Any recommended online stores for tri-clover butterfly, sampling valves etc?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bingggo

Reaction score
I am thinking of pimping out my basic 14g chronical with a butterfly dump valve and a sampling valve for bottling etc. Maybe some TC barb adaptors etc for pressurised transfers.

The squeeze handle butterfly valves look easier to use?

Any recommended places here or direct from China?

Cheers,
B

Last edited:
I am thinking of pimping out my basic 14g chronical with a butterfly dump valve and a sampling valve for bottling etc. Maybe some TC barb adaptors etc for pressurised transfers.

The squeeze handle butterfly valves look easier to use?

Any recommended places here or direct from China?

Cheers,
B
What I would be doing is looking on Alibaba for the components you need, the Chronical seems popular, sometimes you can buy singularly or lots of 10. Get a group buy if need be. Alibaba you have buyer protection (you do also on Aliexpress but Alibaba is cheaper) The only thing with a butterfly valve is the lack of fine control over the release of trub or yeast, maybe something with better control, I don't know never having had to do this.

Good quality butterfly valves give pretty good control, even fine control, if you get ones designed to operate at other than ON/OFF. I used a 25mm Keystone to control sparge and recirculation on, well call it a medium sized system for a couple of years.
Buying equipment designed to do a job properly is often a lot smarter than just selecting on price alone. This type of valve offers controlled flow, as well as the advantage of pretty much unobstructed full bore flow which is what Butterfly valves excel at.
upload_2019-7-28_18-20-30.png

Mark

I've bought most of my stainless fittings from ebay stores - threaded and sanitary - try searching around for posts by @Meddo as he's provided a lot of information on his experiences building rigs and sourcing fittings.

I use squeeze handle butterfly valves on my chronical, would appreciate more control but they do the job.

I'm sure keystone/pentair make great kit but they're 5 or 10x the price, so for a hobby budget they're out of the question for me.

There are plenty of good makers and a wide range of prices.
Choose a part that will do the job.
Don't obsess about getting the cheapest bit of crud on the market and expecting it to do the same job as a quality product odds on it wont so you end up wasting all of your money. A bit of balance in thinking about what to spend and what you need to achieve will give you much more, often for surprisingly little extra cost.
IIRC, the 25mm keystone I got second hand on eBay for something like $15, so I'm not adverse to saving money, just not at the price of performance, but the ability to do the job comes first not just the $'s
Mark

Thanks all! I agree it's a balance of price and quality, I don't need pro-level gear but clearly it's sensible to pay for something of reasonable quality :) Will follow up the suggestions.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered about $10K of gear from a mob in China for a job I am doing. If I remember tomorrow I will get the details. Looks like the same supplier Midway metals uses. Lets see what gets delivered next month

This is the mob I ordered from.

Zhangzhou Jiacheng Fluid Machinery Co., Ltd.

Xianjing Industrial Park, Changtai Economy Development Zone, Fujian, China 363900

Tel:86-596-8365669 86-596-8365789
Mobile: 86-18020661501

Fax: 86-596-8365799

http://www.jacng.cn

E-mail:[email protected]

Latest posts

Back