Anyone Know Some Great Beer Bars In Hk And China?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmanu

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm just heading overseas on Sunday for 3 weeks, will be cruising around HK and China. Been to HK numerous times, but never really searched out any great beer places.

Wondering if anyone has been to some nice places in either HK or China (Beijing, Shanghai etc).

Love to hear any suggestions, keen to explore!

Cheers,
Dave

I lived in Hong Kong for many years - a walk around Lang Kwai Fong is your best bet. This place is full of 'western' style bars.

The 'Hong Kong Brewhouse' is there, which stocks all sorts of interesting beers. Many from American micros. Good atmosphere. The floor is literally knee deep in peanut shells!

Cant really comment on Beijing or Shanghai.

HK Brewhouse: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16001/?view=beerfly

Ahhh awesome will definitely check out the HK brew house. I wanted to try something different from 'standard' LKF trawl lol, so thats brilliant.

Thanks!

Another vote for Hong Kong Brew House. I guess the main beers to try are the USA beers (from Pyramid, Anderson Valley, Brooklyn, Full Sail and Mendicino brewerys) as you can get a lot of the other beers in Aus.

Here is my review-

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=278703

From memory, there is also a couple of other good beer bars around LKF.

Thanks for asking the question Dave, saved me doing it. I will be in HK at the end of August for a few days, before heading on to Spain, Portugal, France and Italy.

the Tsing Taos that you get from dodgy corner shops are worth a try too.

Each has a slightly different shaped bottle, and all have slightly different level of beer!!!!

I think these must be their 'non exports'

I liked Dickens Bar under The Excelsior in Causeway Bay when we were there.

Good English pub with good food, Hoegaarden and Leffe on tap among others.

I liked Dickens Bar under The Excelsior in Causeway Bay when we were there.

Good English pub with good food, Hoegaarden and Leffe on tap among others.

and if memory serves, there is/was a nice tapas place just around the corner

In Shanghai go to the bund, where a lot of westeners meet. Various resturants and clubs.Spent a night there, but was a bit under the weather when we got there. There is a German bar there with a lot of different beers on tap. there is also a good nightclub and band across from the bar.

Thanks for the suggestions! Will be checking all those places out. Got a few mates checking out HK Brew House this week :)

Back