• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are floating around still at some stores.
Reservoir had them
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1465455453.011135.jpg

I take it you grabbed a couple of the Karmeliter Weissbier sitting next to the kits?

Bribie G said:
I take it you grabbed a couple of the Karmeliter Weissbier sitting next to the kits?
only went to get get flour and bread today. guess what!

Bribie G said:
I bought two initially but made a point of telling everyone else about it. Now I'm getting a bunch of free ones from blokes who didn't like it and bought two kegs themselves!

I think it's delicious.

Fraser's BRB said:
See it's talk like that which led me to buy some last time around and led to my ultimate disappointment.

It's ok, maybe even good, but not great.
last time was the marinade not the sauce.. didnt confuse them did you?

Feldon said:
Which one would you recommend? The Honey-Chipolte sounds good.
I think I've tried all of them but have been buying the "Hickory and Brown Sugar" for near 10 years. Used as a marinade/sauce for pork ribs. Done right - the ducks nuts. You wont find this sauce any cheaper.

...Would love to see the "Stubbs" range popping up in Aldi :)

Plain Baby Ray's BBQ is OK, the Honey Chippotle is good, but Hickory and Brown Sugar is by far the best product in that range.

I have to disagree, they're far from the best sauce. Primary ingredient in all of them is high fructose corn syrup.

What you want is Rufus Teague Blazin Hot. THAT is the best BBQ sauce.

Or, y'know, make your own bbq sauce. Google "stout & sriracha bbq sauce". Next time I'll add some chipotle in adobo sauce

Local Aldi have rearranged local store is this happening in other stores.

They are experimenting with a more "Euro" look mimicking Colesworth, with fruit and veg at the front, meat at the back, but there will still be the centre aisles with our beloved brauhaus specials. In fact if they put upright glass-door freezers along a side wall and remove the current "coffin" freezers it might free up even more space for variety goods.

I believe the SA and WA stores are the new format.

Drill powered 'water' pump at ALDI for $16.99. Forgot to get the picture, but looks like a good little pump for the price - especially for a HERMS that needs to be transportable, or recirculating BIAB.

Latest posts

Back