Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read it as he would pour it into a glass unless it had the full aperture but I could be misunderstanding.

Like the look of this product, great to have someone local investing in R&D so we don't have to ship everything in from the states. I'm keen to know why the price of the cans jumped so much though, $40 to $120 is a hell of a price jump?

The margins are tight. Let me tell you at $120 for 237 cans this is the best we can do. This price includes re-packaging and the cost of a fairly thick cardboard carton.

Anyone know the warranty they are offering on the Cannular?

We offer a 12month warranty on the product. With that said this unit is built like a tank so you will find it difficult to kill. Even with some pretty bad abuse you should find these machines fairly bulletproof.

The power supply didn’t come with the cannular?

The power supply is sold separately. We have done this to save you guys some money. Some guys might have their own power supply or simply want to use a couple of car battery to power the unit. The nicest solution is just to get our power supply as it's over engineered and has plenty of grunt to get the job done.

"You will need a 24v Power supply to run this machine with a standard Anderson Plug.
If you do not have these parts already, we do stock them here - >
24v Power Supply + Anderson Plug Combo"

Looks like thats now changed

This power supply that we sell is by no means the only way to supply the machine. 24V is also the ideal voltage if you want to get maximum RPM on the motor. With that said if you are happy for the RPM to be a bit slower you can get away with lower voltage power supply. (just do not go so low that you stall the motor as this could damage the motor)

For instance we have already had some success running the Cannular canning machine from drill battery like this:
18v%20Cordless%20Drill%20Battery%20Option%20from%20AEG.jpg

So with an 18v - 5AH drill battery you can seam about 250cans before needing a recharge. This is based on 10 seconds per seam.

Aren't these sorts of posts supposed to go in the Sponsor's Shop?
@AHB_Admin

We could put this thread into the sponsors shop but the idea of this thread was not for us to sell our Cannular Canning machines. The reason was to have an area where customers can share tips and tricks about Canning. It doesn't have to be our Cannular Canning machine either.

If people want to share information about other canning machines they have purchased here they are welcome to do so. I think we do need a thread for anything related to canning irrespective of if it's something that we sell or not.

Perhaps there are some other customers who have built their own canning machine for instance.

We could put this thread into the sponsors shop but the idea of this thread was not for us to sell our Cannular Canning machines. The reason was to have an area where customers can share tips and tricks about Canning. It doesn't have to be our Cannular Canning machine either.

If people want to share information about other canning machines they have purchased here they are welcome to do so. I think we do need a thread for anything related to canning irrespective of if it's something that we sell or not.

Perhaps there are some other customers who have built their own canning machine for instance.
Thread moved.

Thread moved.

Hello Fungrel. I see you have moved the thread here. The only issue is that we dont want this thread just to be about the Cannular canning machine. Ideally this thread is for all things canning not just our stuff. We were hoping to get people comment about other canning machines too.

For instance has anyone used the "oktober can seamer" or the "all american can seamer".

The only issue with this thread being in this section is that people might feel that it's just for talk about the Cannular can seamer but that was not the intention for this thread. We really need a thread which talks about how to get the most out of canning. How to reduce DO, how to fill cans more easily or faster, tips on fermenting in the can etc.

I agree with @Kegland, it's not about their product even though it was created by them.

I would like to hear more about canners in general.

Hello Fungrel. I see you have moved the thread here. The only issue is that we dont want this thread just to be about the Cannular canning machine. Ideally this thread is for all things canning not just our stuff. We were hoping to get people comment about other canning machines too.

For instance has anyone used the "oktober can seamer" or the "all american can seamer".

The only issue with this thread being in this section is that people might feel that it's just for talk about the Cannular can seamer but that was not the intention for this thread. We really need a thread which talks about how to get the most out of canning. How to reduce DO, how to fill cans more easily or faster, tips on fermenting in the can etc.
I think you should read your initial post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kegland sponsors this forum. You are also launching a new product, and that new product (coincidently) is a can seamer.

Please PM if you would like to discuss further.

Why any one would even consider this is beyond me, comparing commercial breweries to home brewing is comparing apples to oranges. Cans are more viable to commercial breweries than to home brewers, commercial breweries would be covering the cost in their pricing. Bottles can be used time and time again, kept under 20C and in the dark is not going to have an adverse effect on the contents, and remember the cans have to to be kept under 20C also. No doubt you will get some to buy the machine, but I doubt very much it is going to be walking out the door.

Why any one would even consider this is beyond me, comparing commercial breweries to home brewing is comparing apples to oranges. Cans are more viable to commercial breweries than to home brewers, commercial breweries would be covering the cost in their pricing. Bottles can be used time and time again, kept under 20C and in the dark is not going to have an adverse effect on the contents, and remember the cans have to to be kept under 20C also. No doubt you will get some to buy the machine, but I doubt very much it is going to be walking out the door.

And yet they are sold out already...

50c per can isn't much worse than the cost per bottle cap, which isn't re-usable either. I doubt anybody would can all of every brew; maybe a few litres that don't fit in the keg. Or can a few from each keg before a camping trip. Maybe a whole batch of imperial stout or barleywine.

I can see it being more viable as a communal asset belonging to a brew club, or maybe a group of mates chipping in a few $$$ each.

I wonder if comps will accept canned entries. @MartinOC will VicBrew be accepting canned entries?

50c per can isn't much worse than the cost per bottle cap, which isn't re-usable either. I doubt anybody would can all of every brew; maybe a few litres that don't fit in the keg. Or can a few from each keg before a camping trip. Maybe a whole batch of imperial stout or barleywine.

I can see it being more viable as a communal asset belonging to a brew club, or maybe a group of mates chipping in a few $$$ each.

I wonder if comps will accept canned entries. @MartinOC will VicBrew be accepting canned entries?
I doubt it as from my understanding they inspect the bottle for cleanliness and clarity before opening. Would be handy though if they did.

Latest posts

Back