Any one seen one of these before? - Gas burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funk then Funk1

Reaction score
So I've been slowly getting my gear for my venture into BIAB.
On the weekend I picked up this gas burner from a garage sale, the bloke who I bought it from didn't have any info about it other than he used it to cook his keg-hangi. I was wondering if anyone here may have seen one like this before or have any info about it?
When he told me that he'd let me have it for $5, there was no way that I was leaving without it (I still think I should have bartered him down).

IMG00653-20140422-1653.jpgIMG00652-20140422-1653.jpg

That's an italian spiral burner, should work very well
may need a medium pressure or adjustable regulator if it doesn't have one already

Thanks,
I only have a standard bbq regulator at the moment, I might have a look around for an adjustable one.

And I thought mine for 40 bucks was a bargain....

we should have a bargain of the year thread, this would rank quite well. Nice bit of kit!

Keg King's adjustable reg should work well, they're $30 from KK or probably a little more from your LHBS if they stock KK gear

Thanks everone, yeah I though it was a bit of a bargin even though I didn't know exactly what it was. I was looking for a 2 or 3 ring but I thought from the look of it, that it should do the trick. Might have to hit a few more garage sales to try to pick up a $5 med pressure/adjustable reg to go with it.

very similar to my Chinese knock-off burner. I love it and highly recommend them, with a variable regulator recommended too.

Chinese burner pic. I think you'll agree that you have the copy. Still goes hard, though.

Drill out the holes as they close up after a whille with rust and flakey stuff.

Actually any cast iron burners need the holes drilled out periodically.

Nice mate! I paid $90 for mine which is similar, thought that price was OK. It's good to hear someone not rushing into buying everything at once...like me :p

I used one for years prior to BM. You need the H.P. Reg though. While I only ever used it on the lowest setting its still 10 times more powerful than a std BBQ reg.

Mall said:
Anyone had experience with these: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OzMade-QualityAdjustable-Regulator-1-8m-LPG-Gas-Hose-of-Cooktop-Wok-Burner-Stove-/260945323505?pt=AU_Outdoor_Living_BBQs_Cookware&hash=item3cc18da5f1&_uhb=1

I need to upgrade my BBW regulator used with my Italian Spiral burner...nice but not enuf grunt.
for that price with shipping, it would be cheaper for you to get the one from KegKing that sp0rk mentioned above. I picked up a high pressure one for my spiral, and it sure pumps out some heat now!

$5 - absolute bargain!

HP regs from Auscrown as well

FWIW I use a Beerbelly adjustable medium pressure reg for my italian spiral. Works a treat and can really crank out some heat. Looks like the KK one's a bit cheaper though.

Latest posts

Back