Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KegLand-com-au

www.KegLand.com.au - A Land of Stainless Steel
AHB Sponsor
Reaction score
I thought it was about time we had a specific thread about can seamers.

We recently released this new can seamer called the Cannular Can Seamer.

We also just published a video on this new type of seamer here:

So we though it would be a good idea to have a thread all about how to use these can seamers, and get the most out of them.

I am sure our customers will come up with some tips and tricks and it would be good to get some feedback and hear about what customers have to say.

I thought it was about time we had a specific thread about can seamers.

We recently released this new can seamer called the Cannular Can Seamer.

We also just published a video on this new type of seamer here:

So we though it would be a good idea to have a thread all about how to use these can seamers, and get the most out of them.

I am sure our customers will come up with some tips and tricks and it would be good to get some feedback and hear about what customers have to say.
Any thoughts of doing a package deal on the seamer, cans, and bottle filler gun?

I noticed a while age that you supplied 375ml cans at around 20c per can but now you are advertt500ml cans at around 50c per can which to me isn’t all that cheap
Are you going to bring back the 375 ml cans?

Are there plans to stock other can types? 375ml what DazGore said ^^ also different lids?
I would be interested in pulling the trigger on getting this machine but don't want to be 'locked' in to a specific can type being the current 500ml with full aperture.

The smaller opening lids would be good as they are quite common.

Cheers

Personally I like the larger can opening as it allows you to enjoy the aroma of the beer

I'm with @Ballaratguy on this one. The aroma plays a key part in enjoying beer. For the most part I wont drink I beer from a can unless it has the full aperture i.e BentSpoke

PS, I ordered a Cannular, pack of cans and power supply this morning. Will report back once I've had a go

They said a while ago they probably won't stock other types of cans (because cans take up heaps of warehouse space), but if there is sufficient demand they will make and sell dies for other sizes/types of can (and you would source your own cans).

I'm with @Ballaratguy on this one. The aroma plays a key part in enjoying beer. For the most part I wont drink I beer from a can unless it has the full aperture i.e BentSpoke

PS, I ordered a Cannular, pack of cans and power supply this morning. Will report back once I've had a go

How many breweries have the full aperture can? That really limits your buying choices to a couple doesn't it????

How many breweries have the full aperture can? That really limits your buying choices to a couple doesn't it????
I read it as he would pour it into a glass unless it had the full aperture but I could be misunderstanding.

Like the look of this product, great to have someone local investing in R&D so we don't have to ship everything in from the states. I'm keen to know why the price of the cans jumped so much though, $40 to $120 is a hell of a price jump?

As @Ferg mentioned, yes I pour into a glass.

@Ballaratguy Lkoked to me like it doesn't , it is a 24v machine with an anderson plug for connection and they offer the power supply (240v - 24v, 20 amp)

EDIT. Should also mention I do the same with bottles

Last edited:
Stubbies and pet/longnecks that I bottle I pour into a glass and bought stuff if it’s a craft brew I’ll pour into a glass to appreciate the full flavour
Mega swill I’ll just neck from what it gets delivered in (I don’t buy much unless I’ve run out of my home brews)
Also I brew my own so I don’t have to by someone else’s over priced/taxed product. If I did I wouldn’t be able to afford their beer

Any thoughts of doing a package deal on the seamer, cans, and bottle filler gun?

I would be interested in the seamer, cans, and bottle filler gun + power supply. Its a bit of a weird expense the power supply seeing as its required and there isn't a link to it on the cannular page.

As @Ferg mentioned, yes I pour into a glass.

@Ballaratguy Lkoked to me like it doesn't , it is a 24v machine with an anderson plug for connection and they offer the power supply (240v - 24v, 20 amp)

EDIT. Should also mention I do the same with bottles

Oh yeah that makes sense.

Probably should have read into it better. Excuse me I'll show myself out :)

I would be interested in the seamer, cans, and bottle filler gun + power supply. Its a bit of a weird expense the power supply seeing as its required and there isn't a link to it on the cannular page.

"You will need a 24v Power supply to run this machine with a standard Anderson Plug.
If you do not have these parts already, we do stock them here - >
24v Power Supply + Anderson Plug Combo"

Looks like thats now changed

Last edited:

The price of the Cannular Can Seamers is so cheap at the moment I can't see us offering package deals. It's already less than half the cost of any other can seamer sold in Australia. If anything the price will probably go up by $40-60 in the future.

I noticed a while age that you supplied 375ml cans at around 20c per can but now you are advertt500ml cans at around 50c per can which to me isn’t all that cheap
Are you going to bring back the 375 ml cans?

Yes we will eventually offer the 330ml or 375ml cans but not sure which ones it will be. Also at $0.20 per can we wont be able to get down to this price. I think that was an error before as this is cheaper than what the 330 or 375ml cans cost us when we purchase 50,000 units at a time.

Back