Anhc 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a few of us BABBs guys are staying at the Best Western Atlantis just around the corner from the venue. With 3 in a family room, it works out at about $75 per night/person. Ok for a 4 star hotel.

Cheers - Snow
Who's going from BABBs this year, Snow?

Keep that up Barls and I may become an ACT brewer again for state titles !
please dont destroy their chances by doing that, mate.

on a serious note, with the smash beers. does it count if the malt starts off as a single type and is modified by me. say pilsner modified to be come smoke malt or something similar then added back to a pilsner base.

please dont destroy their chances by doing that, mate.

on a serious note, with the smash beers. does it count if the malt starts off as a single type and is modified by me. say pilsner modified to be come smoke malt or something similar then added back to a pilsner base.

not unless you can do it in the mash tun....

keep it simple & take the sysmash philosophy at face value.

You could very lightly smoke all your malt to achieve the same effect though, plus remember the object is that its a collaborative brew for your club more than an individual effort.

Just purchased my ticket for Friday and Saturday sessions only, being SWMBO's B'day on the Saturday thats all I will get away with.

Looking forward to learning from some great brewers.

A question about the Beginner Packages.

The site claims the "Beginner Experience" package gets you:
Access to the introductory sessions held for beginners on Saturday along with access to the Gala Awards dinner on Friday night and Club Night on Saturday night.​
Does this include all sessions on the Saturday, or is it a cut-down program?

This seems like an ideal option for me, not only is it cheaper, I also don't have to take an additional (unpaid) day off work.

Who's going from BABBs this year, Snow?
Sorry mate - just saw your post :D

Kris is going. I think Mark, Dave, and a bunch og other guys whos names I don't know. A fair contingent, anyways.

What about you?

Cheers - Snow.

Wish I could go... not looking likely though *sigh*

Sorry mate - just saw your post :D

Kris is going. I think Mark, Dave, and a bunch og other guys whos names I don't know. A fair contingent, anyways.

What about you?

Cheers - Snow.
I was very seriously considering it, but decided not to this time.

You decided, Ben?

:ph34r:

You decided, Ben?

:ph34r:
:lol:
Actually, yes. SWMBO was pretty well going out of her way to make it happen, but I decided to do other things with the money.... ever shifting priorities...

A question about the Beginner Packages.

The site claims the "Beginner Experience" package gets you:
Access to the introductory sessions held for beginners on Saturday along with access to the Gala Awards dinner on Friday night and Club Night on Saturday night.​
Does this include all sessions on the Saturday, or is it a cut-down program?

This seems like an ideal option for me, not only is it cheaper, I also don't have to take an additional (unpaid) day off work.

Its a separate program specifically for brewers closer to the start (in time and/or technique) of their brewing career. Not everyone is a long time AG brewer who wants to roll around in the intricacies of mash bio-chemistry - some people just need to know how to take the next step to improve their beer.

Keep an eye out on the ANHC site, more details about the beginners program are on the way, you'll see what I mean.

It doesn't however include access to the main program sessions.

TB

Won't be buying tickets until their site processes credit card transactions over HTTPS............otherwise it is sending credit card data unencrypted over the wire.

Won't be buying tickets until their site processes credit card transactions over HTTPS............otherwise it is sending credit card data unencrypted over the wire.

The site definitely processes CC over SSL/HTTPS
https://www.anhc.com.au/index.php/2012/buy-...ference-tickets

What browser are you using, version and o/s? Even if you try to enter a non-encrypted address/ http: eg http://www.anhc.com.au/index.php/2012/buy-conference-tickets you're not able to do so; page resolves to https://

reVox

edit: see attached
encryption.jpg

Cheers

Attachments

• AHNC_HTTPSj.jpg
    AHNC_HTTPSj.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 22
Bought ticket and have room at Flagstaff as well for myself and another Corio Bay Brewer...

Whooo hooooo

Just had a quick look at the program and noticed that there are heaps of overlapping sessions in 2 different locations.

Does that basically mean that we have to decide which sessions to attend, change back and forth between rooms and miss sessions in the other rooms?

Or is one room dedicated to the beginner sessions? (Doesn't look it)

Just had a quick look at the program and noticed that there are heaps of overlapping sessions in 2 different locations.

Does that basically mean that we have to decide which sessions to attend, change back and forth between rooms and miss sessions in the other rooms?

Or is one room dedicated to the beginner sessions? (Doesn't look it)

This year in order to cram more goodness into the conference in the days that we have, we will be running some special interest sessions in parallel and yes, you'll have to make some tough choices :) but we think it's worth us being able to accommodate more speakers than we have previously.

Hopefully we can video it all again, so if you miss one and really want to see it....

Cheers,

Q

Latest posts

Back