Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, are people planning to can carbonated beer or to prime and let the beer condition in the can.
Having done both with bottles I suspect that keeping the right condition when caning fizzy beer could be fun.

The other question that comes to mind is O2 exclusion. The way very hoppy beers deteriorate with very small O2 pickup can be startling.
Most of the small canners I have seen have CO2 flooding capacity to minimise O2 pickup, even then its measurable and damaging. I'm talking about much more advanced (and expensive) small commercial beer canners, even they have lots of issues, to me it looks like something that works best on a large scale on high end machines.
Not something that really lends its to short runs.
Mark

Did they ever get them in? They are re-known for advertising products before they get them in. A few mug punters will go for it, the die hard fanboys. It will end up like the bread makers stuck in some obsolete cupboard.

What did they do hurt you WEAL? How did they hurt you so to carry on like this every time Kegland even breathes in the forum?

Well, like actual proof would be good.
Proof would be equally as good from them
What did they do hurt you WEAL? How did they hurt you so to carry on like this every time Kegland even breathes in the forum?
They have done nothing to me personally, I have seen what they have done to another party. False misleading advertising. Check out the homepage and the retraction they have been made to post. Sending dangerous goods through the post and with couriers, when questioned they claimed to the investigator they were just empty canisters. And there are lots of other points which I cannot discuss. They had no scruples when they were the front for Keg King and they still have none now.
Just for the record my post was about the need for canning machines, not Keg Land, would have said the same thing no matter who was putting them on the market.

Last edited:

They have done nothing to me personally, I have seen what they have done to another party. False misleading advertising. Check out the homepage and the retraction they have been made to post. Sending dangerous goods through the post and with couriers, when questioned they claimed to the investigator they were just empty canisters. And there are lots of other points which I cannot discuss. They had no scruples when they were the front for Keg King and they still have none now.
Just for the record my post was about the need for canning machines, not Keg Land, would have said the same thing no matter who was putting them on the market.

Retraction link please

I agree with @Kegland, it's not about their product even though it was created by them.

I would like to hear more about canners in general.

I would be asking them that, a new product comes up, the sales pitch is given, look at the item out of stock. How much proof do you need. Just smoke and mirrors to gauge the interest in a product.

We have already sunken a large amount of cost of tooling, punches and manufacture of dies for this product. So we are heavily committed to the manufacture of the Cannular canning machine.

Certainly when a new product is created and nothing similar has ever been sold before at the same price range or with a similar design it's impossible to determine how fast units will sell. As a result we would generally manufacture a conservative amount. I am not sure if I would describe this as smoke and mirrors but it's simply a safe way to do business.

Given that the entire first batch of machines sold out in 2 days I would say its safe for us to conclude that we need to order more frequently. So you will be happy to know inventory will be increased for this particular product lines.

Hopefully this explanation is able to give you the transparency you need so you don't think too much smoke and mirrors have been used.

wide eyed and legless - if for any reason you feel that we are using smoke and mirrors why not come down and see us so you can get some clarity with your own "wide eyes". You appear to live in the area from your profile. What we would like to do is invite you to our premises. If for any reason you think smoke and mirrors are used you can see with your own eyes what we do.

Out of curiosity, are people planning to can carbonated beer or to prime and let the beer condition in the can.
Having done both with bottles I suspect that keeping the right condition when caning fizzy beer could be fun.

The other question that comes to mind is O2 exclusion. The way very hoppy beers deteriorate with very small O2 pickup can be startling.
Most of the small canners I have seen have CO2 flooding capacity to minimise O2 pickup, even then its measurable and damaging. I'm talking about much more advanced (and expensive) small commercial beer canners, even they have lots of issues, to me it looks like something that works best on a large scale on high end machines.
Not something that really lends its to short runs.
Mark

Priming in Cans
The cans that we sell are able to hold 90psi when correctly seamed. This is enough to hold the natural carbonation process and is not dissimilar to bottles. Some of the full aperture cans hold slightly less pressure. So if you want to naturally carbonate with priming sugars in the can it might be best if you use the standard can lids.

O2
We would totally agree. O2 has a massive amount to do with beer quality freshness and shelf life.
We will be doing a video on this particular topic that will compare a few different filling methods and compare this to a commercial canning line. From the research that we have done so far the main factors seem to be:
1. Make sure you cap the can very quickly after filling
2. Make sure that when you cap the can you are pushing the cap down on foam so it evacuates O2.

The purging the can doesn't seem to make that much difference from our research so far. I assume this is because as soon as you start filling a can with a carbonated beverage you already get CO2 escaping from solution which will naturally form a bit of a blanket over the beverage anyway.

Given that the entire first batch of machines sold out in 2 days I would say its safe for us to conclude that we need to order more frequently. So you will be happy to know inventory will be increased for this particular product lines.(QUOTE)

The entire fist batch was sold out in 2 days, don't you mean the few samples which you sold at cost.

Last edited:
Hehehe you said fist batch.
I never said first batch, I was quoting Keg Land. In one post they said a few samples which they let go at cost. In another post in Keg Land Q & A yesterday they inferred it was a container load, if they are going to tell porkies its best they remember what they initially said.

(QUOTE) We do have some sample machines you can purchase from us now. If you want a sample canning machine we can sell these sample units at cost price. Email us on [email protected]

I never said first batch, I was quoting Keg Land. In one post they said a few samples which they let go at cost. In another post in Keg Land Q & A yesterday they inferred it was a container load, if they are going to tell porkies its best they remember what they initially said.

(QUOTE) We do have some sample machines you can purchase from us now. If you want a sample canning machine we can sell these sample units at cost price. Email us on [email protected]

I present Exhibit A, which is Kegland's post:

Exhibit A.JPG

Now I present, Exhibit B, which is your post:

Exhibit b.JPG

YOU SIR!, said "fist batch"!

Still funny.

So I missed the 'r' out of a word. I couldnt be more petrified if a wild Rhinoceros had just come home from a hard day at the swamp and found me wearing his pyjamas, smoking his cigars and in bed with his wife.
Sounds like something Black Adder would say;)
Would be worthwhile checking out the sanitising of cans, looks like it could be a bit different from bottles owing to the liner.
https://discussions.probrewer.com/showthread.php?18685-Can-rinsing-prior-to-filling

@wide eyed and legless please stop. You are single-highhandedly ruining this forum even more that it already is. Nobody wants to read your shit day in day out. Some people genuinely want to talk about canning their home brew and you are sidetracking everything kegland related with your bullshit.

Moderators any chance of stepping in so we can have a proper forum again?

@wide eyed and legless please stop. You are single-highhandedly ruining this forum even more that it already is. Nobody wants to read your shit day in day out. Some people genuinely want to talk about canning their home brew and you are sidetracking everything kegland related with your bullshit.

Moderators any chance of stepping in so we can have a proper forum again?

This 100%

If you are going to accuse people of doing things I think the onus is on you to bring the proof until then you're just talking rubbish gossip. It's quite obvious you have an axe to grind with Kegland for whatever reason but I would suggest unless you are willing to stump up the evidence and leave yourself open for rebuttal maybe just jog past topics started by Kegland because your input isn't constructive in the least.

I'd suggest taking up the offer to go in there and speak to them face to face if you're so concerned behind the keyboard.

If you are going to accuse people of doing things I think the onus is on you to bring the proof until then you're just talking rubbish gossip. It's quite obvious you have an axe to grind with Kegland for whatever reason but I would suggest unless you are willing to stump up the evidence and leave yourself open for rebuttal maybe just jog past topics started by Kegland because your input isn't constructive in the least.

I'd suggest taking up the offer to go in there and speak to them face to face if you're so concerned behind the keyboard.
If you want proof check out post 967 KegLand Q & A. the few sample ones were different to the current one which isn't due in till later in the year. See my post number 33 all I was doing was giving my opinion, I really don't see them being a big seller for a home brewer, clubs I would agree they would have some benefit otherwise I think it is a white elephant. If you or anyone else can give me a reason why they will be a good seller I may change my mind.

Latest posts

Back