anyone ferment in one of these?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ferment in the white version.
Bunnings fermenter.jpg

The new blue one is mentioned in another thread, and apparently is ok, the blue stuff is to protect the cube plastic from UV deterioration as it's mostly used for camping etc.

Being a water container the blue shyte is supposed to be neutral. Willow went blue, but not nearly as blue, about five years ago. I emailed willow and they said the colouring is food "neutral".

When I first took up HB in the late 1970s, 30L barrel style fermenters were black. Including the ones in the Coopers box outfits. Gawd knows what was in the plastic but they were perfectly good.

Edit: just noticed it said "home brewing" in the blurb, go for it. :super:

I've heard you guys talk about those 'new blue ones' a few times but never actually saw them until now.

Holy **** they look disgusting, they could have all the food grade certificates the world has to offer and I would still not ferment my beer in them.

Bribie G said:
When I first took up HB in the late 1970s, 30L barrel style fermenters were black. Including the ones in the Coopers box outfits. Gawd knows what was in the plastic but they were perfectly good.
Still using my old mans one he brewed with in the 70's & 80's. Still does the job. When I was starting off it was annoying not being able to see the fermentation, but now once the 'I have to check it every 5mins' phase is over, its perfect.

It says suitable for drugs too.
Good for the meth lab then.

indica86 said:
It says suitable for drugs too.
Good for the meth lab then.
Keep it down my whole street looks at me suspiciously every time I'm out in the driveway WITH the brew gear!! The stares I get when actually brewing ....lord help us.

MastersBrewery said:
Keep it down my whole street looks at me suspiciously every time I'm out in the driveway WITH the brew gear!! The stares I get when actually brewing ....lord help us.
Shoulda seen the looks I got when the contractors who trim tree's for the Electrical supply company drove past my shed on my RDO and I was doing a brew on my 3v rig, 2 tractors stopped and stared and the chipper truck behind was millimetres from smashing up the back of them, so funny, I was actually waiting for the cops to come out from them reporting me for suspicious shed gear and steam everywhere.

On Bribie Island I brewed with the garage door up, and we were on a bus route. A few times the bus came past when I was standing on a chair adjusting my hangman's noose for the BIAB bag. Never sent the cops round, uncaring bastards. That's what's wrong with the world today.

Bribie G said:
On Bribie Island I brewed with the garage door up, and we were on a bus route. A few times the bus came past when I was standing on a chair adjusting my hangman's noose for the BIAB bag. Never sent the cops round, uncaring bastards. That's what's wrong with the world today.
People don't like the confrontation.

Back