Anawbs 2007 Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Rob, hope we get to see a few more as well.

Cheers
Andrew

or was it a one horse race :D
Not a one horse race. This year there were 31 label entries in the two classes, though as far as I can tell only one beer label in the place getters.

Attached is one of my abysmal failures this year. A strange case of "hand made labels, award winning beers!" . The "sexist" nature of the material was not appreciated by the judges :( It was a play on "mild"ly amusing - hence titter.........

Oh well, at least the beer aged better than the label did :lol:

titter.jpg

Well done to all the winners! Some pretty high scores in the placings, but wouldn't expect any less.

Mash paddle looked very close!

I'll have to brew a bit more next year, that way I can have some beer to enter next year... nothing to enter this year.

Any word on what the mash paddle will be for the next comp?

post up my beer label as it won the modern label comp with a score of 18/20 and a silver medal.
Rob.

:D

Well done Rob. I always liked your label a lot.

nice sig as well :D

cheers
johnno

Jebus...I managed to get pipped at the post with a 4th place silver and a 7th place bronze for my Kolsch entries!

Far exceeded my own expectations :eek: .

Jebus...I managed to get pipped at the post with a 4th place silver and a 7th place bronze for my Kolsch entries!

Far exceeded my own expectations :eek: .
Congratulations and commiserations at the same time. The paddle is always a tough comp. I got fifth place and a silver last year from memory and about twelfth and a bronze this year. Kolsch is not an easy style to do well either.

cheers, not phased at all by the result cause it was my first foray into a comp and my second attempt at brewing that particular style. Pretty stoked about it actually. :D

For those who have been waiting patiently, there has been a delay in getting the results booklet printed.

A death in the family of the show's President put things on hold.

The results have now been lodged with the printer and should be back to us and posted out, with scoresheets, trophies etc, in the next fortnight.

Apologies for the delay, some eventualities you cannot, and would not want to be able to, plan for.

To David, best wishes and condolences from all your friends at ANAWBS

Received my judges sheets today and there pretty good, the best ones dont have a name on them but came from the USA1 class.

Great job all round and it was great to see some comments that confirm what I was already thinking about a couple of my beers... I think Im learning :blink: :D

Cheers
Jye :beer:

Got my sheets as well. (Along with a monolith. :lol: )

There were some very useful comments from Jayse and some of the other judges. Some of the sheets were a little sparse though, with some rather bizarre comments. :huh:

Anyway, thanks to the judges and the organisers for a well run comp. Some interesting categories in the wine entries. Good to see one guy do so well in the mead section that he snagged places 1 to 9. :lol:

Mine came in the mail today too. (Thanks to all at ANAWBS)

The comments were all spot on (boy were they, after trying some of my entry beers last night, glad I didn't enter them in the Nationals, just too far over the hill for some) with only a couple of little surprises that I didn't expect.

Thanks to everyone associated, for another great comp.

me too.

great to get some feedback on some entires that I was unsure about to begin with.

Was also a pretty good package sent back in the post.

Got my score sheets, trophy and certificate last night. Very impressed! Thanks again to all involved.

Cheers to Jayse for the in depth feedback, I appreciate the effort. The rest of my scoresheets seemed very light on with comments though unfortunately.

All the best,

JS.

A box full of monoliths and medals and judging sheets showed up today for me too.

Many thanks to the organisers and judges.

Any hints on what might be the paddle beer for next year?

Same here,

Box with rocks, medals and score sheets arrived on Thursday.

Feedback was generally good. The odd sheet was more or less just scores and single words, but most were pretty enlightening. Jayse - yours was the best of them. Great comments. Thanks.

Also scored a Chillout MKIII as a prize for the mash paddle... its freakin awsome. Cant wait to try it out. Thanks to Mashmaster for sponsoring the paddle

And of course, the Paddle itself came - will be christening it in the brew thats being put down at the Vic x-mas case swap day tomorrow (well, later today actually)

I am bloody stoked all over again. Never won a trophy/prize/medal for anything before in my life. Feeling pretty chuffed at the fact that I have to make some room on one of the bookcases to serve as a trophy shelf. I shall be ambitious and clear more room than required for this lot.. I shall attempt to win more things, I like it :icon_cheers:

Thanks again to wee stu and everyone else at the ANAWBS.

Cheers

Thirsty

Still patiently waiting for the postie to arrive over this side of the country.

Cheers
Big D

Got my box of presents in the mail too.

The trophies and medals look cool! Thanks again to all involved with ANAWBS 2008. Looking forward to next years comp. :icon_cheers:

Thanks for all the goodies, Xmas has already come, shall we all don our medals at the next ISB meet? :p
I'm gonna need a glass cabinet for all this stuff, the missus said "you can put all that stuff in the garage with your brewing equipment" :angry:
Now what to do with those hop aroma extracts.... <_<

Finally arrived yesterday.Blown away by the trophy.Sensational stuff so once again thanks to all involved and will be entering again next year.

Cheers
Big D

Latest posts

Back