ANHC Four - Merri Mashers representation?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pomsaleius

Reaction score
How many of us have been to the ANHC meetings before? I've been to all three so far and had an absolutely brilliant time! But I've always been a bit jealous of all the others who come as part of a club, and can legitimately participate in Club Night, etc.
I'd like to go again this year. The only catch is this year it's in Canberra.
Anyone else up for going? Maybe if the numbers are good we can organise some kind of club excursion? They are already asking for club interest. See http://anhc.com.au/index.php/latest-news/157-calling-all-clubs-be-part-of-your-australian-national-homebrew-conference

Kevin Hawley said:
How many of us have been to the ANHC meetings before? I've been to all three so far and had an absolutely brilliant time! But I've always been a bit jealous of all the others who come as part of a club, and can legitimately participate in Club Night, etc.
I'd like to go again this year. The only catch is this year it's in Canberra.
Anyone else up for going? Maybe if the numbers are good we can organise some kind of club excursion? They are already asking for club interest. See http://anhc.com.au/index.php/latest-news/157-calling-all-clubs-be-part-of-your-australian-national-homebrew-conference
? Put in the agenda (yes that's the agenda we don't have ) for the 25th

I wont be able to go to it, the speaker list looks fantastic though. I have heard an interview with Vinnie from Russian River, the dude knows his stuff about belgians, casks and sours.

Sounds sweet but it's hard for me to commit until a month or 2 before. Definitely interested though.

This could be a cracker!!!
I hope to go but can't commit quite yet - discuss at GN on the 25th

Bit more info on ANHC 2014

ANHC is in Canberra on 18th - 19th of October. http://www.anhc.com.au/

It is going to be held at University House http://www.anu.edu.au/unihouse/ / http://www.anhc.com.au/index.php/program/visit-canberra thats located at Australia National University (ANU).

ANU is located about 2k's from the Canberra CBD, I can possibly get some cheap rates for Crowne Plaza Canberra http://www.crowneplazacanberra.com.au/

University House has a bar / restarant and accomodation - odd's on this will fill up in a flash as it's the onsite accomodation but they do offer 2nd weekend night at 50% off - Twin Room is $146 / Night - so presuming
staying 2 nights (go up Fri come back Sunday) this is $219 / room and $109.50 per person if your prepared to share.

Regarding getting there - Euopcar 12 Seater Minivan $435 and includes 600km with extra Km @ 0.36/Km, as its 664 KM from Southern Cross Station to ANU thats a total of 1328 km thats $276.64 in Extra KM plus i guess $100 in fuel, in sumary $435 + $267 + $100 = $801 / 12 = $67 PP

Travel: $67
Accomodation: $110

Thats $177 each plus entry into ANHC - no reference to this anywhere - ???

I will put hand up to organise if this does take off - kicker is I don't want to be the driver!

Lets see who is keen and go from there

Would love to, but having a new born is likely to change all that… for the time being.

New_guy said:
Thats $177 each plus entry into ANHC - no reference to this anywhere - ???
Don't expect it to be 'cheap', it's a full on conference with gala dinner etc, but well worth the expense from my experience.

There are usually also different types of tickets depending on which and how many events you want to attend.

Hey Guys,

Saw this in the unread threads and thought I'd chime in with some details...

There will be come accommodation deals through a few places covering the gamut of accommodation options - cheap and cheerful to chiefly - near and far. These won't be booked through ANHC but will be released at the same time as tickets.

Final pricing is still to be announced, but you will have the option of just attending the conference, coming to the gala dinner, club night, etc.

There will be decent discounts for early bird purchasers.

To echo Florian, it is well worth the price of admission. The Canberra organisaing committee put our hands up for this as a result of an awesome education and social experience at previous conferences. I really can't wait!

I am interested in attending, but can't confirm yet. I would be happy driving the minibus part or all of the way.

We could stop in at Cheeky Peak or Bridge Rd for some regional beers on the way up and turn the drive into a tasting tour.

The chosen venue University House is very nice, relaxed, ambient. Ducks, grass, trees, ponds. It is the closest thing to a heritage-listed building in Canberra.

In regards to the bar, it is called the Fellows Bar and is the kind of "postgraduate ye olde wise scholar" bar on campus, in contrast to the ANU Bar which is the "let's get fukked 2nite bras!" pub on campus. Fellows Bar has the usual James Squire ales and Kosciuszko PA on tap, a large outdoor seating area, jazz on occasion and a fancy restaurant above it.

ANU is right beside the city which has a wide range of cheap Asian eats. If you plan on eating out but are on a budget you can get away with $10 for lunch and $15 for dinner (cheap for Canberra). Fellows Bar also does simple meals like roasts and fried rice.

You can walk from the venue to the Wig & Pen, Canberra's premier brew pub. However, it may have (already?) closed by then in preparation for the owners' new brewpub opening (by then?) in Braddon - which is still walking distance.

Forever Wort said:
I am interested in attending, but can't confirm yet. I would be happy driving the minibus part or all of the way.

We could stop in at Cheeky Peak or Bridge Rd for some regional beers on the way up and turn the drive into a tasting tour.

The chosen venue University House is very nice, relaxed, ambient. Ducks, grass, trees, ponds. It is the closest thing to a heritage-listed building in Canberra.

In regards to the bar, it is called the Fellows Bar and is the kind of "postgraduate ye olde wise scholar" bar on campus, in contrast to the ANU Bar which is the "let's get fukked 2nite bras!" pub on campus. Fellows Bar has the usual James Squire ales and Kosciuszko PA on tap, a large outdoor seating area, jazz on occasion and a fancy restaurant above it.

ANU is right beside the city which has a wide range of cheap Asian eats. If you plan on eating out but are on a budget you can get away with $10 for lunch and $15 for dinner (cheap for Canberra). Fellows Bar also does simple meals like roasts and fried rice.

You can walk from the venue to the Wig & Pen, Canberra's premier brew pub. However, it may have (already?) closed by then in preparation for the owners' new brewpub opening (by then?) in Braddon - which is still walking distance.
Thanks for the insider info Foverever Wort!
It is a bit challening to commit this far out (self included) - Wig and Pen looks good and they appear to be going strong as per FB

Comms from ANHC:

[SIZE=15pt]Get your comp on![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]It’s time again for the ANHC Homebrew Competition. This year’s conference theme is centred around the four ingredients: Water, Malt, Hops and Yeast.

But what’s the fifth ingredient? The fifth ingredient is YOU.

Send us your best alternative beer recipe and you could win conference tickets while your beer could be served up in front of the keenest amateur and professional brewers from around the country and around the world.

We’re still ironing out some of the finer details, but we wanted to give you as much notice as possible.

Full details are available on the ANHC competitions page.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15pt]Club Night[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]One main area we’ll need your help with is the Club Night on Saturday 18 Oct. Club night gives you the opportunity to meet with other brewers to swap beers, knowledge, innovations, and war stories.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]In keeping with the theme of ANHC Four we’ll have the four essential ingredients for any club night: competition, prizes, great food, and the best beers you can drink. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]We’ll be ramping up the club night plans and communication with you in earnest after tickets go on sale. We’ll work with you to arrange booths, logistics, and to connect smaller clubs and non club brewers to ensure everyone gets to enjoy the night. This year there will be a ‘club brew’ competition where each club can come together as a team and brew a great beer that will be up for an awesome prize on the night.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Whether you’re in a club or brewing solo, master brewer, or just getting started, you can’t miss club night.[/SIZE]

Kevin Hawley said:
Comms from ANHC:

Get your comp on!
It’s time again for the ANHC Homebrew Competition. This year’s conference theme is centred around the four ingredients: Water, Malt, Hops and Yeast.

But what’s the fifth ingredient? The fifth ingredient is YOU.

Send us your best alternative beer recipe and you could win conference tickets while your beer could be served up in front of the keenest amateur and professional brewers from around the country and around the world.

We’re still ironing out some of the finer details, but we wanted to give you as much notice as possible.

Full details are available on the ANHC competitions page.

Club Night
One main area we’ll need your help with is the Club Night on Saturday 18 Oct. Club night gives you the opportunity to meet with other brewers to swap beers, knowledge, innovations, and war stories.
In keeping with the theme of ANHC Four we’ll have the four essential ingredients for any club night: competition, prizes, great food, and the best beers you can drink.
We’ll be ramping up the club night plans and communication with you in earnest after tickets go on sale. We’ll work with you to arrange booths, logistics, and to connect smaller clubs and non club brewers to ensure everyone gets to enjoy the night. This year there will be a ‘club brew’ competition where each club can come together as a team and brew a great beer that will be up for an awesome prize on the night.
Whether you’re in a club or brewing solo, master brewer, or just getting started, you can’t miss club night.

Timt this sounds like your game

Latest posts

Back