Any all-grain recipes for: Karl Strauss Tower 10 IPA?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKBrews

Reaction score
Tried this beer about a month ago and absolutely loved it. Chock full of American hops (Chinook, Citra and Cascade apparently). Anyone tried to replicate this one?

I'm really liking Chinook as I get into this brewing stuff!

Perfect! Just so happens I have all of those grains on hand too - just need to purchase some more Chinook!

Cheers.

Tried the tower 10 last weekend, was great. I found it similar to hop hog.

PoN said:
I found it similar to hop hog.
Wow - I did not get that at all. I found it much more bitter. It has been a few years since I tried it though, maybe they have changed the recipe.

Bob_Loblaw said:
Wow - I did not get that at all. I found it much more bitter. It has been a few years since I tried it though, maybe they have changed the recipe.
Tastebuds ..... maybe recipe, I really love this beer, have been trying to recreate for over a year. I add a bit (lot) of simcoe with the Chinook to get the pine, didn't find centennial had enough. Ever experimenting!!!

Haven't had it in bottle for 6 months and I bought a case last week and was gobsmaked at how "mild" it tasted, i thought recipe but couldn't find any reference in the states to a change.

I just think I've amped up my expectations of an IPA.

Whats the Hop equivalent of Chilli tolerance!?!

Good to hear that others like this beer as well.

I must admit, I've only really got into the hop heavy beers in the last 6 - 12 months, prior to that the craftiest beer I would have drank is probably a Stone and Wood. Opens your eyes to why people homebrew when you start getting the taste for the big hoppy beers!

I will be giving that Surf City IPA a try soon and will let you know how it compares.

Mikeyr said:
Whats the Hop equivalent of Chilli tolerance!?!
"Lupulin threshold".

I've always found Tower 10 to be a fairly underwhelming beer personally, particularly compared to other beers from San Diego.

Bob_Loblaw said:
I had hop hog before the tower 10, that could have effected the way I tasted it. But yes it was more bitter but I found the hop flavour very similar

Bottled this recipe the other day,was so good out of the fermentor I poured myself a glass of it while bottling.

Back