All Grain Brew On Premises

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
didnt think that any of the brew on premises did all grain full stop.
thought they were all extract

This might sound like a stupid question to some, but what is a brew on premises business?

They are the places that you can make an extract brew at. I wanted to take my mate there and show him how you do an AG, as he wants to see what the results are like before he shells out half on a new system. I've done half a dozen or so BIAB brews, but not for a fair while as I have three jobs and two kids under two and don't have the room to brew any more.

Crouch said:
This might sound like a stupid question to some, but what is a brew on premises business?
People like these

ED: To be fair, they enable you to brew extract beers with good temperature control, excellent sanitation and fairly well matched recipes for each style, and probably give better results than newbies staggering around in the dark trying this and that.

There's one in Brisbane. The drive from Perth may make it uneconomical.

None of the BOP in the northern suburbs do all grain from my experience Stuwort. The closest they get is steeping a bag of specialty grain for flavour.
They also tend to use the same yeast for every type of beer they make which really narrows the style characteristics of their beers.

goomboogo said:
There's one in Brisbane. The drive from Perth may make it uneconomical.
Who? Brews Brothers in Woolongabba doesn't (I've already inquired). I'd love to know who does it all-grain :)

Yeah, from what I understand, Bacchus Brewing (Craftbrewer) are the only BOP in Australia that does All Grain

If you read the recently posted article, Bacchus Brewing started off as a purely BOP operation before being taken over by Ross. Nowadays Bacchus is mostly brewing commercial batches for pubs and bars, but they still do BOP sessions.

Have you tried brew club or home brew shop that demonstrate ag.

I've just bought two 15l water drums with taps from Bunnings, a new Swiss voile bag, grain, hops, 19l pot (I bloody left the last one at a mate's on holiday when using it as a crab cooker) and yeasties. 9l batches, here we go.

Stuwort said:
They are the places that you can make an extract brew at. I wanted to take my mate there and show him how you do an AG, as he wants to see what the results are like before he shells out half on a new system. I've done half a dozen or so BIAB brews, but not for a fair while as I have three jobs and two kids under two and don't have the room to brew any more.
I popped into Brewmart for some bits the other day and they were doing an all grain demonstration in the shop.

Brewmart Brewing Supplies
21 John Street
BAYSWATER WA 6053
Phone 08 9370 2484
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.brewmart.com.au

Alternatively you could try posting on the West Aussie Brew Crew Forum

http://www.westaussiebrewcrew.com/

I'm sure someone there would let you go and watch them brew.

I'll be brewing in Cervantes in a week or so's time, but I brew using a Braumeister, so unless it's the system you're considering it's probably not the best way to demonstrate what's involved to your mate.

There are a lot of Perth brewers here without having to look any where else, all of which would be happy to show you the ropes.
I would put my hand up but I dont brew all that often according to some of my local customers ;)
Nev

Stuwort said:
I've just bought two 15l water drums with taps from Bunnings, a new Swiss voile bag, grain, hops, 19l pot (I bloody left the last one at a mate's on holiday when using it as a crab cooker) and yeasties. 9l batches, here we go.
Any one care to give me some advice on this recipe and method:
Aiming for an 11 litre batch
2.0 kg Pils pale
0.5 kg medium crystal
20g Tettenanger 60 min
10g Tettenanger 10 min
5g Tettenanger dry
T58 yeast 7g
Mash @ 68c for 60 min (strike 71c) 15L
Sparge in 76c for 15 min (2L)
Chill to 19c and add T58

Back