Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want proof check out post 967 KegLand Q & A. the few sample ones were different to the current one which isn't due in till later in the year. See my post number 33 all I was doing was giving my opinion, I really don't see them being a big seller for a home brewer, clubs I would agree they would have some benefit otherwise I think it is a white elephant. If you or anyone else can give me a reason why they will be a good seller I may change my mind.

Can you send a picture of the original one? It's not on that post.

Also the current one is due in, in April, not too long away. You make it sound like much much later in the year

Again, hardly proof.

Soz, have to chime in on this..

If you want proof check out post 967 KegLand Q & A. the few sample ones were different to the current one which isn't due in till later in the year.

I enquired about this to KL and got a reply direct from Kee who sent me pics and pricing of the units they had. Indeed they looked totally different to the one sold today.
Not sure why this is a big issue though as they never said that it was the one they would be selling.. a "sample" can be a first prototype which will look totally different to the production version. They may have had a couple units just to test their dies.. who cares.. I was keen on the sample machine, but decided to wait for the production version for less dicking around with it.

Here was one of the samples if anyone interested.. https://imgur.com/a/leVabu4

See my post number 33 all I was doing was giving my opinion, I really don't see them being a big seller for a home brewer, clubs I would agree they would have some benefit otherwise I think it is a white elephant. If you or anyone else can give me a reason why they will be a good seller I may change my mind.

The thing here is, no one really wants your opinion, its always really negative for some reason and you seem to side one way all the time and have no time for anything else.. Like KK vs KL, Bottles vs Canning.

You say "If you or anyone else can give me a reason why they will be a good seller I may change my mind."... This really doesn't matter, no one wants to change your mind cause nobody cares, this thread is about canning, not how many Cannular units kegland will sell or how many you will buy - stop being so self absorbed.

People are interesting in canning as its trending right now and its kinda cool and i think there is quite a bit to be learnt in this space on a homebrewer level.

I would personally like to see all this stuff put to rest and this thread continued on as it started (minus KL getting in trouble for post location :) )

I enquired about this to KL and got a reply direct from Kee who sent me pics and pricing of the units they had. Indeed they looked totally different to the one sold today.
Not sure why this is a big issue though as they never said that it was the one they would be selling.. a "sample" can be a first prototype which will look totally different to the production version. They may have had a couple units just to test their dies.. who cares.. I was keen on the sample machine, but decided to wait for the production version for less dicking around with it.

The thing here is, no one really wants your opinion, its always really negative for some reason and you seem to side one way all the time and have no time for anything else.. Like KK vs KL, Bottles vs Canning.

You say "If you or anyone else can give me a reason why they will be a good seller I may change my mind."... This really doesn't matter, no one wants to change your mind cause nobody cares, this thread is about canning, not how many Cannular units kegland will sell or how many you will buy - stop being so self absorbed.

People are interesting in canning as its trending right now and its kinda cool and i think there is quite a bit to be learnt in this space on a homebrewer level.

I would personally like to see all this stuff put to rest and this thread continued on as it started (minus KL getting in trouble for post location :) )

Thank you for putting up the picture....apart from some casing, it's not too vastly different to the current product!

True, they all crimp a seam twice right? This was the other one.. https://imgur.com/a/U7FfteE

Exactly!

Not in reference to your quote but to save starting a new post.
I don't buy this "Not really applicable to your home brewer, or Homebrewers won't buy this etc. I call complete bullshit on that. This is exactly the sort of thing homebrewers will buy. Look at the shit we all currently buy for no good reason. I see this canner as being just the sort of thing to buy! Looks to take probably a similar time to bottling bottles and it seems to have many more benefits than bottles.

If I can save enough pennies, I actually will very much consider this.

Can you send a picture of the original one? It's not on that post.

Also the current one is due in, in April, not too long away. You make it sound like much much later in the year

Again, hardly proof.
I kept the date a bit vague as to keep it in line with the fermentasaurus 2 or Fermzilla whatever its going to be called. The sample one was if I remember rightly the same as the $169 (or so) on Alibaba.

Not sure why this is a big issue though as they never said that it was the one they would be selling.. a "sample" can be a first prototype which will look totally different to the production version.
Never said is was an issue, just commented that I remember it being different to the one to be released.

Well I thought that opinions is what discussions were about, or has everyone got to like whats trending?

Well reading the first post this thread wasn't about canning it was about selling the Cannular machine.
In marketing it is all about getting people on board with a product, its important to get the 'uninterested' home brewers wanting to get a canning seamer by naming the benefits to the proposed customers, I don't think 'its kinda cool' is going to make people rush out and buy one.
So if anyone can name the pros and cons, not for me but for others who may be interested

I am happy to discuss canning without mentioning KL.

Can we please just get this back onto topic.

Anyone who wants to whinge and bitch about KL or anyone else, please start a new thread in another section of the forum.

I have Brite tanks on my bench in the car shed, which I cool by glycol with a g40 and when the level gets down a certain amount I cannot maintain the temperature and therefore the carbonation level, so for me, to be able to bottle, or can the last bit is awesome.
I also like the idea of cans instead of bottles for giving to friends etc...
The price of the cans is more than reasonable in my opinion.
Buying Cooper's Pets is not much, if at all cheaper.
Yes it's not reusable, but I can't wait to receive my canner, which should be delivered tomorrow (fingers crossed).
I am not canning whole batches, just the last 10ltrs or so of my 40 ltrs batches.
I for one appreciate being able to buy products for my hobby from an Australian company, instead of from the USA or England. This hobby is not cheap, and to get quality products at a great price is a bonus.

It might have been covered here or the other place, but can these cans be recycled to cover a portion of the cost?

It might have been covered here or the other place, but can these cans be recycled to cover a portion of the cost?

I believe they need a barcode to be recycled. It's a problem with some brewery cans too.

But I'm in Victoria so we don't have those fancy schemes and could be talking sh1t

I will get one and will enjoy the learning along the way in this thread.
This will be good for me as i go to the high country every weekend camping to hunt deer during the winter. Cannot take bottles as they shake up to much and can blow the caps off.
Being able to can some straight out of the kegs at home would be great.

Mine turned up yesterday with box of cans and power supply. Ill take some photos this afternoon after work and have a batch to put in them probably next weekend. I haven't opened it yet so not sure what it looks like etc either

Mine turned up yesterday with box of cans and power supply. Ill take some photos this afternoon after work and have a batch to put in them probably next weekend. I haven't opened it yet so not sure what it looks like etc either

Keen to see pictures when you open!

I bought the second sample that was posted up here, and although it looks pretty agricultural compared to the units they're selling now, I'm happy with it. I took a bit to source some cans considering I didn't want to buy a whole pallet. If more people out there get machines, hopefully there can be some bulk buys to spilt cans.

It took a bit of fiddling and adjustment to get the seam sealing perfectly. I went through about 20 cans before I got consistent reliable seams.

A tip I was given to test the seams before trying it with precious hamoebrew is to use coke. Seal a can with coke in it, then put the can seam side down in a pot of water then bring to 50 to 60 degrees. If the seam is no good, you'll soon see the coke leaking out. Obviously be careful with this as your putting hotish liquid under pressure...

As promised, here is the photos of the canning machine and what cones with it, there is no instruction manual but pretty self explanatory. Solid bit of kit, seems well made. I'm not going to open the box of cans until I'm ready to test some seams per the above post before I can a batch. Possibly do a test run on the weekend.
20190227_163459.jpeg
20190227_163819.jpeg
20190227_163856.jpeg
20190227_163641.jpeg

I have some questions about the power supply which would be good to get some kegland feedback on. Are there any issues with the exposed terminals? Would you recommend putting it into a sealed box?

Also, for those of us who are Melbourne based there is a homebrewers who bought the visy cans and is selling them at 40c a pop. 375ml, search for him on gumtree. I assume some mods would be needed for this can on the kegland unit. If the diameter is the same then maybe just an extension piece. No affiliation etc.

As far as I am aware all aluminium cans can be recycled. That's one of the main benefits of cans. They are infinitely r
I have some questions about the power supply which would be good to get some kegland feedback on. Are there any issues with the exposed terminals? Would you recommend putting it into a sealed box?

Also, for those of us who are Melbourne based there is a homebrewers who bought the visy cans and is selling them at 40c a pop. 375ml, search for him on gumtree. I assume some mods would be needed for this can on the kegland unit. If the diameter is the same then maybe just an extension piece. No affiliation etc.

The power supply that we have here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/24v-dc-2...60hz-with-anderson-plug-high-amp-current.html

This is supplied in kit form and it needs to be wired up and mounted into a box. This was the only power supply that we were able to find with the electrical approvals that we needed but we are working to find something that is already pre-wired and in box at the moment but we have not found the right one yet so we are still looking for other power supply options.

What is everyone using/going to use for the power. Just leave it as is, or box it?
I know it's supposed to be boxed, but....

i have a water proof plastic box with a switch to turn on and off plus 2 small bulk heads for power in and out.

Latest posts

Back