Any takers?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the numbers added up a little better then it might be worth a go.

With a foot in the door to the Chinese market and a relatively bland product (Most Chinese think good imported beer is too bitter)
A few greased palms and BOOM - success.

Most Chinese see Australian foodstuffs as clean and safe and preferable to many other countries.

The current Chinese production and consumption of beer is around double that of the USA.

The status of imported beers and wines makes them desirable especially to the growing 'middle class"

You only need to gain a tiny percentage of that market to do well.

evildrakey said:
as someone who's never drunk it... is it as nasty as it looks?
Well I was going to say pretty bad, it tastes like XXXX.
But if I did they might send a lynch party down from Queensland :lol:

At best this is highly, HIGHLY speculative based on the hopes of future success in China.
At worst it is an outright scam.

I spoke to there Brewer the other day, he said they got the money.

Looking at it again, what I couldn't get my head around initially was how would they keep up with demand and compete on the pricing, I could buy a pint of beer in the local grocers for around 50 cents, turns out that Jinxing Beer Group will be making the beer under licence so just maybe they will do alright.

I thought this stuff had gone the shitter as it should have.
The brewer should hang his head making such filthy beer and promoting it as a quality product.
Oh, low quality is a a quality isn't it.

This reeks of a last ditch effort to keep the business afloat. No thanks.

This reeks of a last ditch effort to keep the business afloat. No thanks.

480 million bottles PA? Thats a lot of malt, time to invest in a new Victorian maltings perhaps.

Sounds more like a mirror for bullshit politic speak. Nothing in that article inspired any confidence in something of substance whatsoever.

Back