Any Other Hobbies?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mattymcfatty said:
Nice one! That's a lot of tone knobs for a fuzz pedal. I've got all the components together to make a zvex super hard on pedal. Still trying to get my head around the off board wiring.
Cheers, and Good luck with your pedal, mate
Yeah, the offboard wiring threw me a bit too. The build notes for my fuzz were pretty vague on that, so I had to do a tonne of Googling, and asking questions.
I still haven't tested the dc supply (still running off battery).

The Noisy Cricket was a walk in the park compared to it.
Bought all the parts off Taydaelectronics.com, but their minature pcb mount pots are pretty shitty, IMO.
MadbeanPedals.com is a good forum.

This was with a 20 year old air pistol.
I love my guns. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1463965396.983593.jpg

*thread revival!!

I don't brew beer (yet) but I brew mead. My other interests and hobbies are many and varied. Love nothing more than heading out bush camping, hunting, 4wding, fishing. Got a caravan so also love heading out in that with the family.

Camping wise I swag or tent depending on who is with me and where it is.

Hunting, I love deer hunting. Haven't shot a shitload but have got a few with both rifle and bow. My best stag is a chital stag I shot in Queensland with my bow. Love rabbit and fox shooting too but unfortunately there aren't many bunnies in my area.

Fishing, love snapper and gummy fishing. Love it!! One of the best by-catches is flatty. Very under rated fish. I hear a lot of people whine when they "only get flathead".... Chase trout every now and then and like doing that with the fly gear. I've caught myself a Victorian barra out of Hazelwood Pondage that went 80cm. Absolute horse of a fish!!

Cars. Love my cars. Old ones. Currently I have an FX ute my old man gave to me. Yep, GAVE to me. I couldn't believe it! I've got 3 brothers, the old boy has had this ute for 32 years and next year he's retiring. He said to me 2 years ago "I'm retiring soon and will be traveling. I won't have room or time for the ute and I know you will look after it and have somewhere to store it". Gotta love that!! Not so sure the brothers were too happy as they all said they wanted it when he passes away. I said I'd take his boat!.. haha. I also have a HZ ute project car I'm building. Haven't done a great deal to it yet and not sure I'll do too much more as a mate said he wants to swap it for his FX sedan... I'm up for that!!

Don't mind heading for a surf every now and then. Try to get out a few times a year. Trying to get the kids into it and teach them a little bit.

I coach my middle boy in U10's footy (Aussie rules, the REAL football!!!). Tomorrow we play in our second semi final. Finished second on the ladder in my first year of coaching. I'm pretty stoked with that. Also been helping my 14yr old daughter get into footy and coaching her a bit. She's a bloody champion footballer!

I don't mind doing a bit of gardening either. Used to do the whole "veggie patch" thing but after changing jobs and not working with any old wogs I lost interest with it. More landscape gardening sort of thing I like.

I enjoy (at times...) making potbellies and fire pits. Some here may wish me I'll with some things I've done to kegs!!.. haha.

I pretty much love doing anything with my family. If we can find somewhere to camp or caravan near water or somewhere to shoot we'll be happy!!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1503138806.339817.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1503138825.606895.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1503138845.224097.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1503138907.180104.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1503138923.216136.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1503138964.413287.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1503138980.506448.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1503138994.668974.jpg

I fish pretty hard, both fresh and salt water, have 2 boats, kayak and canoe, love chasing bass.
I belong to a local fishing and we get a club trip in each month plus other trips in between.
Doing a trip to Cape York with 11 mates end of Oct this year, this will be my 5th trip up there.
4WD driving and camping is the spin off from fishing.
I used to shoot competition, small bore, air rifle and trap, one day I will get back to it.
Also doing a project bike, Honda 750 VF 82 mod, very modified, lost my mogo on it but will get back to it soon I hope (another story), this has been 6 years in the build so far.
I love my garden and have a very good home workshop, always projects going on in there, new aluminium rear canopy for my Navara is close to finished.

Another keen angler here, and gardener, would never have thought I would get into gardening, but got introduced to growing exotic plants and it grew from there.(No pun intended) Both of those hobbies suck up large amounts of cash, especially the fishing, makes me appreciate the brewing hobby more. All 3 require a huge amount of reading so I suppose I could add reading as a hobby too.

As I don't have a boat, gave up jetty fishing years ago. If the good woman would carry the esky I might still be doing it. Love gardening results particularly with herbs and chilli varieties.

Mmmmmmm, wonder if she would cart me out there on a trolley. Seriously though, trolley has some merit in it, will give some thought there.

Mmmmmmm, wonder if she would cart me out there on a trolley. Seriously though, trolley has some merit in it, will give some thought there.

Electric buggy??... hahaha. Wonder if the fuzz will look kindly upon a bloke with a beer or two under his belt rolling on one of those?.. I hate to see anyone give up on fishing.

That's the go. Enjoy a bit of fishing too when I get a chance, mainly off the beach nowadays if the weather is good.

Saw a video recently where some blokes used a drone to drop the bait out deep - looked interesting.... Could be expensive if it goes wrong.

I like making short videos and putting music to them.

Made a few, mountain bike riding with one of my dogs, boating and snorkelling are about it so far. It's very time consuming and I've got a few unfinished projects in the works and some ideas for things I'd like to do down the track.

I'm very much an untrained rank amateur, but I like experimenting with editing techniques and different effects.

Here's one of them.

Surf fishing is also my go to now when it comes to wetting a line. Mainly due to the fact that most of our holidays are in the van and along the coast somewhere where the kids can be entertained and I can still get out there and catch something. Towing the van restricts us from using a boat although, after a recent trip estuary fishing, I'm now looking around for a decent car-topper that will allow us to get the kids out on some quiet water to fish, explore etc.

Surf fishing is also my go to now when it comes to wetting a line. Mainly due to the fact that most of our holidays are in the van and along the coast somewhere where the kids can be entertained and I can still get out there and catch something. Towing the van restricts us from using a boat although, after a recent trip estuary fishing, I'm now looking around for a decent car-topper that will allow us to get the kids out on some quiet water to fish, explore etc.

My old man just picked up one of those 'porta boats' second hand - he's happy with it so far. Doesn't need a trailer or anything, small engine works fine.

That's the go. Enjoy a bit of fishing too when I get a chance, mainly off the beach nowadays if the weather is good.

Saw a video recently where some blokes used a drone to drop the bait out deep - looked interesting.... Could be expensive if it goes wrong.
I saw a guy surf fishing and he had a pneumatic valve with a plastic barrel on it, loaded his terminal tackle into the barrel pumped the pneumatic valve full of air with a foot pump then took aim, opened the valve and away it all went. I like the drone idea though.

Knot_gillty has similar past times to me, i love my camping and 4wding and also have an FC sedan , 74 Kombi and Triumph T595 Daytona.
Also a bow man and have a Hoyt Easton compound bow that i have had for years, not much into hunting as i dont have the opportunity since we sold our family farm.
If camping solo or with the boys i take my double swag or if the family comes we have an offroad camper trailer.
I also have a 16ft Canadian style canoe.
7936860ead8300d8e6f304bc439d2605.jpg

a25dd00fa0851a8fb348d05baa6c5039.jpg

865a030555e23e3b3bbd46d86b31f51b.jpg

98f9c06a819d39985b2b3456b6a71e85.jpg

Latest posts

Back