Anhc 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Folks,

Just a heads up for anyone organizing state qualifiers for AABC this year.

As we have in the past we're still supporting the best and brightest homebrewers in the country by offering a free Alpha Amylase package to the Champion Brewer in each state qualifier.

Just get in touch and we'll organize details.

As in the past, the fine print is that the competition must have a minimum of 10 distinct brewers entering to qualify for this, but that shouldn't pose a problem in most cases.

Good luck everyone!

May your brews be good brews...

Andy

Hi Andy

I can't seem to find the venue details on the website - looking at sorting out accommodation etc

Also in terms of conference days the dates listed are 25-27 October but I can only find reference to the Friday and Saturday in terms of what's on

Is there anything happening on the 25th (Thursday)?

Cheers

@Cortez - I sent a similar PM to Thirsty Boy, also looking at accomodation options within stumbling distance from venue. :chug:

It's at the Ingliss Institute.

We booked at the George Powlett, it was the cheapest without looking too dodgy. 3.5km away.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for that - I'd received a call out from G&G too that people were asking the same question. Bugger of an oversight, so sorry.

Just by way of confirmation, everyone's been right - the main guts of the conference will be at the William Angliss Conference Centre.

Cheers!

Andy

Andy, a question a few others may wish (or may have) to pose .. is there provision for people to attend only on Saturday - the day time sessions and the Saturday night? I can't make it to Melbourne until saturday morning ..... is there a one day ticket?

Andy, a question a few others may wish (or may have) to pose .. is there provision for people to attend only on Saturday - the day time sessions and the Saturday night? I can't make it to Melbourne until saturday morning ..... is there a one day ticket?
you bringing infected beer again fatz :D :D :D

Also in terms of conference days the dates listed are 25-27 October but I can only find reference to the Friday and Saturday in terms of what's on

Is there anything happening on the 25th (Thursday)?

Cheers

I'd like to know this as well, what's happening on Thursday?

FGZ - Unfortunately the committee has opted to stay out of the Saturday only area, worried that people might want to go to both days but miss out because the capacity of the two days is the same (i.e. we'd have empty seats on the Friday). I'll rais it at the meeting next week for you.

Those asking about Thursday, there are two functions on:

1) Judging of AABC (in the morning)
2) The are two welcome functions on Thursday, one in the afternoon and one in the evening. The details are still under wraps, but should become available in the next week.

Andy

Its at William Angliss in melbourne CBD.Trams pass the door and railway station is handy also.Try booking.com might give you some ideas on where to stay.

The Harbourview Apartments are real close, the Sophia Hotel does accomodation as well

Ok so tickets only for Friday and Saturday sessions, but anyone can come to the Thursday functions??

Ok so tickets only for Friday and Saturday sessions, but anyone can come to the Thursday functions??

Both are open house, but conference delegates will gain free entry for both events...

Andy

Like a lot, yep, was looking forward to going to Perth (haven't been there yet).

That said, without crawling too far up Andy's arse, ANHC 2008 & 2010 were brilliantly run events and you know that if he says 2012 will be better, you can believe it. Sadly for everyone, I will be there again in 2012.

Where's Bonj when we need him .. how many sleeps to go Bonj?
What have I been doing? Shirking my duties it seems!

Re: Accomodation and Interstate travellers

Noting we brewers enjoy being frugal, I note nearby backpackers have reasonable rates around $50 per person per night in share rooms 4, 6, 8 etc dorms.

Whom here is keen to book similar accomodation? I ask as I would rather dorm with fellow brewers than total random strangers... plus I have met a few of you good people already (Fatz, BribieG, etc)

Thoughts?

im sorry you met fatz. on behalf of isb we dont know him :lol: :lol: :lol:

im sorry you met fatz. on behalf of isb we dont know him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep that up Barls and I may become an ACT brewer again for state titles !

Twice now I've stayed at the Backpackers Lodge down from The Angliss building. Get a room with a toilet! It's not the snoring that bothered us - Jayse talked in his sleep and Wolfie's uncle had a flatuence problem. I'd recommend the rooms there - you don't get much time (or sleep) in the room at an ANHC, its more a safe place to store gear.

I may only be in town for the Club Night this year (got a Friday night wedding .. no not mine) to attend, so if a share room comes up, I'm game.

The Harbourview Apartments are real close, the Sophia Hotel does accomodation as well

a few of us BABBs guys are staying at the Best Western Atlantis just around the corner from the venue. With 3 in a family room, it works out at about $75 per night/person. Ok for a 4 star hotel.

Cheers - Snow

Latest posts

Back