• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Presumably not Halal then.

Edit
I'm waiting for a gelatine made from PETA members.
Ever played cards against humanity? Sounds like a card straight out of that game. Silly while simultaneously offensive and funny.

Lots of cleaning stuff currently on special. Including the big rolls of cling film and assorted sizes of zip lock bags which Is handy for grouping yeast vials. Also the bigger tubs of Aldi San for those that haven't gone to full perc yet.

Presumably not Halal then.

Edit
I'm waiting for a gelatine made from PETA members.
I though they used for bread but its with an I PITA BREAD.
The $4 a kilo pork 7 day special is a very good.

They also have digital travel/suitcase scales - the ones that you hook on to your suitcase then lift to get the weight of it.
Great for weighing kegs in the keg fridge to determine how much is left (as long as you write on the side how much they each weigh when empty!)

Disposable co2 bulb dispenser/regulator.
https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-...au_product_newsletter&pk_kwd=2017-07-06_16-37
$10!
I can't wait for Aldi to start selling kegs! [emoji1]

LOL! Looks more like a push button than a spring loaded regulator, so likely it is a CO2 keg charger, so high risk of over pressurising your keg. I had one and it blew up in my face at the Echuca case swap if anyone remembers that. Granted was another brand but dumping full bulb pressure through plastic fittings is a bad idea and doesn't sit well with me. This one is designed to fill a larger tyre volume (flat tyre) up so there is more of a "buffer" than the small already pressurised keg headspace.

I used to have a kosher keg charger from CraftBrewer. Worked well but it took up to 3 bulbs to discharge a keg.

Aldi tap that’s in 12,000 households contaminates water with up to 15 times the allowable lead limit
John Rolfe, News Corp Australia Network

Read the story again.
The headline refers to ONE tap that was tested. The tap that was tested for certification was 10% of allowable lead.
Looks like they'll have to test a shitload more.
Plus the same tap is at Bunnings.

Typical Murdoch shitrag beatup to provide the daily dose of fear and resentment for the cretins who still read the garbage.

Read the story again.
The headline refers to ONE tap that was tested. The tap that was tested for certification was 10% of allowable lead.

Typical Murdoch shitrag beatup to provide the daily dose of fear and resentment for the cretins who still read the garbage.
They only need to find another one with lead to do a recall.

Most Australian plumbing brass contains some lead as you'll see from the story. They only need to find another one with excessive amounts of lead. I expect that Bunnings, Reece etc might want to have their product tested as well.

Read the story again.

No one would dare suggest other supermarkets may favour Aldi taking a hit in a major trash rag paper? I wouldn't suggest that, but I'm sure that's a marketing avenue that's been used to promote and junk brands in competition with one another. Allegedly. Maybe...

not only that, the allowable lead limit could be so low that 15x is still stuff all

An investigation by the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) found plumbing-electrical contractor Brett George Hogan had been using a solder product for hot water systems with a lead content above the national standard.
If you start testing for lead you never know what you will find electrical contractor doing plumbing or Aldi selling plumbing is that why they are investigated and not industry suppliers what does a plumber charge for the same Chinese tap.When they found lead in new hospital in Perth they found water supplied had lead content before it reached the hospital.

Aldi liquor on special.
Kronenbourg

Beware.
I checked it out yesterday. Coopers, who couldn't brew a decent lager if their lives depended on it.
Stick to the ales lads.

Agree, Sapporo is Shit now they've taken over the brewing...

Back