Another Chappo Brew Day 13 June With Guest Star Citymorgue2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chappo1970

Piss off or Buy Me A Beer
Reaction score
Fellow brewers looks like me good olde mexican mate CityMorgue2 has come to his senses and is staying at Che Chappo Manor for the weekend of the 12th June. (Another soul for the fire's of HELL... Bwahahahahahaha!!!!)

Anyway he is keen to be shown how to brew Queenslander style (Is there another way I ask?) so if anyone is interested in poping over for a relaxed day of brewing and consumption put ya name down. As usual there will be a wee BBQ provided for by yours truely and so our dear friend CityMorgue doesn't get home sick I think a mexican twist in the flavour department will the the order of the day.

Good opportunity for anyone new to the brewing scene in Bris Vegas to come along and see what all this AG humbug is all about.

Kick off: Say around 10am Sunday morning (if I am sober enough from the night before :icon_cheers: ).
Dress: Strictly double pluggers and mexican straw hats. Tropical shirt's are a must.
Bring: Yourself, your beer (homebrew only ya Hombrae's), corn chips and salsa and a good sense of humour.

mexican-bandit.jpg

CM2 we better workout what we are brewing mate?

Fellow brewers looks like me good olde mexican mate CityMorgue2 has come to his senses and is staying at Che Chappo Manor for the weekend of the 12th June. (Another soul for the fire's of HELL... Bwahahahahahaha!!!!)

Anyway he is keen to be shown how to brew Queenslander style (Is there another way I ask?) so if anyone is interested in poping over for a relaxed day of brewing and consumption put ya name down. As usual there will be a wee BBQ provided for by yours truely and so our dear friend CityMorgue doesn't get home sick I think a mexican twist in the flavour department will the the order of the day.

Good opportunity for anyone new to the brewing scene in Bris Vegas to come along and see what all this AG humbug is all about.

Kick off: Say around 10am Sunday morning (if I am sober enough from the night before :icon_cheers: ).
Dress: Strictly double pluggers and mexican straw hats. Tropical shirt's are a must.
Bring: Yourself, your beer (homebrew only ya Hombrae's), corn chips and salsa and a good sense of humour.

mexican-bandit.jpg

CM2 we better workout what we are brewing mate?

Brett,

Just as well you are starting early as Chappo goes to bed just after the street lights come on :icon_cheers:

Rook

Im heading up for a work course that starts at 8am Monday morning (14th).

Im heading up on the saturday and staying at Chaps place for some festivities saturday nght.
Sunday brew day - then gotta head off to the hotel that night to meet up with my workgroup to prepare for our presentation on Monday morning.

So pretty much im going to be a wreck.

so what to brew huh Chapps? keeping with the theme, Corona clone?! :eek: :lol:

Monday the 14th is a public holiday here! Think you may get a few along Chap Chap! Don't burn yourself out for the following weekend though!

Hmmmm Corona you say?

How about a CAP? or 120min IIPA?

Monday the 14th is a public holiday here! Think you may get a few along Chap Chap! Don't burn yourself out for the following weekend though!
WooHoooo!!!! Double damage points!!! CM2 I hope you can do that presentation thru pi55 holes for eyes? :icon_cheers:

No chance of that NickB. I'm locked in to go regardless plus need to visit me mate Screwy on the way.

I was kidding about the corona mate. hmmm 120min IIPA yum. not that illl be around to drink it!

here's a wierd recipe from south of the border (not an IIPA)
some kind of beer.
4.00 kg. JWM Ale Malt
1.50 kg. JWM Munich Malt
0.25 kg. Weyermann Carapils
0.10 kg Chocolate Malt
30g. Nugget flowers First WH
20g. Nugget flowers 15 min.
20g. Nugget flowers 10 min.
20g. Nugget flowers 5 min.
20g. POR 0 min.
mash @ 65
1 tsp Gypsum
1 tsp Table Salt

Yeast
US05 or
W2112 Cal Common

re public holiday. I know it blows. who runs a live-in fkn course run on a public holiday. and makes an assignemtn due on the morning and a presention! hence my travel back to the hotel sunday night to meet up with my group. althought my sobriety will be questionable when i arrive!

I was kidding about the corona mate. hmmm 120min IIPA yum. not that illl be around to drink it!

here's a wierd recipe from south of the border (not an IIPA)
some kind of beer.
4.00 kg. JWM Ale Malt
1.50 kg. JWM Munich Malt
0.25 kg. Weyermann Carapils
0.10 kg Chocolate Malt
30g. Nugget flowers First WH
20g. Nugget flowers 15 min.
20g. Nugget flowers 10 min.
20g. Nugget flowers 5 min.
20g. POR 0 min.
mash @ 65
1 tsp Gypsum
1 tsp Table Salt

Yeast
US05 or
W2112 Cal Common

re public holiday. I know it blows. who runs a live-in fkn course run on a public holiday. and makes an assignemtn due on the morning and a presention! hence my travel back to the hotel sunday night to meet up with my group. althought my sobriety will be questionable when i arrive!

Needs rye CM2 :icon_cheers: (I blame Maple and bconnery for my rye obsession)...

You really aren't thinking that you'll be sober when you leave on Sunday are ya?

Cause if you are I think you maybe disappointed :icon_drunk:

Needs rye CM2 :icon_cheers: (I blame Maple and bconnery for my rye obsession)...

You really aren't thinking that you'll be sober when you leave on Sunday are ya?

Cause if you are I think you maybe disappointed :icon_drunk:
oh yeah i forgot the rye. at least a handful of rye goes into just about everything i brew. I could send you my special undercover special secret recipe for a golden belgian and give that a whirl. Hopefully its gonna win me a Vicbrew.

im hoping i am in a semi coherrant state when i leave on Sunday, but have no misconceptions that ill be at least 3/4 cut :icon_drunk:

... I could send you my special undercover special secret recipe for a golden belgian and give that a whirl. Hopefully its gonna win me a Vicbrew.

SOLD! I love it!

Now CM2 you do know this is a Qld Thread and a Qld Brew Day thread at that, right? And you know we don't ever ever talk real brewin' stuff on them yeah? It's just not the done thing. We have had a few brewers attempt to post recipes and alike over the years but thankfully they were brought to their senses sharply.

Your a Mexican so I guess we can forgive you? You've been conditioned over the years with boring detailed laiden prattle that yoou've probably forgotten how to have fun. You see we leave it up to you guys to have the boring informative threads while we spend our time try to find good pictures of half naked women...

Like thus...

bwls7_WHAT_TIME_IS_IT_CAMEL_TOE_TIME_D-s300x450-19217.jpg

Now you try it! :icon_cheers:

So you're back in the case swap now you've found time to brew Chappo :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers Ross

So you're back in the case swap now you've found time to brew Chappo :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers Ross

I guess so Ross, Yay!

Looks like it's gunna be a Golden Belgian too boot (plus if it's shite I can blame CM2 :ph34r: )

Any chance of you dragging your sorry ass out of that shop and dropping around for a couple of hours of beery R&R?

Chap Chap
Inshallah, I'll be along for 4 hours only (11.30 to 3.30) if someone can pick me up and drop me off at Bethania Station. :icon_cheers: I intend to get pissed, hence the public transport, and I've factored in an extra half hour on the way home for p stops (Central, Northgate, Caboolture - should just about manage it :ph34r: )

spend our time try to find good pictures of half naked women...
I thought that was saturday night!

govt departments tend to frown on their employees trawling for that sort of stuff whilst on govt computers. I'll just watch for the time being.

looking forward to meeting you blokes. even if you do think your cows will stop producing milk if you go to daylight savings.

Chap Chap
Inshallah, I'll be along for 4 hours only (11.30 to 3.30) if someone can pick me up and drop me off at Bethania Station. :icon_cheers: I intend to get pissed, hence the public transport, and I've factored in an extra half hour on the way home for p stops (Central, Northgate, Caboolture - should just about manage it :ph34r: )

Woot Bribie! Hey you can collect you cork pin board I keep forgetting to give back to you LOL!

Woot Bribie! Hey you can collect you cork pin board I keep forgetting to give back to you LOL!

You might want to hang onto it for the Argentinian or Ukranian hop buy when that happens.

Any chance of you dragging your sorry ass out of that shop and dropping around for a couple of hours of beery R&R?

Certainly hope to, but as we should have taken over our latest aquisition on that date, I may be otherwise engaged.

Cheers Ross

Latest posts

Back