Anhc 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any word on the dates for Nationals assuming these will run straight after/before ANHC?

The Nationals usually run as "part" of it. That is held at the same time and in the same place but the conference is a separate entitiy.
I think. :)

We should have confirmation of the AABC dates and location shortly. Most likely it will co-locate again, but that's for AABA to decide.

Cheers!

Andy

Article in the Age Epicure out today:
Scroll down to ANHC section

Says we can be expecting a visit from Firestone Walker's Matt Brynildson and Author Ray Daniels. :super:

Lookin' good!

Hopper
Good read hopper. guess the cat's out of the airlock now Andy, c'mon, who else is coming this year... I cant wait, going to be great.

So we are not only the "sporting" capital of Australia!

Lucky that sport and beer go together.

Damn - you've got me.

Was hoping to have the website up and a few things announced before this got to print - you win some you loose some.

Yep - we're really excited to have Matt and Ray on board. That said, I'm hoping that it's only the start of some great news around this year's conference.

More news soon - keep your eyes peeled :)

Andy

Is this a gee-up?

I'm serious, because I really want to go to this one. Missed the last one and regretted it ever since.

The Age article was published on the 22nd of Feb 2012 and gave a link to the ANHC website, which is still for 2010 - confusing to say the least for those interested. Considering that the 2010 conference was officially announced on that website in 2009 (almost a full year before the actual conference), with only 6 months to go this 2012 conference has yet to have an official announcement.

You need to register to receive info from the anhc committee for the next conference.
Hopefully Andy can give an update on the progress with anhc three.

Cheers,

Phil

If you thought the Australian homebrewing scene couldnt get stronger, brace yourself as ANHC three is launched... tripel strength!
In 2012 be prepared for more international speakers, more special interest sessions and more beery goodness!!!!
Start booking the leave, packing the suit case and most importantly working up an appetite for the beer extravaganza of the year. We can confirm the event will again be held at the prestigious William Angliss Institute, Melbourne, October 25th 27th 2012.
Were working hard to deliver a completely new website expected to be launched in the coming weeks where more will be revealed. For now, follow us on Twitter at @anhcthree where we may just trickle a confirmed speaker or three.

You're receiving ANHC email because you've registered at http://anhc.com.au. If you would like to be removed from our mailing list, please reply to this email with the subject line of UNSUBSCRIBE.

Is this a gee-up?

I'm serious, because I really want to go to this one. Missed the last one and regretted it ever since.

The Age article was published on the 22nd of Feb 2012 and gave a link to the ANHC website, which is still for 2010 - confusing to say the least for those interested. Considering that the 2010 conference was officially announced on that website in 2009 (almost a full year before the actual conference), with only 6 months to go this 2012 conference has yet to have an official announcement.

:chug: :D

This was also sent out at the start of the month.

Were Back!

Planning for the next ANHC in October is well underway and the Committee is working hard to make the next Conference bigger and better than the last. Aside from our international keynote speakers we have a few places wed like to fill with the next generation of home grown home brewing rock stars. Last time we discovered the extraordinary talents of Dan Walker, make sure you're next!
This time round we are looking for presentations in a couple of areas the punters were screaming out for more of:
Firstly, for those tinkerers that have made an interesting bit of brewing gear we want to know about it. The New Brew Inventors will be judged at this years conference and some exciting prizes await those that are selected to be judged for the best bit of home made home brew kit at anhc three.
Secondly for those mad scientists among us its time to throw on the lab coat and get experimenting. Have you been comparing different yeast strains, chill versus no chill, or something related to brewing which has always puzzled you? Then let us know. Again, you guessed it, more prizes await those selected to present their findings at ANHC three.
Please email the following details to the program committee chairman John Preston:

Gear or Experiment:
Individual / Club:
Name:
Contact phone/email:
Closing date for submissions: Monday 30 April 2012
Send to [email protected]

Program Committee
For more information or to discuss your input, please contact the program Chairman: John Preston on 03 9687 0061, [email protected]

You have received this email from ANHC because you're registered at http://anhc.com.au. If you would like to be removed from our mailing list, please reply to this email with the subject line of UNSUBSCRIBE.

You need to register to receive info from the anhc committee for the next conference.
Hopefully Andy can give an update on the progress with anhc three.

Cheers,

Phil

If you thought the Australian homebrewing scene couldnt get stronger, brace yourself as ANHC three is launched... tripel strength!
In 2012 be prepared for more international speakers, more special interest sessions and more beery goodness!!!!
Start booking the leave, packing the suit case and most importantly working up an appetite for the beer extravaganza of the year. We can confirm the event will again be held at the prestigious William Angliss Institute, Melbourne, October 25th 27th 2012.
Were working hard to deliver a completely new website expected to be launched in the coming weeks where more will be revealed. For now, follow us on Twitter at @anhcthree where we may just trickle a confirmed speaker or three.

You're receiving ANHC email because you've registered at http://anhc.com.au. If you would like to be removed from our mailing list, please reply to this email with the subject line of UNSUBSCRIBE.

anhc3.png

Hey folks,

Sorry about the radio silence. We've had a few hiccups with the website (the joys of outsourcing work...), but the guys think they'll be on top of it once the principle returns from his Honeymoon...

In the meantime, a bit of small update: We can confirm the conference will again be held at the prestigious William Angliss Institute, Melbourne, October 25th 27th 2012. Were working hard to deliver a completely new website expected to be launched in the coming weeks where more will be revealed. For now, follow us on Twitter at @anhcthree where we may just trickle a confirmed speaker or three, beyond what you have here.

Also, weve sent two email messages over the last week the first a call for local talent by way of presenters and a second with confirmation of dates and twitter account. If you had previously registered at our anhc.com.au website and did not receive email from us, you will want to re-register with a current working email address at: http://tinyurl.com/bmehnjx

Be sure to drop an email to [email protected] if you require information on the call for local presenters. Of course, feel free to drop me a PM for more information, too.

Start booking the leave, packing the suit case and most importantly working up an appetite for the beer extravaganza of the year.

May your brews be good brews!

Andy

looks like I'll only be able to attend one day of ANHC, not due to work on the 26th but because of SWMBO's B'day.

Looks like I am going to have to wait another 2 years to get to an ANHC. My wife and I are expecting our first child......on the 27th October.

Me: "Don't worry...I'm only 3 hours away if you go into labour. I can be there in no time."

Wife: "ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!??!?! YOU WILL BE OFF YOUR FACE. HOW CAN I SCREAM AT YOU DURING BIRTH IF YOU ARE DEAD FROM CRASHING ON THE WAY BACK??"

Jokes aside, if I had to miss ANHC, I couldn't think of a better thing to miss it for :)

Looks like I am going to have to wait another 2 years to get to an ANHC. My wife and I are expecting our first child......on the 27th October.
Me: "Don't worry...I'm only 3 hours away if you go into labour. I can be there in no time."
Wife: "ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!??!?! YOU WILL BE OFF YOUR FACE. HOW CAN I SCREAM AT YOU DURING BIRTH IF YOU ARE DEAD FROM CRASHING ON THE WAY BACK??"
Jokes aside, if I had to miss ANHC, I couldn't think of a better thing to miss it for :)

Plonk her in a hotel in the city. At least she will be close to the royal women's! ;)

feel your pain... my first is due 10/10/12 and I have already been informed that it would be a huge leave pass to be granted... still working on it though :ph34r:

At least I did get to the last event...

feel your pain... my first is due 10/10/12 and I have already been informed that it would be a huge leave pass to be granted... still working on it though :ph34r:

At least I did get to the last event...

Ask barls for tips on getting the all clear. I haven't had the stones to ask yet.

In other news, seems like January was a busy month for AHBers....

yeah ive been told yes with my first born due early oct. we will see how it pans out though

Latest posts

Back