Another Cooling Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan A

Reaction score
When you have your brewing cylinder inside another drum for cooling, is it ok if the bottles of ice actually touch the brewer?

I have a towel around the brewer and then bottles of 1ltr ice packed against it.

Dan

When you have your brewing cylinder inside another drum for cooling, is it ok if the bottles of ice actually touch the brewer?

I have a towel around the brewer and then bottles of 1ltr ice packed against it.

Dan

its not a problem if the ice bottes are touching the fermenter Dan
Cheers
Steve

its not a problem if the ice bottes are touching the fermenter Dan
Cheers
Steve

Great, thanks steve.

Btw...which color is the correct temp on the sticky thermometer when reading?

Thanks Again
Dan

Great, thanks steve.

Thanks Again
Dan

ermmm sorry i dont know - yellow/brown I think...they arent too accurate.

Great, thanks steve.

Thanks Again
Dan

Dan if it's the thermo in the pic you're talking about I usually take the temp from the middle... ie; light green reading. Which means the beer in the pic is 16 degrees.

Hope this helps.

Oh and less ice for the "brewer" and more beer mate. :lol:

Warren -

DSC01322.JPG

Dan if it's the thermo in the pic you're talking about I usually take the temp from the middle... ie; light green reading. Which means the beer in the pic is 16 degrees.

Hope this helps.

Oh and less ice for the "brewer" and more beer mate. :lol:

Warren -

Good stuff, thanks mate.

Dan

hmmm interesting.
I was given a good industrial thermometer that reads accurately(calibrated) with 0.1degC resolution, when comparing it to my Coopers label therm, the closest was the light blue one.
Tho there could be a large varience between brands, and probably even within the brand.
I never trusted mine.

Simo

Latest posts

Back