• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Amarillo Hops (anyone Interested)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back Yard Brewer

I HAVE A WIFE THAT UNDERSTANDS
Reaction score
Just trying to gauge interest on this one. I have a mate in the states atm and he has offered to send back some Amarillo 2008. Cost would be around $65-70kg. Yes bloody cheap!! They aren't the Chinese variety either :ph34r: Looking at around 2-3kg spare after I take my KG. I was sought of over the Amarillo thing because of their current price but I just can't refuse this one.
PM if interested, first in they say.

BYB

Can you mail hops internationally? Quarantine issues i would have thought??

Can you mail hops internationally? Quarantine issues i would have thought??

I received some from the states early last year. No issue.Just don't buy big quantities or flowers and things should be good.

BYB

pellets and plugs are usually OK it's just whole flowers that are not allowed to be mailed.

pellets and plugs are usually OK it's just whole flowers that are not allowed to be mailed.

As well as "shelf stable/commercially packaged helps".

Stray away from dimebags ;)

I think I'd be interested in a kilo, should there be one left over. If not, thats ok.

BANG!! Its all over. For those few who I have replied to, congratulations. Could be a couple weeks before the arrival.

BYB

damm that was quick. I've only recently discovered the sweet lychee aroma joy that is Amarillo! it features big in all my planned brews

Hopsdirect in USA is selling Amarillo hop pellets for $24 per Kilo. Do the conversion and it's only $28 AUD.

http://www.hopsdirect.com/hops/pellethops.html

Purchasing more hops makes them even cheaper. I have NO idea how much the freight is though, since I have sent 3 messages and have not had a reply.

Hopsdirect in USA is selling Amarillo hop pellets for $24 per Kilo. Do the conversion and it's only $28 AUD.

http://www.hopsdirect.com/hops/pellethops.html

Purchasing more hops makes them even cheaper. I have NO idea how much the freight is though, since I have sent 3 messages and have not had a reply.

Fark that is not bad :eek: I thought mine were quite reasonable. The lot that I have coming over are around the $30 mark per kg (postage that is) + insurance. Ridiculous I know. Anyone going to the states and coming back with a mt suit case :unsure:

BYB

Edit: Shit! Have you seen the price of their Cascacde!!

Yeah, it's all pretty amazing seing as how they sell for $17.50 per 100gm right now here.

And NO, No more bulk buys for me until the taps are all sorted out. Of course if someone ELSE wanted to start a bulk buy....

Yeah, it's all pretty amazing seing as how they sell for $17.50 per 100gm right now here.

I would really prefer that this thread does not get into a retailer bashing thread. Pleeaaaaassseeee.

If you hunt through a lot of the U.S retailers you will see that their prices are on a par with Australian retailers. I did also notice that some of the European varieties are up there on price compared to the U.S varieties.

BYB

Latest posts

Back