• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie G said:
In the stores with liquor,

Guinness 6 pack (not 4 pack) widget cans, Dublin brewed, $17.
A little ot but i noticed Sims (Melbourne) and IGA are selling these too. How can you tell if its the beer brewed in Dublin or the syrup brewed in Dublin?

I heard that they all say brewed in Dublin but the some are actually a concentrate thats sent over seas and then watered down before canning. So technically its still brewed in Dublin but its not the same. I was told that by a guy in a grog shop so i really wouldnt know however. Disclaimer.

No, where G is brewed under licence as in Australia, the base brew is done on local malts but a concentrate of the roast barley etc is sent out to be added to the brew. If you're really interested in Guinness, the "Bible" is Guinness-the 250 Year Quest for the Perfect Pint by Bill Yenne.

The cans come from Dublin as they contain N2 widgets and I don't believe we have the technology to produce widgets here (in much the same way that the Kiwis are unable to produce ring-pull food cans or toothpaste tubes with an attached lid).

Bought two Adventuridge camping chairs today for $40 each. Will see if they hold up but seem good quality compared to similar product from BCF or the like for double the price.

In the liquor store "alcove" while stocks last:

Italian made 500ml beer stein glasses - $4.65 a pair.

aldi beer steins.jpg

Bribie G said:
In the liquor store "alcove" while stocks last:

Italian made 500ml beer stein glasses - $4.65 a pair.
I think these are the same as the ones they had for Oktoberfest last year, might be some left over stock that they've brought back out to sell off.

earle said:
I think these are the same as the ones they had for Oktoberfest last year, might be some left over stock that they've brought back out to sell off.
Yep, same ones -- they're damn near indestructible too.

No buy them!!! We bought about 15 for camping and they get some all mightly beatings. Thrown across a river onto the ground and not even a crack in the glass!!

Drink responsibly.

Awesome, I was unsure but for a hundred 'd jump at one. I guess I can wait and see.

just about worn mine out. its just starting to rust and its been 4 ish years.

Bridges said:
Awesome, I was unsure but for a hundred 'd jump at one. I guess I can wait and see.
Worth it for the full price IMO, as they may not have left over stock this time. There's a smoking thread on this forum that features these smokers if you need inspiration.

This one is different from mine in that it's two door.

Well there I was in Lismore Aldi today buying pork belly and some Tomatoes and guess what jumped into my trolley :D

Couple of guys were buying them and we got a bit of a discussion group going, including excellent advice like don't do it anywhere near the house and get the chips from Bunnings etc.

I'll assemble it tomorrow, expecting to take it out of the box and fire up this evening: the little bugger makes IKEA flat pack assembly look like kiddies play blocks. :unsure: :unsure:

I bought hickory chips and a box of apple, cherry and mesquite wood chips so the pork belly won't go to waste: off over to the smokin meat thread now.

smoker assembly.jpg

Thang of beauty, took me a couple of hours to assemble, and currently curing it with a smoke run. I'm now a member of the Smoking Meat sub forum, they let me in.

smoker 1.jpgsmoker 2.jpg

As reported on the other thread, just kill me now as it couldn't get any better....

smoker 3.jpg

Latest posts

Back