• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oktoberfest liquor is on again: from next Wednesday 20th September. Slightly different format this year, no 4 packs of 500ml assorted but note the 5L mini kegs of Paulaner Helles and Hefe for $30.

I'll be sitting at the door at Lismore on opening time.
Pissed-Off-Magnet-C13110245.jpg

$3 steins, FFS.

Yes I noticed those jars. I'm going to get a few to keep slurry in because at the moment I often have a couple of Schott bottles tied up for weeks with slurry.

I guess they are pressure cookable. If so they would also be good for sterilising then storing spare wort for starters.

I like the look of those juice bottles. Does anyone know their height and will they fit into a namco canner?

Not so keen on rubber seal on top. The rubber seals tend to perish rather quickly and I have not found a source of spares. Would prefer silicone to the red rubber.

plenty of steins at gladesville just no mini kegs
apparently they haven't been delivered yet. did get the paulaner octoberfiest though

WK38_PD_388x314_49b.jpg
The Aldi 10X Huober giant pretzels are great.
Around $3.50.

Batz

Last edited:
I was late getting to Lismore, at midday today there was only Paulaner Oktoberfest and Hefe half litres left. There were yellow cards on the shelf apologising for the lack of the mini kegs and saying they would be here at a later date. Aha, worth keeping an eye out for them.

I scored a dozen Oktoberfest 6% ABV. This is what German beer should taste like. And only $4 a bottle.

I can now see that Hitler's Beer Hall Putsch of 1923 would not have happened if they hadn't been ploughed out of their brains on this stuff and history would have been quite different. He wouldn't have ended up in jail, wouldn't have written Mein Kampf and probably gone back to painting bad landscapes and left the rest of us alone.

Fuckin Munich beer has a lot to answer for. Prost.

I like the look of those juice bottles. Does anyone know their height and will they fit into a namco canner?
I bought 4, for trub storage to supplement my Schott Bottles collection, They are exactly 17.5 cm tall.

Still available locally, depends on your store as always, and the number of hipster Quinoa, Kale and Kefir maniacs in the area, but I guess not the most high demand item around for the general population.

Edit (Tuesday)

I like. Ich Liebe.

Melbourne no 1 in jars.jpg

Last edited:
Off topic but the designer chairs sold out by 10am nationwide.

A couple of Aldis still have Coopers Craft beer outfits with the half size FV.

Back