Anhc 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess who just got confirmation from SWMBO of what their birthday present will be. B)

First i get to use the new walk in pantry for the bulk of my grain storage.
Second ive been given the garage as free reign for brewing use.
Third I'm getting hooked up with ANHC tickets for my birthday.

...shit, i hope she's not pregnant! :unsure:

Guess who just got confirmation from SWMBO of what their birthday present will be. B)

A silver lining mate - you got yourself a lil' brew assistant. Great news, thanks for the scoop! congrats to the missus to bro!

gallery_7217_880_4691.jpg

So tickets are on sale on the 5th....
Any chance of a sneek peek on cost and packages, AndyD ????
Ferg

Hey guys. Haven't been on this forum long but am enjoying all of the info.
Have you guys seen the packages and prices on the ANHC site?
I'm in Sydney and planning a road trip down to melbs with a mate. Will stop by a few breweries on the way too.
Looking forward to this years conference and enjoying lots of beers and meeting fellow brewers:)
Can't wait!

Here is some info i got off the new site....

This year's conference packages will be broken down as follows (please note these are indicative and subject to change prior to release):

Beginner Sessions Only ($99): Access to the introductory sessions being held for beginners on Saturday.

Conference Sessions Only ($290): Access to the main conference sessions held on Friday and Saturday.

Beginners Experience ($199): Access to the introductory sessions held for beginners on Saturday along with access to the Gala Awards dinner on Friday night and Club Night on Saturday night.

Full Package (Early bird: $380, Full price $440): Access to the main conference sessions on Friday and Saturday, the Gala Awards dinner on Friday night and Club Night on Saturday night.

Gala Awards Dinner ($120): Access to the Gala Awards dinner on Friday night - an event not to be missed.

Club Night ($40): Access to the fully catered for, bigger than ever Club Night on Saturday night.

Tickets on sale Thursday July 5th at 5PM.

Here is some info i got off the new site....

This year's conference packages will be broken down as follows (please note these are indicative and subject to change prior to release):

Beginner Sessions Only ($99): Access to the introductory sessions being held for beginners on Saturday.

Conference Sessions Only ($290): Access to the main conference sessions held on Friday and Saturday.

Beginners Experience ($199): Access to the introductory sessions held for beginners on Saturday along with access to the Gala Awards dinner on Friday night and Club Night on Saturday night.

Full Package (Early bird: $380, Full price $440): Access to the main conference sessions on Friday and Saturday, the Gala Awards dinner on Friday night and Club Night on Saturday night.

Gala Awards Dinner ($120): Access to the Gala Awards dinner on Friday night - an event not to be missed.

Club Night ($40): Access to the fully catered for, bigger than ever Club Night on Saturday night.

Tickets on sale Thursday July 5th at 5PM.

My Mrs wants to head down to Melbourne that week fortunately. I've been brewing for a few years and am pretty happy with my beers. Not part of a club too. Any recommendations for what kind of package might suit me? What would I miss in the main conference sessions?

What's club night on Saturday night? For club members only or is it open to everyone?

$40 Hey? FULLY catered? So they're putting on the beer instead of the clubs?
I think you will find that the clubs will be putting on the beer , as they have in the past....
I reckon there is gonna be food this year !

I'm hoping to get the all clear from SWMBO to attend both conference sessions, even that is going to be a push considering its her b'day on the Friday.

I think you will find that the clubs will be putting on the beer , as they have in the past....
I reckon there is gonna be food this year !
Spit-roast and stuff so I hear ... they must be paying attention to what is planned for the case-swap. ;)

What's club night on Saturday night? For club members only or is it open to everyone?

Its a showcase for homebrew clubs both local and those who care to make the trip to Melbourne. Plus of course, a bit of a party :)

Each club sets up a stall/area for themselves, dresses up silly, bungs on a bunch of beers that they're proud enough of that they want to show them off. You take your glass and wander from club to club trying their wares and meeting the members.... nature takes its course and people end up doing many amusing things.

This year we're charging a bit of cash, but also whacking on some food, and we're opening it up to more people who dont necessarily have to be from a club themselves - that way new and prospective brewers get to meet the various clubs and visa versa, plus be exposed to a really wide variety of top class homebrew.

It are a top night indeed.. come along and watch my club make all the others look like a pack of cub-scouts with a lemonade stand (again)

(Note: the evening also provides a chance to engage in a little friendly interclub rivalry)

My Mrs wants to head down to Melbourne that week fortunately. I've been brewing for a few years and am pretty happy with my beers. Not part of a club too. Any recommendations for what kind of package might suit me? What would I miss in the main conference sessions?

Its a killer program this year - the theme this year is triple strength, and I reckon the program we have lined up is triple strength indeed.

Which pakage is best for you? Well, i think going all out is the best idea. If you are a beginner or perhaps a kit/extract brewer looking to ramp up, or even a brewer who's been into it for a few years but hasn't pushed any boundaries, then maybe the begginers packages are for you - otherwise if you want to hear about brewing at its very best and all it can be, from absolute masters of the art, then go the full conference package. In either case I'd be taking up the dinner and club night options, both are just top nights and not to be missed.

Keep an eye on the website - more details of the program and more presenters will be being put up over the next little while. It only gets better.

TB

btw - if it wasn't obvious. I'm affiliated with ANHC this year. But wont be arm twisted into divulging our little secrets just yet.... the guys who are responsible would kick my rear.

btw - if it wasn't obvious. I'm affiliated with ANHC this year. But wont be arm twisted into divulging our little secrets just yet.... the guys who are responsible would kick my rear.
But Thirsty,...
I was building the shelves whilst you and Geoff were talking about your presentation....
Peeps...i could probably be bought for beer....alot of beer :lol: ....however
JP would probably kick my rear too :lol:
Suffice to say...come 5pm tomorrow , I'm buying tickets....now swimbo and i are gonna have a chat in between the commercials for House.....wish me luck to convince her to let me do the full monty ;) ( and no...i'm not getting down to undies with a hops sticker oon it)
Oh....and Lemonaide stand huh ??? Westgate have something very special planned....The War ? don't mention it...Westgate have it in the bag...We might be cub scouts...but at least we are not girl guides :ph34r:

Which pakage is best for you? Well, i think going all out is the best idea....... I'd be taking up the dinner and club night options, both are just top nights and not to be missed.

agreed. if you're starting out you will come away exploding with info -ok that'll probably happen if you are more experienced - but its an inspirational event.

come on thirsty - you know you want to / would like it ;) :ph34r: looking forward to seeing you (& many others) again

:beer:

croz

Latest posts

Back