• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if anyone has tried the Black Sheep Ales at Aldi from the UK?
They still have some at various stores.
My favourite is the green labelled IPA (5.5%ABV).
The Monty Python IPA is quite nice, as is the Blitzen Ale and the dark ale.
For $4 per bottle it is a reasonable price to try some interesting beers.

Not sure if anyone has tried the Black Sheep Ales at Aldi from the UK?
They still have some at various stores.
My favourite is the green labelled IPA (5.5%ABV).
The Monty Python IPA is quite nice, as is the Blitzen Ale and the dark ale.
For $4 per bottle it is a reasonable price to try some interesting beers.

and they got even better when they started selling them off at $2.50

i was buying a couple a night for a few weeks then someone cleared out the remaining stock in one day, greedy bastards

and they got even better when they started selling them off at $2.50

i was buying a couple a night for a few weeks then someone cleared out the remaining stock in one day, greedy bastards

That might have been me - At $1.99 I couldn't resist. Mind you, that was only a few weeks after my posting. Recently they had a lesser selection and so far they are still $3.99 each. Still nice to sample some of those. The Circadian IPA is good, as are the two red ales they had on offer. The Blonde from Mr Thirsty was the least favourite of mine.

After living in the uk for a few years you can get spoilt for choice. Even then black sheep would register as a purchasing option.

If you can imagine there is an invisible line, and below which there are beers you don’t bother with unless you are very stuck. Black sheep is above the fold.

Now back in Ireland it’s very hard to get any English ale except for the more hoppy stuff (still welcome) just stuff from below the line.

Black sheep would be a regular fridge filler if could get it

I bought one from Aldi about 3 years ago and it works well and is still going strong.
My Dad has purchased 2 from ebay and both work just as well.

also have an aldi sealer purchased last year, still going fine, used for jerky and hops re-sealing, also for meat when going away camping in the camp fridge. better than wasting space in the camp freezer

Just copped a Coopers DIY craft brew starter kit for 20$ from my local Aldi. Decent price for a mini fermenter, hydrometer, bottles, carb drops and can of goop.

Totally OT I know but if your going to choose a user name like Baby Jesus you need a good avatar, thought you might like this one
upload_2020-2-2_7-39-12.png

No way it will hold half a sack. Most malt will fill 2 of 20L pails, some crystal/carra and roasted malts wont quite fit into 40L, so I think you would be needing 4 for a bag, call it $80.
You can get a lot of 20L pails for $80 if you shop around. Not just the price, I suspect pails are going to last a lot longer and stay air/bug tight a lot longer to.
Mark

Found a great deal on a useful bit of kit for line cleaning at Aldi. On sale tomorrow.

I have one and use it all the time to clean and sanitise my lines.

Basically you get the pressure sprayer, cut off the sprayer bit and attach a carb cap to the line as pictured.

Then you can fill with cleaner or sanitizer, pump some pressure into it, attached and run through your line. So much easier than using kegs or a PET bottle with cleaner and using CO2 etc.

First saw on the Home Brew Network youtube and have used since.

Attachments

• Aldi Line Cleaner.JPG
    Aldi Line Cleaner.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 20211015_133059.jpg
    20211015_133059.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 140
Found a great deal on a useful bit of kit for line cleaning at Aldi. On sale tomorrow.

I have one and use it all the time to clean and sanitise my lines.

Basically you get the pressure sprayer, cut off the sprayer bit and attach a carb cap to the line as pictured.

Then you can fill with cleaner or sanitizer, pump some pressure into it, attached and run through your line. So much easier than using kegs or a PET bottle with cleaner and using CO2 etc.

First saw on the Home Brew Network youtube and have used since.

I am assuming it is the 5L one that you use? Do you leave the cleaning solution in the bottle permanently, and just add to it as required?

Back