Any takers?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have met the owner and he is a top bloke and a very good Brewer.

"Broo limited is a unique Australian beer company that distinguishes itself from competitors through strong brands, company ethos, unique marketing platform and quality beer products".

Glad to see they put the most important thing last.

Not for me. This would value the IP at $110M pre-money which is more than Mountain Goat sold for and this on the back of a financial loss in 2016 of $117k (revenue of $516k). Absolutely ridiculous. Great exit strategy for the current owner who can sell his shares in 2 years and in the meantime gets $360k per year to manage the company. He will be the only one that makes money.

The books for the last 3 years are in the prospectus.

Black n Tan said:
Not for me. This would value the IP at $110M pre-money which is more than Mountain Goat sold for and this on the back of a financial loss in 2016 of $117k (revenue of $516k). Absolutely ridiculous. Great exit strategy for the current owner who can sell his shares in 2 years and in the meantime gets $360k per year to manage the company. He will be the only one that makes money.
The actual loss for 2016 was $2.6m on revenue of $0.5m, the loss you refer to is the gross loss (i.e. sales less cost of goods sold). So they're valuing the company at around 200 times revenue. That's f***ing hilarious

Blind Dog said:
The books for the last 3 years are in the prospectus.

The actual loss for 2016 was $2.6m on revenue of $0.5m, the loss you refer to is the gross loss (i.e. sales less cost of goods sold). So they're valuing the company at around 200 times revenue. That's f***ing hilarious
Right you are, even more ridiculous.

All the Grogan's seemed to go for get rich quick schemes, I believe his Dad went bankrupt a couple of times.

A lot of negative comments, so I take it no one will be taking up the offer, the beer is endorsed by Big Jack,who made a fortune for Elders making Strawberry jam from an over supply of apricots. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDZnmcyq9Jg

wide eyed and legless said:
A lot of negative comments, so I take it no one will be taking up the offer, the beer is endorsed by Big Jack,who made a fortune for Elders making Strawberry jam from an over supply of apricots. :D

He'll drink half of the profits and spend the rest on his stinking gaspers...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually a good beer.
It and Australia draught are very similar but with slightly different hops.
Smooth and creamy, light bitterness at 20 ibu with a consistent bready ester dominating the flavour.
It's my go to when I have no homebrew.

Grogan and Elliott might get two turds of the market share.

Someone on an investment discussion group I'm a member of asked about this one.

I already warned them off based on the macro factors of the market alone, but now that I see more detail, it's an even worse deal.

Latest posts

Back