Another Chappo Brew Day 13 June With Guest Star Citymorgue2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CM2 I am missing a goat? I know we converted to our ways but....
Well we did eat one Friday night. Maybe on got into the kettle and that's why u had a stuck kettle drain! Oh hang on maye 500g+ hops with no screen might have contributed. We know what hop screens r for in Mexico

seriously, great day fellas cheers

Huge thank you to Mrs Chappo and your Mum Trent for the hospitality and fine food a really good day and nice to meet new faces. Can you pm your mobile Trent and I will give you a ring to make arrangements to pick up my stuff.
Cheers Altstart

OK, so where are the embarrassing pics you guys?
South Brisbanites are trying it on with hear say. Did it really happen?

Nick's brew day, live stream is where the action is next week end.Embarrassment plus. C'mon it's not to late.
Daz

CM2 I am missing a goat? I know we converted to our ways but.... There is a qld of brotherhood bond which now you are a part of... Rooky, FatzG, Muckey, Butters, Ravs, .....

If I do nothin' more in my life but unite you moronic brewrers to respect each other then I'll be happy as a pig in Ross's poop! I do do this for you guys and you guys alone.... call me what you will but my friends will stand near! Thanks again for a great day Ya! bunch of drunks :D

I actually brought an apple for your goat - ended up eating it on the train home.

The apple was nice as well

OK, so where are the embarrassing pics you guys?
South Brisbanites are trying it on with hear say. Did it really happen?

Nick's brew day, live stream is where the action is next week end.Embarrassment plus. C'mon it's not to late.
Daz

+1 Pics please, none of Chappo though. :icon_vomit:

As for my live stream, faark... I really haven't thought this through have I? Lucky I can have a roving camera via the iPhone too :ph34r:

How can i say this nicely Ravs?

" You are Toast" :p :lol: B)

I like vegemite on my toast thanks Chap Chap.

Looking forward to it mate!

Waiting on incriminating pics now folks...! :icon_cheers:

I just checked my phone and there isn't embarssimg pics. WTF!? Oh well, I can vouch it happened and there was beer flowing freely.

sounds like i missed a great day, sorry i couldn't make it went out the night before didn't home before 6:30 (apparently i was utterly shitfaced) i drank my cab money and walked home in a kilt, then didn't wake up before 5pm sunday. will catch up with yous again soon.

cheers scoundrel

Thanks again Chap Chap and thanks to Mrs Chappo Mum and Dad for another great day. Great food great beers and lots of bulldust. It was good to see the brew brothers again.

Highlights of the day in no particular order:

• No cameras
  • Stuck drain into fermenter and restarting the siphon hose three hundred times.
  • highly technical hop schedule
  • 120 min PA in two 60 min lots (yeah you know what I mean)
  • One kickass bitter beer (we hope, at least the hops will cover up any faults)
  • One great load bullshit speak
  • Chappo actually brewing
  • Great beers
  • Great food
Ready for the next one Chappo.

Gavo.

Im raising the question here because we talked about it on the day.

US05 alternatives. we were discussing US05 and the liquid alternatives. you blokes were of the opinion that the liquid version rocked. but i cant remember if it was the W1056 or W1272 (all american) that you thought was better than US05 dry?

The one I have been using is 1056 which I got for the American Ales comp in March - it seems to ferment out quicker and cleaner than US-05 and I re-used some to do a cream ale that was excellent. I'll be using it again when I do cream ales next. Maybe it's my imagination but US-05 always hangs around with a scummy little head for ages but the 1056 finished a lot better I thought.

US05 alternatives. we were discussing US05 and the liquid alternatives. you blokes were of the opinion that the liquid version rocked. but i cant remember if it was the W1056 or W1272 (all american) that you thought was better than US05 dry?

well 1056 would be the best alternative to US05 as going from dry to liquid. The alternate to using 1056 would be to use 1272 as a different strain. Not that i was there or anything?!

Overall i prefer the character 1272 gives, other than 'clean' you get with 1056. :p

EDIT: Saying that i do get better results from 1056 over US05, also as Bribie has pointed out. US05 tastes dusty sometimes.

mate that doesnt help. that was what i was getting at. both liquids are better than dry, but it was which of the liquids they were reccomending.

actually just rereading my question it wasnt worded well, so its my fault.

im thinking it may have been w1272 they were reccomending. given that us05 is stock yeast at my place, i might change over to w1272. i might sub out uso5 and replace permenantly with w1272 and WCal Common.

Have no idea why but was thinking of Chap Chap whilst watching the NRL game tonight & so had to drag up this old thread about that memorable pissup at his place. :lol:

Hope all's well with you Chap Chap old son? Oh Happy Days indeed mate! :super:

DSC00406.JPG

Sure do miss the man who made most members realise it is not so serious...

Cheers to Chap Chap, wherever you are.

Lol... had totally forgotten about this one - good ol' Jack and his sea water brew!!

Always lived Chap Chap's work... hope you are well mate!!

One of the most generous people I have ever met. Also one of the funniest bastards I have ever had a beer with.

+1 on that Brad.

Latest posts

Back