Qabc 2010 - Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ross
Im not desperate for results, but my family and friends are. If you could please scan/email me it would be much appreciated. Thanks, Joe Prout.
Joe,
If it's just the results you are after then they are back on the first page of the thread.
If you haven't looked you should ;)

Hi Ross
Im not desperate for results, but my family and friends are. If you could please scan/email me it would be much appreciated. Thanks, Joe Prout.

So you are the Brewer that brewed that doppelbock hey. Well congratulations, I hope you don't mind my enthusiasm when you read your score sheet! It was one of the last of the day for me. Hope you have a bottle for the nationals.

cheers

Browndog

Pissale would get behind anything to get his pic in the paper!!!

I reckon he would get behind 'Piss Ale' :lol:

Piss-Ale Dubbel
Piss-Ale Trippel

Liam it's a shoe in (get him to do the finance) :super:

For those out of area, Mr Brown is of course browndog and Liam is The Scientist - and BDs American Pale Ale is f*n nectar - Liam will no doubt be treating us to a Belgian or three as tomorrow night at BABBs is Belgian mini comp :icon_chickcheers:

I would love to treat you all to some of the BOS Tripel but unfortunatly I have one bottle left, which will be going to the AABC. This is unless Ross saved the extra bottle entered into the QABC for BOS judging? If so hope I can enter it into the BABBs mini comp tonight :rolleyes:

Cheers,

TS

So you are the Brewer that brewed that doppelbock hey. Well congratulations, I hope you don't mind my enthusiasm when you read your score sheet! It was one of the last of the day for me. Hope you have a bottle for the nationals.

cheers

Browndog

Thanks Browndog
Glad it was appreciated. Found it very hard to part with the beer. I have had a few bottles aging for nearly 18 months now. It placed third in Vicbrew last year, when I was living in Melbourne. They then travelled safely back home with me to Rocky. I made sure I kept enough to enter into the Nationals, on the chance it would place again. I think there will only be one left after that. There is no better feeling then being rewarded for the effort that goes into brewing special beers.
Congratulations to all other brewers who entered.

Guys, I missed babbs this week, does anyone know if/what are the prizes are for this year?

Champion Brewer gets to brew one of his beers at CraftBrewer & put on tap at the Platform Bar, ANHC Platinum package, plus $300.
Champion beer gets $300
All catergory winners get a free sack of grain
2nd placers get $20 gift vouchers from Brewers Choice

Cheers Ross

Champion Brewer gets to brew one of his beers at CraftBrewer & put on tap at the Platform Bar, ANHC Platinum package, plus $300.
Champion beer gets $300
All catergory winners get a free sack of grain
2nd placers get $20 gift vouchers from Brewers Choice

Cheers Ross
Hi Ross
Thats a nice prize. Any idea of when score sheets will be delivered? How and when will this sack of grain arrive? I would hate for it to be dropped off by a courier in the rain and be ruined.
Any chance of the sack of grain getting a little squiggle on it (Frist Prize to ....) so that I can hang it up behind the bar when it is finished as a momento?
Joe

Hey guys,

Got my feedback today. Just wanted to say thanks to the judges and to the organising committee for doing such a good job.

Cheers
Starkesbier

Hey guys,

Got my feedback today. Just wanted to say thanks to the judges and to the organising committee for doing such a good job.

Cheers
Starkesbier
That sounds promising. Hope the rest of the results reach the brewers soon.

Hi Guys,

If you gained a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in the QABC it has qualified you for entry to the AABC competition to be held at the end of this month hopefully by now you have all received your score sheets and are ready to kick the nationals in to gear. Those who did qualify should have recieved an email from me, hoever if you didn't then you either did not supply an email address or after consulting the Dead Sea Scrolls I was unable to decipher the email address on your entry form. So below is the gist of what was in the email:

To get your entries to the competition you have two options:

1. If you are a BABBS member you can drop off or post your bottle to CraftBrewer at Capalaba for receiving no later than Saturday 9th October and they will be sent down from there. Please note that if using this method your bottle must be packed in such a way that it will handle the journey south in a crate with other bottles. There will be no repacking at CraftBrewer and all bottles travel at your risk so make sure you pack them well!

2. Send your entries straight to the competition for judging (address details follow) please note that all entries must arrive no later than Saturday 16th October

I've attached the entry form for your reference. Please pay particular note to the instructions as a lot of the entries we got for the QABC were outside the guidelines and we don't want the national guys penalising any of our entries.

Deliver entries to:

AABC2010

c/o Grain and Grape

5/280 Whitehall St

Yarraville VIC 3013

Please let me know ASAP if you are not sending your beer down as that will enable the next person in the list to send their beer in its place.

Cheers guys and good luck to all,

Neil

View attachment EntryFormAABC2010.pdf

Thanks Neil, I will send direct, as dropping my re-brewed Aus lager off to CB would only give me a 4 day lagering period, and I prefer to give it the full lagering of 10 days that is a requirement of the style. :lol:

Received my score sheets about a week ago Stillscottish didn't get the prizes though.
Anyone else miss theirs as well?

Got my sheets and certs maybe a week ago.

Just wondered if all the score sheets etc have been posted out. My mailbox is lonely :(

Campbell, they didn't have your address - I have your score sheets in the shop, I'll get them posted for you.

cheers Ross

Just wondering what's the deal with regard to category winners? I believe there's a sack of grain as the prize? Are we limited to specific brands/types, and how do we arrange pickup/delivery etc?

Cheers

I'll be contacting all winners, just been a little snowed under with work.

BB ale, pilsner or wheat. Pick up CraftBrewer. If you can't collect there's the option of a $30 in store credit.

Cheers Ross

I'll be contacting all winners, just been a little snowed under with work.

BB ale, pilsner or wheat. Pick up CraftBrewer. If you can't collect there's the option of a $30 in store credit.

Cheers Ross

OK, Cool, thanks Ross.

Cheers

Campbell, they didn't have your address - I have your score sheets in the shop, I'll get them posted for you.

cheers Ross

I believe that Campbell is living under a tarp ATM (and not good weather for it) :p

Latest posts

Back