Anawbs 2005 Resulsts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crispy said:
Well done to all who entered, the organisers...and the winemakers

Was a good arvo, just wish I wasn't driving....all that wine for tasting and so little time.....taxi next year...lol
[post="83274"][/post]​

Oh no! The man with the digital camera!

Full results are on line now.

Although numbers where a bit down this year, overall quality is siginificantly up as is marked by the number and calibre of medals. We changed things around quite drastically this year, and did not necessarily give enough warning to people.

The 2006 style guidelines, including details of the next mash paddle, will be posted soon - and they will be incorporated with the mailing, to all of this years entrants, of the full results booklet in a few weeks time.

Once again, many thanks to all who entered, judged, sponsored or helped.

I look forward to many more AHB entries in 2006.

awrabest, stu

seeing my name at least lets me know the entries arrived safe and sound.looking forward to the feed back to plan my next assault.hopefully with better results :rolleyes:

cheers
big d

Interesting - got 2nd place (bronze) in the Canberra comp with my Alt & it absolutly bombed in SA - The tasting notes should reveal all, infection maybe.... :)

yeah my wheat beer was a good beer.

It scored a place in this comp but bombed in the NSW state comp.

I must admit that i experienced about 3 or 4 bad bottles in the batch so must have sent a bad one to the state comp.

Oh well, have learnt my lesson with wheat beers, steralise everythin........... twice as much :)

I an so greatfull to all organisers of these comps. Thank you all :beerbang:

I cant believe my sucess in these comps, no real gold medal performances but a consistant tally accross the board, and all in my first year :)

cant wait to see what the next mash paddle is :)

I thought there would have been more mash paddle enteries???

oh well.

cheers all

Tony said:
[post="83507"][/post]​

I think the mash paddle suffered a little from the change in dates. I know of a number of brewers (this one included) who had brewed for the earlier date but didn't enter or rebrew for the later date.

The new paddle will be announced soon, and once the date is set it will not be changed.

put me down as a was gonna brew a mash paddle.one thing led to another and i never brewed it.oh well theres always next year.

wee stu said:
Tony said:
[post="83507"][/post]​

I think the mash paddle suffered a little from the change in dates. I know of a number of brewers (this one included) who had brewed for the earlier date but didn't enter or rebrew for the later date.

And I know some other brewers who had written off their first mash paddle brew, but rebrewed (with some success) once the new date was announced. :D

Yes, Kai, well done mate! :p

I actually brewed my mash paddle ages ago, to give it 2 months conditioning for the first date, so it was way past it's prime for the ANAWBS. I'm pretty surprised it ended up in the middle of the field.

- Snow

So is this comp related to Sabsosa?
Do you qualify for the finals if you place in either?

johnno

Congratulations Ross on the APA.

Is there any chance of starting a thread and the guys who had beers that placed posting their recipes?

Cheers
Jye

Not related at all.
ANAWBS is a separate event to the AABA competition series.
The AABA championship will be judged this weekend.

johnno said:
So is this comp related to Sabsosa?
Do you qualify for the finals if you place in either?

johnno
[post="83660"][/post]​

As Brad said - totally separate.
ANAWBS is a stand alone, nationally open comp which has been running for 26 years. There is no qualifying, but brewers from all states are welcome to enter.

Best of luck to all the AABA finalists this weekend.

Hi fellow brewers,
Ive just joined this site as recommended by wee stu. May i also say congrats to all anawbs winners, turned out to be a top day. Hopefully the mash paddle is more flexible next year, as i avoid bottling into plastic.

Happy brewing,
Mudsta
:beerbang:

Welcome aboard mudsta, good to see another SA all grainer join the forum :super:

If it wasnt for the anawbs i would of never found out where the S.A.
mash brewers hide. Cheers!!!!

Latest posts

Back