Kaixin etc at a little more $ wise and being more reliable with a s/s head on them,for me I'm happy with my setup,although Kaixin etc are more robust it would mean a rewire and mods on my rig if I went to 240 volt to accommodate a pump upgrade . And sticking with AHB suggestion re mains wiring and getting a sparky involved.!
LBP for me..........for now.............

I'm interested if you do a bulk buy. I want to put in a 12v bus anyway for some lights and buttons

I was looking at the same pump, I dont have a heap of amps to play with so a 12v pump is my only option. I currently have 2x LBP's which are great but this SS one looks better.

Going off the pump specs, the Kaixin only draws 100mA.

For those interested in the Kaixin option better prices can be had. I'd love to go the TD5 option, but the price difference after currency exchange and shipping gets me.

Back